Home
MLB 10 News Post

We have recently released a Game update for MLB ’10 The Show (5-21-10). This patch resolves a handful of issues. In addition to correcting some items, which may or may not be noticeable. We’ve also taken the opportunity to include some enhancements to the in-game experience. Listed below are the fixes in the update.

- Addressed 3rd out run scoring issue introduced in patch 3
- Addressed lock in Tropicana Field when pressing Select to view Pitcher/Batter Status window.
- Fixed issue with trade offers not being saved properly and being lost when the saved file was loaded.
- Added batting stance animations for Ryan Braun, Carlos Gomez, Gabe Gross, Matt Joyce, Kevin Kouzmanoff
- Fixed issue on Make Trade screen with multiple user teams, preventing user from incrementing and decrementing the viewed organization making trades with other teams impossible at times.
- Fixed issue in Franchise when injuries are set to auto. MLB Injuries notifications were not being dispatched.
- Fixed issue with any user song over 244 warping around and play a different user song whether you save/restore or not.
- Fixed RTTS issue, where classic baserunning sometimes ran after arriving safely at a base, if held down the R1 button till slide started.
- Fixed issue with bounced pitch with 3-2 count, if fielded instantly off the bounce by the catcher, was calling an error on the catcher.
- Fixed Game Intro with incorrect records for teams in post-season.
- Fixed pitcher potentials in season and franchise modes.
- Don't allow a renewable or arbitration eligible player to accept a contract unless he's really interested in it.
- Fixed Newspaper information in Online League office. Correct scores, winner/loser, etc.
- Intentional walk Online gameplay issue addressed.
- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.
- Minnesota day and night, backstop changed to Limestone
- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.
- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).
- Fixed issues with attendance.
- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.
- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.
- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.
- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on.
- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.
- Sounds of the show fix, for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.
- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.
- Fixed issue causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.
- Fixed bug causing trades to not be accepted during spring training.
- Create a player using these stances/deliveries: Stances: Bay Jason, Barmes Clint, Barton Daric, Fukudome Kosuke, Kemp Matt, Longoria Evan Pitch Deliveries: Kuroda Hiroki, Lilly Ted
- Fixed Hard drive game data space and messages.
- Road to the Show Presentation Mode settings are now saved after rebooting the game.
- Fixed Road to the Show issue when on the Game Stats screen after skipping training then playing a game.
- Fixed issue in Franchise Mode and controlling of 30 teams and releasing a lot of players.
- Fixed issue when selecting "Movie Maker" with 10 replays for a movie when 11 are present.
- Fixed ball deflection sounds off players.
- Fixed issue with Pitcher batter status window.
- Fixed issues with injuries during online games.
- Fixed fielding issue with catcher overthrowing to first base on a dropped third strike.
- Fixed fielding issue with the ball in the dirt right at the feet of the user catcher.
- Fixed an issue when Playing a tiebreaker game.
- Fixed MOM bug where batter bunts every time you select hit-and-run
-Fixed HR not being called in Pologrounds when the ball is hit off the foul poll
-Fixed issue in Franchise mode where renewable or arbitration eligible player would accept any offer
-Fixed bug in online where mischief values would cause some users Sportsmanship rating to drop to 0
-Fixed Brandon Wood (Angels) having Nick Adenharts head and vice verse
-Fixed Clayton Mortensen's face
-Fixed the MLB.com ticker in-game.
- Online addition of Game History option in user list options. Can be found in Leaderboards, League Lobby, Buddy List and Schedule screens.

Online Leagues
-Games that diverge (drop, disconnect etc..) will now be thrown away. (This is a stop gap measure for MLB '10. In MLB '11 we will allow commissioners the ability to reset games that diverge.)
- Online League issues addressed: standings, injuries, free agents, schedule, lineup, pitcher rotation, team management.

As always, thank you for your support and patience. Enjoy the season!

- MLB The Show Dev Team

P.S. This is the last game update for MLB 10 as we turn our attention 100% towards development of MLB '11.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 tessl @ 05/22/10 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
As far as controlling offseason....If you use a current roster based off the current live, then no you would not. All roster's based on older versions have too many A potential players requiring the user to control spending.
Exactly what roster will that be if I try to download it?

