Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog. This is part 1 of a 3 part dynasty blog.

Quote:
"Hey NCAA Fans! Russ here and I'm back to discuss a crowd favorite. We are now less than two months away from the July 13th release of NCAA Football 11. Personally, I'm very excited about all the details we already talked about with game play and presentation. The game is looking really good right now and the team is working hard to finish in these last couple months.

One of the most asked questions at every event, forum, and live chat we've done so far this year is "What is new with Dynasty?" Well I'm happy to finally be able to answer that question and provide you with a lot of the details in Dynasty Mode. But with all the enhancements this year, Dynasty will be broken down into 3 different blogs; this is the first about the new Phone Call in NCAA Football 11."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 sinc79 @ 05/18/10 03:07 PM
Maybe I missed something when I skimmed through the update, but it doesn't seem to be too much different from previous recruiting methods. It just seems to be slightly tweaked which is what they already do every year.

Can someone highlight the major differences with this recruiting and what should I be excited about?

Thanks

# 62 Matt Diesel @ 05/18/10 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaizeHaze
Which makes me wonder if cpu recruiting logic has been fixed.
My thoughts exactly in more indirect way. It looks awesome, but hopefully the AI recruiting logic is passable and somewhat based on team playing styles and such. Like triple option teams not recruiting a pocket passing QB with no speed.

# 63 Solidice @ 05/18/10 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc79
Maybe I missed something when I skimmed through the update, but it doesn't seem to be too much different from previous recruiting methods. It just seems to be slightly tweaked which is what they already do every year.

Can someone highlight the major differences with this recruiting and what should I be excited about?

Thanks
it seems like you'll no longer be able to only hit the most/very high pitches.

when you start a call, you select how many topics you want to talk about(how long the call will be), then the recruit selects what to talk about and you decide how to "react" to it. that is how i read it at least.

# 64 they call me kevin @ 05/18/10 03:15 PM
Meh, looks basically the same except with a new template and visual point representation.

# 65 da ThRONe @ 05/18/10 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it seems like you'll no longer be able to only hit the most/very high pitches.

when you start a call, you select how many topics you want to talk about(how long the call will be), then the recruit selects what to talk about and you decide how to "react" to it. that is how i read it at least.
Yeah thats what I gather too. Which isnt a huge difference ,but it is alot more realistic and in theory should be an nice improvement. Having the recruits take more control of the process.

# 66 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/18/10 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Yeah thats what I gather too. Which isnt a huge difference ,but it is alot more realistic and in theory should be an nice improvement. Having the recruits take more control of the process.
Agreed.

# 67 yanks26ngoin @ 05/18/10 03:37 PM
Wait, what? You felt a new phone call system would add the most to the dynasty experience? Really, EA? The main problem with dynasty mode is the depth, or the lack there of. Dynasty Mode became very stale over the course of the series existence. Thats because of the modes lack of depth, and no one really was able to continue a dynasty with a single team without getting bored. The only way to fix that is to add an Athletic Director Mode. And right now, it looks as if it did not get in, since Russ stated that the dev team felt that a new phone call system would add the most to dynasty. Sorry, but it adds nothing to dynasty besides dressing up recruiting alittle bit.

# 68 da ThRONe @ 05/18/10 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Wait, what? You felt a new phone call system would add the most to the dynasty experience? Really, EA? The main problem with dynasty mode is the depth, or the lack there of. Dynasty Mode became very stale over the course of the series existence. Thats because of the modes lack of depth, and no one really was able to continue a dynasty with a single team without getting bored. The only way to fix that is to add an Athletic Director Mode. And right now, it looks as if it did not get in, since Russ stated that the dev team felt that a new phone call system would add the most to dynasty. Sorry, but it adds nothing to dynasty besides dressing up recruiting alittle bit.
Well this is clearly your opinion. While I agree this series has gotten very stale I dont think its screams for AD mode. I would never use an AD mode personally. I like the fact that they are shaking recruiting up a bit. And there's a good chance coaching carosel is in which is the biggest thing needed in dynasty mode right now.

