Home
Backbreaker News Post

The Backbreaker demo is now available on the Marketplace. Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"BACKBREAKER™ is a new, revolutionary football experience that takes you straight onto the field. Breakthrough euphoria tackles, non-canned animation, and stunning on-field graphics make BACKBREAKER™ the first truly live football game."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 121 NoDakHusker @ 05/21/10 12:03 PM
Part 2 of 3

I'll probably post a blog with all 3 vids in it, seeing as they'll kind of get lost in this thread

# 122 Skyboxer @ 05/21/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
The gamers that want those things probably wont even try BB. I think your preaching to the wrong crowd. Everyone here is more then likely concerned with gameplay first & foremost.

Nobody said BB was perfect. But camera angles, music, and uniforms arent the same as broken gameplay and useless ratings. BB has a chance to evolve into a true next gen football game. Something we didn't get back in 06-07 as promised.

Your comments seam as to stir up trouble & get things off topic. If you dont like BB, just tell us why. We want all the good and bad about the demo.
Woah....
Nobody said BB was perfect? BS.
For MONTHS nothing but "The greatest ever" has come from the BB forum at official site and some here.

-------------------------------------

With that said I haven't played the demo yet and can't wait to fire it up!

# 123 stiffarmleft @ 05/21/10 12:09 PM
I don't have the demo but one thing I have noticed from the videos is that on running plays that go parallel to the line of scrimmage, sweeps, scrambles, I've seen players running backwards unintentionally because of the sudden camera change, can anybody comment on this.

# 124 Skyboxer @ 05/21/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
I just threw a pass to my half back across the middle. He wasn't looking when I threw it and it was only like 5 yards away so the ball just hit him in the back. I guess that's good.
Unless it happens over and over that is GREAT!!.... Keep impressions coming guys!

# 125 TracerBullet @ 05/21/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I had that issue with the training drill thing too. I think it just wants a certain amount of distance between the WR and any other defenders for it to count. When I finally did pass the drill, it was the same pass animation and sound effects that I'd gotten multiple times before.
I was just trying that and having touble with it. I was getting lit up when I threw it though but it gave me a pass.

# 126 LBzrule @ 05/21/10 12:12 PM
The biggest thing I like in my short time playing this game is the pass protection schemes. I have seen quarter slides with the HB combo blocking with the back side tackle on the defensive end and I have seen PIG protection. They whipped EA in that department already

# 127 allBthere @ 05/21/10 12:13 PM
downloading now....damn i expected 12pm...come on this thread and it's already massive.

I'll play some and re-read the thread and try not to repeat anything and try to just add new stuff or if my opinion is different etc.

90%

# 128 LeonM @ 05/21/10 12:13 PM
Big thanks to The X-Box users for giving their impressions and for sharing videos.

Big credit to the developers of Backbreaker for not going the safe route. Backbreaker is so radically different from any other video football game ever made. It would have been so much easier to just go with "the formula"... The industry needed something different.

The fear with anything so radical is that the result could end up be an amazing failure. From what I can gather and have read thus far. The game looks like a great experience. I can't wait to play.

I have always suspected that the game could get some negative reviews based on how different and challenging it is. I know for a fact that I am going to struggle mightily getting used to playing Backbreaker. Frankly, I love that aspect of this game.

# 129 ThaShark28_316 @ 05/21/10 12:14 PM
It's a really fun game. That can be said right off the bat.

Passing game is nice, it makes you feel like your are under pressure yourself. It's almost like "damn, i'll never curse another real life QB after a bad throw".

Overall control on offense

The defense...it's ok, just feel like I can't control much.

Camera options. Needs to be more than this...maybe something they can work on for BB 2.

Overall I like it, gotta play it more though.

# 130 Sigma4Life @ 05/21/10 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
I don't have the demo but one thing I have noticed from the videos is that on running plays that go parallel to the line of scrimmage, sweeps, scrambles, I've seen players running backwards unintentionally because of the sudden camera change, can anybody comment on this.
It just takes practice. Initially it's really easy to overcompensate when changing directions.

