Home
Backbreaker 2 News Post

Torsten Reil has confirmed Backbreaker 2, via his Twitter account.

Quote:
"Yes - Backbreaker went GOLD last week! Looking forward to launch party. Most of team already rolled onto BB2."

Game: Backbreaker 2Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 stiffarmleft @ 05/18/10 12:00 PM
Good news, hopefully this means there will be an annual release since all the heavy lifting is done.

# 2 Americas Team1 @ 05/18/10 12:01 PM
That is GREAT NEWS!!!

# 3 kehlis @ 05/18/10 12:03 PM
Does this really confirm the game will be released though?

I would imagine they would begin to work on it at this point anyway and a decision on releasing BB2 wouldn't come until a little while down the road.

# 4 stiffarmleft @ 05/18/10 12:11 PM
They are a small studio, they really don't have the luxury to devote manpower to a game that will not be released, especially when they are talking about developing other sports titles. I'm pretty confident that he would not mention BB2 if there was a chance it wouldn't be released.

# 5 bigsmallwood @ 05/18/10 12:13 PM
Great 2 hear!

# 6 Blzer @ 05/18/10 12:14 PM
Cool, now I don't have to buy BB1.

Ha, just kidding. But seriously, Backbreaker 2 will hopefully be the game everyone has been hoping for since the induction of Backbreaker. This includes the injuries and fatigue, maybe even a stadium editor/creator, hopefully reduced pad sizes (or at least options for them), actual faces and such, deeper playbooks, and who knows what else there will be.

As long as it's confirmed and as long as they take two years for it (please don't take one, otherwise I'll think twice about buying BB1), I'm all for it.

# 7 ODogg @ 05/18/10 12:15 PM
but if they are a small studio then i'd view it as they don't have the luxury to continue working on a game if the first game ends up not selling well. in other words, if the first one sells poorly i could still see them scrapping the idea for a second. hate to be a negative nelly but just what i think..

# 8 rooney8 @ 05/18/10 12:16 PM
I think it is possible they have already been backed to make a BB2. Even if BB doesn't sell well it is the future of how gaming will be made so being bought up or building a franchise game of their own in time is very possible. It's clear the potential of Euphoria. I don't know if they would be getting payed to work on a game that could well be scrapped in a couple of months. Not how business is done usually.

# 9 stiffarmleft @ 05/18/10 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
but if they are a small studio then i'd view it as they don't have the luxury to continue working on a game if the first game ends up not selling well. in other words, if the first one sells poorly i could still see them scrapping the idea for a second. hate to be a negative nelly but just what i think..
It could go either way but just the fact that he mentioned it leads me to believe it will be released regardless of sales, I think this guy is very confident in the product he's putting out. Now 505 games may not publish it if sales are terrible, but that's another discussion.

# 10 GlennN @ 05/18/10 12:25 PM
Great news! It gives the team a chance to fine tune things that maybe didn't work in the first one. It isn't realistic to think they will do everything right (or even acceptably) in their first shot. I really hope their investment pays off. I will be there to buy on 6/1/10!

# 11 ODogg @ 05/18/10 12:29 PM
I will say this, this is the only way any football game can ever hope to compete with Madden....with a company that will commit to it. That was 2K's problem with their APF...it was an experiment and an experiment is not good enough...a company needs to be in it for a longhaul and build brand familarity..

# 12 mvb34 @ 05/18/10 12:32 PM
I'm sure people got rolling on NFL 2K6 and NFL Fever 2005..

# 13 TheWatcher @ 05/18/10 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I'm sure people got rolling on NFL 2K6 and NFL Fever 2005..
They definitely did, and they did with APF 2K9 as well. We all know how those games turned out...

# 14 Cryolemon @ 05/18/10 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Does this really confirm the game will be released though?

I would imagine they would begin to work on it at this point anyway and a decision on releasing BB2 wouldn't come until a little while down the road.
Well, the final decision would obviously be with the publishers, but it makes sense for them to start work on a sequel. Do I think it will be a yearly release? No, but I think somewhere in the reason of every 18 months to 2 years makes sense for a game like BB.

# 15 JerzeyReign @ 05/18/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You are the most negative person on this boardlol

I hope it does well. In all honestly its' already causing the other game to try and use some sort of momentum based foundation for movements on the field. I'm stationed in Germany so I'll probably not be getting this (doubt online support will keep me interested) but I will rent it once to try it out.

# 16 mestevo @ 05/18/10 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Well, the final decision would obviously be with the publishers, but it makes sense for them to start work on a sequel. Do I think it will be a yearly release? No, but I think somewhere in the reason of every 18 months to 2 years makes sense for a game like BB.
This is actually something I was wondering, their publishing situation. If they have a multiyear deal with 505 or if they are going to need to find a publisher for BB2 and any other games.

# 17 radatdude2 @ 05/18/10 01:08 PM
Thats great news

# 18 Valdarez @ 05/18/10 01:11 PM
You like EA Sport's Online Pass Program ODogg, but you're down on BackBreaker 2 being confirmed? Where'd the optimism, this is a good thing, fuzzy warm feelings go? The risk is pretty low for this company. Only 6 guys worked on it for 3 years, and they upped the team to 9 I believe later on. They haven't spent ANY money on advertising, even their demos tutorials look like they were done by someone on the dev team and not by professionals. Their technology was their own, at no cost, and the licensing of it even subsidized their game. I bet they only need about 300,000 in sales to break even, at most 500,000 (and that's being very generous). Anything over that and they are pocking a profit. Plus, there's always the possibility of DLC down the road. Unless the game just completely flops, which I personally don't believe it will, then we should be seeing a Backbreaker 2 (hopefully with a God move view, adjustable camera, and injuries) somewhere in the future.

# 19 mestevo @ 05/18/10 01:17 PM
They've already ruled out DLC.

# 20 BlkSpydrMan @ 05/18/10 01:18 PM
It's good to see people supporting something new.. I don't think it should be an annual release like other sports titles.. The people at NaturalMotions should take the time to get feedback from the first game in order to make the 2nd one that much greater..

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.