# 69 hawkeyebred2332 @ 05/18/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Well this is clearly your opinion. While I agree this series has gotten very stale I dont think its screams for AD mode. I would never use an AD mode personally. I like the fact that they are shaking recruiting up a bit. And there's a good chance coaching carosel is in which is the biggest thing need in dynasty mode right now.
Agree with what you say about AD mode. I have seen a few people screaming for it for years now, but I don't see why. The last thing I want to do is load up a dynasty, try to go sign some offensive coordinator, set ticket prices, etc. To me that is not what the NCAA series is about. If you want that go play Madden's owner mode.

Now, I like the looks of the new recruiting screens, but have 2 big complaints:

1) The visible points system, which has already been picked at so I won't go into it.

2) The concept of picking your potential pitches at the beginning of the call and then going through them individually. I like it in theory, but I didn't see a mention of whether or not you can duplicate pitches? If not, this will nearly make it impossible for smaller schools to recruit against the big dogs.

Take a team like Utah State, who maybe has 1 or 2 A's and the rest are C's. Obviously you aren't going to have much success pitching a C to a propsect, so what you have 2 things you can sell at most? In previous years you could really hammer those two things, but now it looks like it immedietly makes it so you can't talk to them for long? Say you really want and need some 4*, and have him tops of your board, but you can only pick 2 pitches (and that = 20 minutes?) each week, yet some other school can have this same guy as their 3rd option at that position, pick 4 pitches (40 minutes) and basically double up your points each and every week.

It just seems to me that this will make it next to impossible to land any recruits with a small school if a big school is going after them. I know I know that is somewhat realistic, but it is not impossible. It was harder for small schools before this new "Phone Call", as it should be, but this seems to be taking it over the top to me. As a guy who likes to start with 1* teams and build them up, this doesn't excite me.

# 70 Solidice @ 05/18/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebred2332

2) The concept of picking your potential pitches at the beginning of the call and then going through them individually. I like it in theory, but I didn't see a mention of whether or not you can duplicate pitches? If not, this will nearly make it impossible for smaller schools to recruit against the big dogs.
I don't believe you pick the pitches. you only select how many topics there will be(1-6). then the recruit chooses which pitches are talked about.

# 71 bigtimegeek @ 05/18/10 04:06 PM
i dont find this too exciting, and agree that the point system could dumb things down....
why not give us a high school all star game, or at the very least, bring back the spring game....??

# 72 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/18/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
At the top of the article, as well as at the very end,it is stated that this is just part 1 of 3 covering dynasty. While I doubt that AD mode will make it in, I'm pretty sure the next two blogs won't be focused on covering phone calls again. Why not wait and see what those two are about before proclaiming that they have not addressed depth.

# 73 Vikes1 @ 05/18/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
As long as the ratings actually matter when I play the game on the field, then recruiting could be fun again.
Exactly.

The upgrades over the last few years with the recruiting is very welcome. It's like a game within a game.

But if you have some serious doubts that the player ratings really matter while actually playing the game...you can easily view this very detailed recruiting as pretty much a waste of time. And if you use the new recruiting to it's fullest...we're talking about A LOT of time. And unfortunately, I do have those serious doubts.

# 74 Catamount53 @ 05/18/10 04:17 PM
I think some of you are forgetting that while you may know where you stand with the recruit, you do not know what the other school will do which will lead to surprises. Also, just because you know a team is catching up does not mean you will be able to stop them.

# 75 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/18/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I think some of you are forgetting that while you may know where you stand with the recruit, you do not know what the other school will do which will lead to surprises. Also, just because you know a team is catching up does not mean you will be able to stop them.
Excellent point. I doubt every other school remains static while you amass points. They are pitching and gaining momentum or dropping out as well.

# 76 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/18/10 04:45 PM
Well Its somthing new thats added to the game and not something from last year. So this is new in the game and will help in alot of way in getting recruits to come to the small schools if done right. So go Baylor Bears.......

# 77 davep @ 05/18/10 04:45 PM
NCAA developers...please just steal the recruiting process for College Hoops 2k8! Thanks!

# 78 BenGerman @ 05/18/10 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Too bad you didn't have a point system with women that you could plainly see where you stood at all times..
That could be the cause of some major self esteem issues.

# 79 da ThRONe @ 05/18/10 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Excellent point. I doubt every other school remains static while you amass points. They are pitching and gaining momentum or dropping out as well.
I think this is the biggest key. The CPU must be better at recruiting.

# 80 MrDhWhat @ 05/18/10 05:20 PM
Great to hear.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.