Home
MLB 10 News Post

We have recently released a Game update for MLB ’10 The Show (5-21-10). This patch resolves a handful of issues. In addition to correcting some items, which may or may not be noticeable. We’ve also taken the opportunity to include some enhancements to the in-game experience. Listed below are the fixes in the update.

- Addressed 3rd out run scoring issue introduced in patch 3
- Addressed lock in Tropicana Field when pressing Select to view Pitcher/Batter Status window.
- Fixed issue with trade offers not being saved properly and being lost when the saved file was loaded.
- Added batting stance animations for Ryan Braun, Carlos Gomez, Gabe Gross, Matt Joyce, Kevin Kouzmanoff
- Fixed issue on Make Trade screen with multiple user teams, preventing user from incrementing and decrementing the viewed organization making trades with other teams impossible at times.
- Fixed issue in Franchise when injuries are set to auto. MLB Injuries notifications were not being dispatched.
- Fixed issue with any user song over 244 warping around and play a different user song whether you save/restore or not.
- Fixed RTTS issue, where classic baserunning sometimes ran after arriving safely at a base, if held down the R1 button till slide started.
- Fixed issue with bounced pitch with 3-2 count, if fielded instantly off the bounce by the catcher, was calling an error on the catcher.
- Fixed Game Intro with incorrect records for teams in post-season.
- Fixed pitcher potentials in season and franchise modes.
- Don't allow a renewable or arbitration eligible player to accept a contract unless he's really interested in it.
- Fixed Newspaper information in Online League office. Correct scores, winner/loser, etc.
- Intentional walk Online gameplay issue addressed.
- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.
- Minnesota day and night, backstop changed to Limestone
- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.
- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).
- Fixed issues with attendance.
- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.
- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.
- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.
- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on.
- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.
- Sounds of the show fix, for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.
- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.
- Fixed issue causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.
- Fixed bug causing trades to not be accepted during spring training.
- Create a player using these stances/deliveries: Stances: Bay Jason, Barmes Clint, Barton Daric, Fukudome Kosuke, Kemp Matt, Longoria Evan Pitch Deliveries: Kuroda Hiroki, Lilly Ted
- Fixed Hard drive game data space and messages.
- Road to the Show Presentation Mode settings are now saved after rebooting the game.
- Fixed Road to the Show issue when on the Game Stats screen after skipping training then playing a game.
- Fixed issue in Franchise Mode and controlling of 30 teams and releasing a lot of players.
- Fixed issue when selecting "Movie Maker" with 10 replays for a movie when 11 are present.
- Fixed ball deflection sounds off players.
- Fixed issue with Pitcher batter status window.
- Fixed issues with injuries during online games.
- Fixed fielding issue with catcher overthrowing to first base on a dropped third strike.
- Fixed fielding issue with the ball in the dirt right at the feet of the user catcher.
- Fixed an issue when Playing a tiebreaker game.
- Fixed MOM bug where batter bunts every time you select hit-and-run
-Fixed HR not being called in Pologrounds when the ball is hit off the foul poll
-Fixed issue in Franchise mode where renewable or arbitration eligible player would accept any offer
-Fixed bug in online where mischief values would cause some users Sportsmanship rating to drop to 0
-Fixed Brandon Wood (Angels) having Nick Adenharts head and vice verse
-Fixed Clayton Mortensen's face
-Fixed the MLB.com ticker in-game.
- Online addition of Game History option in user list options. Can be found in Leaderboards, League Lobby, Buddy List and Schedule screens.

Online Leagues
-Games that diverge (drop, disconnect etc..) will now be thrown away. (This is a stop gap measure for MLB '10. In MLB '11 we will allow commissioners the ability to reset games that diverge.)
- Online League issues addressed: standings, injuries, free agents, schedule, lineup, pitcher rotation, team management.

As always, thank you for your support and patience. Enjoy the season!

- MLB The Show Dev Team

P.S. This is the last game update for MLB 10 as we turn our attention 100% towards development of MLB '11.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jakroeger @ 05/22/10 11:53 AM
Braves Fan -

Are you using 30 team control and/or Knights roster?

And anyone else that is having the same freezing issues...