# 102 Braves Fan @ 05/22/10 07:03 PM
I don't play online either and could care less if they have it in there or not, the game is worth $60 regardless. I'd rather them take it out and spend more time on franchise mode to be honest with you but I understand people like it. They have taken time to fix the issues, so you have to start over? Start over if you want online play so bad. I know if I had to start over I would, even if it was a bit of an annoyance. It's better to have it fixed than not right? I don't see why you have to lash out at the people at SECA when they have worked hard to try and fix the issues that are upsetting you.

# 103 Braves Fan @ 05/22/10 07:27 PM
Could it be it took a lot of hard work to get it fixed and it wasn't an easy fix? Don't you think if they could have fixed it sooner they would have? Look at how quickly they fixed the runner scoring from 3rd with 2 out bug, what was it two days? They fix what they can as quick as they can.

I'm not a SECA apologist, I enjoy their game and I know how hard they work. If they could have fixed it sooner they would have.

# 104 kehlis @ 05/22/10 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
I don't play online either and could care less if they have it in there or not, the game is worth $60 regardless. I'd rather them take it out and spend more time on franchise mode to be honest with you but I understand people like it. They have taken time to fix the issues, so you have to start over? Start over if you want online play so bad. I know if I had to start over I would, even if it was a bit of an annoyance. It's better to have it fixed than not right? I don't see why you have to lash out at the people at SECA when they have worked hard to try and fix the issues that are upsetting you.
The biggest problem on any message board is people who either pretend to not see or can't see something from anyone else's perspective. What I have bolded is a prime example.

For you and I, the game is worth $60+ as primarily offline players. But if a game mode doesn't work as anticipated, and it is the only game mode that individual uses, that could pose a problem him/her. Just imagine if offline franchise had an aspect that you found to be a big problem and made the game unplayable for you.

Would you not be upset or saying the same thing?

I never saw him bash the threads and in fact thought his posts were more mature than most people who come here complaining but you have to understand why he is upset.

I haven't followed online and I don't know what the issue is with it or how unplayable it makes it, but that isn't the point anyway. The point is if it is unsatisfactory to him does he not have a right to voice his opinion constructively?

# 105 Chef Matt @ 05/22/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Could it be it took a lot of hard work to get it fixed and it wasn't an easy fix? Don't you think if they could have fixed it sooner they would have? Look at how quickly they fixed the runner scoring from 3rd with 2 out bug, what was it two days? They fix what they can as quick as they can.

I'm not a SECA apologist, I enjoy their game and I know how hard they work. If they could have fixed it sooner they would have.
My guess is they had it fixed much faster then that but had to wait for Sony to approve the release.

# 106 Braves Fan @ 05/22/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The biggest problem on any message board is people who either pretend to not see or can't see something from anyone else's perspective. What I have bolded is a prime example.

For you and I, the game is worth $60+ as primarily offline players. But if a game mode doesn't work as anticipated, and it is the only game mode that individual uses, that could pose a problem him/her. Just imagine if offline franchise had an aspect that you found to be a big problem and made the game unplayable for you.

Would you not be upset or saying the same thing?

I never saw him bash the threads and in fact thought his posts were more mature than most people who come here complaining but you have to understand why he is upset.

I haven't followed online and I don't know what the issue is with it or how unplayable it makes it, but that isn't the point anyway. The point is if it is unsatisfactory to him does he not have a right to voice his opinion constructively?
I understand that and I'm perfectly ok with people enjoying online play, it's just not for me. I have no problem with people being upset with that part of the game if it's something they paid their money to have.

My problem is them accusing them of wasting his time when they worked hard to fix the issues. That's the whole point I'm trying to make, they fixed the issues he's complaining about. It's not like it wasn't addressed, it just wasn't addressed as quickly as he would like.

If you want to compare it to something that bothered me. I thought the catcher receiving an error on a pitch in the dirt was a terrible bug to have. I tried to overlook it but every time it happened it was frustrating. The runner scoring from 3rd with 2 out was also something I couldn't deal with, those were two very big bugs in franchise mode. If I would have had to start my franchise mode over I would have. I wouldn't be sitting here telling Russell he wasted my time.

