Home
Backbreaker 2 News Post

Torsten Reil has confirmed Backbreaker 2, via his Twitter account.

Quote:
"Yes - Backbreaker went GOLD last week! Looking forward to launch party. Most of team already rolled onto BB2."

Game: Backbreaker 2Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 NFLHITMAN @ 06/08/10 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
but if they are a small studio then i'd view it as they don't have the luxury to continue working on a game if the first game ends up not selling well. in other words, if the first one sells poorly i could still see them scrapping the idea for a second. hate to be a negative nelly but just what i think..
I didn't care for Red Dead Revolver because of the choppy game play but Red Dead Redemption is the best game I have ever played.

The use of horses and the wild west had not been done yet and they took what they learned from Revolver and tweaked into the best game to date IMO.

# 62 Ike04 @ 02/16/11 01:30 PM
if only madden had its graphics, with backbreaker physics, and 2k's presentation. That would be a perfect football game.

# 63 thrust @ 02/21/11 04:33 PM
Now BB and NM have another shot to better and include on their first attempt. Look out!

# 64 mestevo @ 02/21/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
Now BB and NM have another shot to better and include on their first attempt. Look out!
Maybe they do, but there's nothing official yet saying they're going to take another shot, this is an old thread.

# 65 thrust @ 02/22/11 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Maybe they do, but there's nothing official yet saying they're going to take another shot, this is an old thread.
Just realized that. Damper on my day. The sooner they speak up, the sooner they have a chance to build our hunger back. What's up NM?

# 66 mestevo @ 02/22/11 01:52 AM
Quote:
Just realized that. Damper on my day. The sooner they speak up, the sooner they have a chance to build our hunger back. What's up NM?
Just over 2 months ago they said they'd have info on their 2011 projects 'soon' and haven't announced anything yet.

Wonder how much lead time they'd give marketing to hype a release, 4 months from the 1 year anniversary of Backbreaker, can almost certainly count on BB2 not being released around that time or it would have been announced already.

We know they're working on an ice hockey game, maybe that's all we'll see this year, with that releasing in the fall before NHL season starts.

# 67 MINATAURO @ 02/22/11 11:11 AM
Hope they make BB2 really enjoyed the first one. I have no problem with waiting for a game if they are gonna make improvements.

# 68 thrust @ 02/22/11 07:31 PM
If that posting is accurate, they've been working on it for a while now. I often hear people say that it's ruff for them 'cause they're a small company. If that's true it's by choice or design. They have made big bucks with some of the titles that their engines have powered along. I'm sure they could afford a few new hands on deck, if they so desired.

# 69 catcatch22 @ 02/22/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
They have made big bucks with some of the titles that their engines have powered along. I'm sure they could afford a few new hands on deck, if they so desired.
Actually they are. They are hiring and have posted as such on their site. They want developers, managers and programmers with experience. They even listed the criteria they are looking for and asking for resumes.

So yes they can certainly afford some new guys.

# 70 thrust @ 02/28/11 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Actually they are. They are hiring and have posted as such on their site. They want developers, managers and programmers with experience. They even listed the criteria they are looking for and asking for resumes.

So yes they can certainly afford some new guys.
On that note, could you imagine the uproar if the headlines would read, "Ian Cummings defects, now with Natural Motion". lol. Alot of people would get no sleep. Alot of us take our gaming to heart. It would prolly be bigger news than some of the current governmental politics as of late. Sad but true.

# 71 mestevo @ 02/28/11 08:41 PM
Quote:
On that note, could you imagine the uproar if the headlines would read, "Ian Cummings defects, now with Natural Motion". lol. Alot of people would get no sleep. Alot of us take our gaming to heart. It would prolly be bigger news than some of the current governmental politics as of late. Sad but true.
With all due respect I think you overestimate how many people know who Ian Cummings is. Either way, it's OT, and it's not the first time it's happened (some well known guy has flip flopped once or twice on the NBA games hasn't he?)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.