# 82 SidVish @ 05/22/10 11:54 AM
Quick turnaround Russ. Thanks to you and SCEA. You guys are top notch.

# 83 Braves Fan @ 05/22/10 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakroeger
Braves Fan -

Are you using 30 team control and/or Knights roster?

And anyone else that is having the same freezing issues...
I'm using 30 team roster control and Knight's original roster set. I haven't updated the rosters since they first came out.

I feel for you man, hope you get this worked out but I don't think it's patch related.

# 84 jakroeger @ 05/22/10 12:14 PM
Thanks bud.

I am just going to "finesse" it through the offseason.. Advance a day or two and if I can get it to NOT freeze, I'll save and just keep plodding away that way.. Thanks again.

# 85 Vince Carter II @ 05/22/10 12:22 PM
im srry if this isnt answered yet so the lineup issue after spring traning and roster has it been fixed???

# 86 HustlinOwl @ 05/22/10 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Carter II
im srry if this isnt answered yet so the lineup issue after spring traning and roster has it been fixed???
again this is not a bug, 40 man rosters are in spring and before you end spring you must cut down to 25 men

# 87 gubunko @ 05/22/10 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Carter II
It has not been fixed because it is not a bug. The game's roster logic takes into account stats rather than player's name and fills out the lineup accordingly. 30 team control and turning injuries to OFF in ST are ways around this if you want lineups to stick. You can always go through and change them to your liking yourself.

EDIT: And the paring down of the 40-man to the 25-man roster like Owl said.

# 88 Vince Carter II @ 05/22/10 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
again this is not a bug, 40 man rosters are in spring and before you end spring you must cut down to 25 men
i can do this with just controlling my own team right?

# 89 Braves Fan @ 05/22/10 12:41 PM
Jimmy Rollins batted 5th the other night, I've gotten to the point where I wonder if we obsess too much over lineups. I just decided to put everything back on auto and if I see something really crazy I'll step in but otherwise I'm just going to worry about my own team.

# 90 HokieB @ 05/22/10 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
If you have 30 team control with lineups set the Manual and the CPU is STILL reordering all the lineups, then I think it should be considered a bug and wish it had been addressed.

I know people are perfectly content with the CPU batting Jayson Werth 8th and putting Derek Jeter in CF, etc. etc. etc. But that's the way the CPU's logic is programmed and who am I to question it. But if I set lineups to Manual, isn't it reasonable to expect the lineups to remain unchanged? (I know about the whole 40-man to 25-man roster issue, but does that justify overriding your settings?)

I compare it to trades. Sure, the CPU can trade Pujols for some AA nobody, and that's not a bug because of the CPU's logic. But if I set trades to Manual and Pujols is STILL traded for some AA nobody, then that would be a bug, no?

# 91 Braves Fan @ 05/22/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Two things. You can control all lineups in this game, BUT, it will sub out players (regardless of how you set the lineups) who are tired and you might not be totally happy with how it does it, but that might be what you are seeing. Personally I'm happy that I can control all the lineups AND see the AI still sub out players when I play other teams.
No what I was saying was Rollins batted 5th the other night in real life. Mangers change lineups around all the time. Heyward is batting 2nd now, if it happened in the game people probably would freak out.

I've been guilty of it too but it's not as if a manager in real life pencils the same lineup in every day. They move players around all the time.

What I generally will do is use another controller to set lineups if it's too ridiculous but I'm going to allow for some movement by the CPU. It's their team and they should manage it how they see fit. I won't allow Jeter to play CF though or Hart to come in and catch (I saw the CPU do this the other day)

# 92 tabarnes19_SDS @ 05/22/10 01:23 PM
I have been trying to trigger this "freeze on roster management" and cannot do it. I have tried in season, offseason, simming one day at a time, week at a time, month, randomly jumping to roster management, sorting players, you name it I have tried it.....ZILCH. Is there something that people have done that has triggered it, because I don't see it?

I have a slim PS3 and used latest live roster. I think this could be a random thing, internet connection down(which has caused a freeze for me before) or something other than a bug.

On another note, I am very happy the way they have tweaked the renewal and arbitration. Beckam was offered 7 years 23 million with only 1 year service time. He never accepted and was renewed for 700K.