# 131 stiffarmleft @ 05/21/10 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The biggest thing I like in my short time playing this game is the pass protection schemes. I have seen quarter slides with the HB combo blocking with the back side tackle on the defensive end and I have seen PIG protection. They whipped EA in that department already
I really want to hear your impressions.

# 132 sportyguyfl31 @ 05/21/10 12:15 PM
looking forward to giving this some burn on tuesday!

# 133 TracerBullet @ 05/21/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
and I'm getting sick of hearing "Here Comes the Boom"
lol
Well in real life the Seahawks played the same kickoff song over and over so I guess it's realistic lol.

# 134 stiffarmleft @ 05/21/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
It just takes practice. Initially it's really easy to overcompensate when changing directions.
That's what I figured, I may have to leave work early.

# 135 Linuxx @ 05/21/10 12:17 PM
Everything is looking great from what I reading on this demo. Seems people are really enjoying the game.

Does anyone get a sense of what Franchise is going to be like by playing? I mean with how players are rated and how the teams look with bench players? With no injuries how much are bench players needed and what not?
>>
Thanks all and keep the great feedback coming, I need it until next week when the PS3 demo comes out.

# 136 Sigma4Life @ 05/21/10 12:19 PM
Passing isn't so bad after all, it just requires a little practice. Just completed a game on hard with the Cougars vs. Colonels.

My stats with QB Cougar Greathouse

7/9 att/comp
181 yards
2 TDs

My passing improved a lot once I started using the RT stick to change receivers more frequently instead of sitting back, staring at one guy. Focus also helps a lot with accuracy.

# 137 NoDakHusker @ 05/21/10 12:19 PM
Final part, just messing around in tackle alley and wrapping up my impressions of the game. Very satisfied with what I have seen so far

# 138 SouthernBrick @ 05/21/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Couple of very quick impressions as I really didn't get to spend much time with the game.

Still not feeling the camera angle. Maybe it will grow on me, but I really am not enjoying it.

Animations are fabulous. So varied, makes the game feel very organic.

Still HATE the QB drop and throw animations and really don't like the kick/punt animations either. They just don't look right. Not a deal breaker, but an annoyance I guess.

Graphically the game looks amazing, imo.

Very satisfying dropping the hammer on someone. I actually like the auto-replays I think they are well done.

Ratings really seem to matter. I like that.

Not a fan of the passing mechanic yet. Again, like the camera angle maybe it will grow on me, but right now not liking it.

Still really dislike the player models. I know it's petty but they are just so oversized they make the players feel stiff at times. Just not a fan

Overall I would say my impressions are favorable, and with more time with the game, could be even more favorable. This weekend I will try to get some quality time with the demo.
I'm actually diggin' the camera angle. It definitely makes you second guess who is behind or around you. I still haven't learned my lessons (i.e. to much show boating lol). As of right now though I completely suck and I love the scheme but, this will take some getting used to. I sucked really bad at madden when I first started playing but, I got the hang of it and I'm sure I will with this one.

The player models imo look better than I expected them to be but, they are still kinda to big for my tastes but, I really believe at this point it's just the pads. I can't say enough about pursuit angles in this game and the animations and fluidity is second to none in the football genre. The runner also gets a low on really hard juke cuts when changing completely different direction. I can't complain about the graphics and I agree with you on the kick returns.

Overall though this game is fun so far so this may be a 1st day purchase once I make my decision and if I'm not to busy that day. Do I think this has revolutionized sports gaming as we know it? I'm not so sure and as of right now pretty doubtful IMO but, euphoria+football=EPIC!!

Realist football physics EVAR!

I don't think the tackling will ever get old.

# 139 Triathlete_201 @ 05/21/10 12:28 PM
Anyone else seeing way too many roughing the punter and qb penalties? I had 3 roughing the punter penalties in a row and I wasn't controlling the player.

# 140 NoDakHusker @ 05/21/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
Anyone else seeing way too many roughing the punter and qb penalties? I had 3 roughing the punter penalties in a row and I wasn't controlling the player.
I've heard about this but haven't had a single penalty in probably 5 games I've played now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.