Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Gus Johnson Headlines All-New Audio Presentation in Madden NFL 11

The third installment of the Madden NFL 11 Developer Video Series, is now available. Sit down with senior producer Phil Frazier, creative director Ian Cummings, art director Mike Young, and senior product manager Anthony Stevenson for an exclusive look at how Madden NFL 11 provides a new level of excitement with completely revamped audio presentation, from the booth to the field. See it, hear it, feel it in Madden NFL 11.

Gus Johnson, one of the most electrifying commentators in sports injects his unique energy into the play-by-play call. Well known for his excitable calls during NFL, NCAA college basketball, MMA broadcasts and more, Johnson now joins the 22 year legacy of the Madden NFL franchise that have included play-by-play legends like Pat Summerall, Al Michaels, and Tom Hammond. Cris Collinsworth returns to the two man booth to provide his Emmy winning analysis.

Taking you inside the stadium, Madden NFL 11 recreates the authentic sounds of game day with team specific chants and fight songs, as well as music that you hear each Sunday. Get ready for kickoff with “Crazy Train”, celebrate a touchdown with “Rock and Roll Part Two”, or get fired up for a big defensive stop with “Thunderstruck” and many more – Madden NFL 11 features some of the most recognized stadium tracks in sports.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ch46647 @ 05/21/10 11:46 AM
Video is not showing up for me Steve? Is anyone else having this problem?

I am very interested to how the crowd reacts to what is going on, on the field. If you guys can see the video can someone please tell me how it is? (I am not talking about crowd chants, I am referring to the crowd cheering at appropriate times. Big play, 3rd down, TD, interception etc)

# 2 ScoobySnax @ 05/21/10 11:50 AM
Really excited to see they've incorporated storylines. Gus and Collinsworth should be a treat as well.

# 3 djordan @ 05/21/10 11:52 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was one of the aspects Madden was lacking in previous years which made the game boring. Glad they improved the audio for Madden 11 GREATLY!!!!

# 4 jethrobag @ 05/21/10 11:54 AM
This is awesome! I am a die hard packer fan, and I hate the metrodome and damn horn, but I loved hearing it in the clip! I hope start me up by the stones is in there, as well as bang the gong!

# 5 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/21/10 11:57 AM
Alot more talking to Dev. Team then anything. But overall it looks nice. The teams getting off the bus screen along with the Holiday screen aswell. I love it. The real staduim music in the game this year to make it feel more real. I love it. Can't wait until E3 gets here so we can get full videos of gameplay and presention. It's going to be a long 3 weeks. Thanks alot Steveo.

# 6 Step2001 @ 05/21/10 12:04 PM
Sounds and looks good.....

# 7 lgxjames @ 05/21/10 12:10 PM
I was feeling everything they talked about here, Tho I do wonder how the "storyline" commentary is affected by draft classes

# 8 Papi34 @ 05/21/10 12:20 PM
Licensed tracks for the stadiums? SCORE!

This and the Gus Johnson confirmation have FINALLY got me excited about this game. Personally, though obviously not perfect, I really liked Madden 10, so the upgraded presentation aspects alone mean I'm in.

# 9 SteelerSpartan @ 05/21/10 12:20 PM
Loved the Health Miller part.....hope they got the "Here We go Steelers..Here We go!!" in there as well

# 10 raguel @ 05/21/10 12:21 PM
IIRC Madden 10 has the Bucs Pirate ship in the game, but it doesn't fire when the team is scores/is in the red zone. I wonder if it will be in Madden 11.

It certainly sounds like they are expanding on the presentation this year. Hopefully it will match... expectations

# 11 RGiles36 @ 05/21/10 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Alot more talking to Dev. Team then anything. But overall it looks nice. The teams getting off the bus screen along with the Holiday screen aswell. I love it. The real staduim music in the game this year to make it feel more real. I love it. Can't wait until E3 gets here so we can get full videos of gameplay and presention. It's going to be a long 3 weeks. Thanks alot Steveo.
If you say one more darn thing about E3...good grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Now is it 900 different storylines with the two QBs or is it 900 and a majority is the QB comparisons?
I think it's the latter but don't quote me...

# 12 Smoke316 @ 05/21/10 12:26 PM
Sounds real good.. cant wait!

# 13 STLRams @ 05/21/10 12:27 PM
Well it seems like the audio presentation will be there this time in Madden11. Now Im anxious for a Video presentation blog. Will we finally get better replays, camera angels, The Bucs Pirate ship firing during touchdowns? Also a better Extra Point Show showing much improved highlights during the game and games going on around the league, ala NFL2K5. This with a improved halftime show, showing highlights video of the first half of the game from different camera angles and play by play commentary breaking down the action is a must for Madden11.

# 14 TreyIM2 @ 05/21/10 12:34 PM
Awww, junk! I likee, likee, likee. It's coming together real nice. I'm getting re-amped for this game.

# 15 TreyIM2 @ 05/21/10 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
IIRC Madden 10 has the Bucs Pirate ship in the game, but it doesn't fire when the team is scores/is in the red zone. I wonder if it will be in Madden 11.

It certainly sounds like they are expanding on the presentation this year. Hopefully it will match... expectations
It doesn't still do that? Didn't it use to when they scored? Hmm, gotta play against the Bucs in TB and let them score, later today.

# 16 TreyIM2 @ 05/21/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Well it seems like the audio presentation will be there this time in Madden11. Now Im anxious for a Video presentation blog. Will we finally get better replays, camera angels, The Bucs Pirate ship firing during touchdowns? Also a better Extra Point Show showing much improved highlights during the game and games going on around the league, ala NFL2K5. This with a improved halftime show, showing highlights video of the first half of the game from different camera angles and play by play commentary breaking down the action is a must for Madden11.
Yea, I'm a bit eager to see what the visual presentation vid will bring, myself.

# 17 drterb @ 05/21/10 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
This is awesome! I am a die hard packer fan, and I hate the metrodome and damn horn, but I loved hearing it in the clip! I hope start me up by the stones is in there, as well as bang the gong!
Stones would be nice, but Bang on the Drum All Day would be better!! I think you meant Bang on the Drum instead of Bang a Gong since I don't recall ever hearing Bang a Gong at Lambeau.

This will drive Vikings & Bears fans nuts when they have to play in Lambeau!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

# 18 CreatineKasey @ 05/21/10 12:40 PM
This is good. Might be the first time I ever actually leave the in-game sounds on (I still doubt it ). I generally mute my game and listen to talk radio/music.

# 19 mm boost @ 05/21/10 12:41 PM
God damn. I am sitting here at work jumping up and down like a school girl, that **** looked UNBELIEVABLE! The cut scenes on the sideline in the snow showing the players breathing and interacting, god that was gorgeous. The crazy train playing was badass as well. I am so freaking pumped I can't stand it. 2010 is every football gamer's dream year! Backbreaker, NCAA 11 and Madden 11 all with outstanding improvements. Yes sir!!!

# 20 johnnyg713 @ 05/21/10 12:41 PM
I know that footage in the back is old but the game just looks robotic still even with the locomotion. It just doesnt look like the players move naturally. However presentation-wise this game is turning out to be great!

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.