# 93 hfxrine19 @ 05/22/10 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I have been trying to trigger this "freeze on roster management" and cannot do it. I have tried in season, offseason, simming one day at a time, week at a time, month, randomly jumping to roster management, sorting players, you name it I have tried it.....ZILCH. Is there something that people have done that has triggered it, because I don't see it?

I have a slim PS3 and used latest live roster. I think this could be a random thing, internet connection down(which has caused a freeze for me before) or something other than a bug.

On another note, I am very happy the way they have tweaked the renewal and arbitration. Beckam was offered 7 years 23 million with only 1 year service time. He never accepted and was renewed for 700K.
Are you suggesting we may not need to control every teams off-season signings in terms of their younger players?

# 94 bcruise @ 05/22/10 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
This is a problem we spotted on release day, and it was easily fixed, but I'm not totally sure how we did it. Can't remember. Either Jeter mistakenly had CF as one of his backup positions on his player card (which you would fix in the player editor screen), OR you simply needed to go to the FIELDING POSITION screen for the Yanks and manually fix it, but guys fixed this early on so that it wouldn't happen.
I thought that Jeter at CF, Granderson @ 2nd, and catchers all over the place was simply due to lineup errors in the first live roster - I haven't seen that happen at all since the 2nd live roster...

# 95 tabarnes19_SDS @ 05/22/10 01:38 PM
As far as controlling offseason....If you use a current roster based off the current live, then no you would not. All roster's based on older versions have too many A potential players requiring the user to control spending.

# 96 mets718 @ 05/22/10 02:42 PM
- Fixed issue in Franchise Mode and controlling of 30 teams and releasing a lot of players.

What does that mean?? Does that fix the issue about many all stars being released like 3 years in the a franchise?

# 97 wcrickards @ 05/22/10 05:30 PM
I have run into a problem since I've downloaded the patch -- on two occasions, I've had the game freeze as I was exiting the bullpen screen. I never had this issue before until I downloaded the patch. Not sure what causes it. Hope it can get fixed.

# 98 Russell_SCEA @ 05/22/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8rockerasu
I still haven't downloaded the patch yet, but since the freezing seems to be fairly isolated, I gave my league the ok to download it, and I'll do so myself later today. What I have noticed however is that theshowcommunity webpage for my league still shows the wrong standings. Not a single game has been recorded since we had to replace one guy in the league.

I'm not sure what SCEA thinks they fixed with online leagues, but they gave a big list of things as though leagues were taken care of, but yet I'm still seeing this. Games that were played 3 weeks ago are not being reflected in the standings. We can only hope that the games are actually registering since the game isn't asking me to resolve them. But it feels like quite a big leap of faith. If we get to the end of the season and can't advance to the playoffs, heads will roll. I love my offline play as much as the next guy, but online play is still a HUGE selling point for this game. If they can't do it right, I'd rather have it taken out of MLB 11 completely and have them charge $10 less. Online play has always been a miserable experience with this series. They need to learn to cut their losses.

The league fixes are not retroactive you have to start over to take advantage of them.

# 99 HokieB @ 05/22/10 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Jimmy Rollins batted 5th the other night, I've gotten to the point where I wonder if we obsess too much over lineups. I just decided to put everything back on auto and if I see something really crazy I'll step in but otherwise I'm just going to worry about my own team.
Yeah, I actually drove up to Philly on Wednesday to catch the Cubs-Phillies game and Rollins was batting 6th and Victorino leadoff, which is exactly how the game has it. Now, this is because Rollins just came off the DL and is still nursing his calf, but Victorino has had success at leadoff so it will be interesting to see what happens.

So anyway, I had the same thought you had - that I've been too obsessed with it and the Phillies real-life lineup is proof that the CPU logic is sound. So I started a new dynasty to see how bad the lineups are again.... and MAN they're bad. But I'm getting really tired of managing everyone's lineups, so I may just need to stop being so anal and just play the damn game

By the way, let us know how it works out for you. I'd be interested to read the opinion of someone else who's been sweating the lineups.

# 100 HustlinOwl @ 05/22/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8rockerasu
Wow...my guys aren't going to be happy about that one. Glad we wasted 2 months. No offense to you Russell, but that portion of the game was completely botched this year (for something that was supposed to be "the focus"). That kind of stuff makes the game not worth $60. "Much Cooler This Year" it was not...
havent played online in 2 years and I would still pay $60 plus tax for this game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.