I wish the game was perfect out of the box but it's not, they worked hard to fix it and I personally feel they should be shown more respect than to say "you wasted my time"

# 107 coreyhartsdaughter @ 05/22/10 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
If you have 30 team control with lineups set the Manual and the CPU is STILL reordering all the lineups, then I think it should be considered a bug and wish it had been addressed.
AI using statistical analysis to complete an algorithm is not a bug. Do you think the AI goes, "oh, it's THAT Jimmy Rollins", I'll overide the algorithm that would otherwise dictate based on ratings this player bat 5th..."

Think about franchise year 2017 with many generated players in the league with names that are irrelevant to you or I. Is the AI suppose to have some checksum that recognizes names to reorder rosters?

# 108 show stopper @ 05/22/10 08:02 PM
i have the slim 120gb. i have had this happen on show 09 and 08 i believe.

# 109 Chef Matt @ 05/22/10 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
AI using statistical analysis to complete an algorithm is not a bug. Do you think the AI goes, "oh, it's THAT Jimmy Rollins", I'll overide the algorithm that would otherwise dictate based on ratings this player bat 5th..."

Think about franchise year 2017 with many generated players in the league with names that are irrelevant to you or I. Is the AI suppose to have some checksum that recognizes names to reorder rosters?
Nicely said there. If the cpu didn't follow the requisite designed then lineups down the line (2017 in this example) would be reeeeaalllly screwy.

# 110 BobSacamano @ 05/22/10 08:08 PM
Quote:

This horse has been beaten severely, but you're right that there is an algorithm, and the algorithm is definitely necessary. The problem is either that the algorithm kinda stinks or the player ratings stinks. The Marcus Thames example is the most glaring, and it's clear what happens: A-Rod is the best hitter so he hits 3rd. Nick Johnson is the high OBP guy so he hits 2nd. Thames apparently has more power than Teixeira so he hits 4th. Teixeira is the next best hitter so he hits 5th. And so on...

So anyways, it looks like either the algorithm is just too simplistic (the game should realize that Teixeira is a far superior hitter than Thames, which shouldn't be too difficult because the game rates him that way) or maybe should somehow incorporate stats rather than simply ratings (I see guys hitting .330 with 20 HR batting 8th all the time) or Marcus Thames' ratings (and the rest of the Marcus Thames throughout the league) need a severe tweaking.

# 111 y2lukin @ 05/22/10 08:39 PM
Anyone else having strange substitutions now? Maybe it existed as a bug before the patch but I didn't notice. I had the Angels put in Kendrick as catcher and Overbay at 2nd base in my first game after the most recent patch. Also, couldn't take my pitcher out of the game for some reason.

# 112 HokieB @ 05/22/10 09:06 PM
Quote:

I get that. I said that the computer's logic (algorithm, whatever) is not a bug. People keep defending this brilliant algorithm as if no baseball video game has ever been able to generate realistic lineups for CPU teams. But yes, I agree, you can't consider it a bug.

What IS a bug is the fact that if I set lineups to MANUAL, the computer still rearranges them however it wants after you advance from Spring Training into the Regular Season. I know there is a workaround, but it's a pain in the arse.

Folks who have been making these great rosters take the time to make lineups accurate to real life, which is something I'd like to carry into my franchise, even if it means having to adjust the lineups myself due to injuries and whatnot for all 30 teams. So, again, with lineups set to manual for all 30 teams, does it make sense for the CPU to switch everything up after Spring Training?

But if people want to continue to argue that the CPU overwriting Manual settings isn't a bug, that's fine. I disagree.

# 113 BlingBling19 @ 05/22/10 11:46 PM
What was wrong with attendance? More fans in the stands than what the actual attendance listed before the game is?

It always appeared even where there were say 19,000 fans in the stadium all stadiums still looked really full.

# 114 thdudeabides @ 05/23/10 12:30 AM
Manage Roster Screen freeze is definately an issue, at least for me, After the season when entering the Manage Roster Screen after downloading the latest patch, my game freezes every time.

# 115 NAFBUC @ 05/23/10 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
It's not a bug. It's designed that way. Think ten years down in a franchise (I don't as I only play one season). The AI has to have a way to figure these things out (take the names of the players out of it). I wish they'd stick, but I understand why they need an auto fix. If it doesn't auto fix right after spring training then how does it "fix" the rosters in future seasons?

The fix has been mentioned that we have an option to SKIP, OR SIM spring training next year. Skipping it would start us right off with the season with the opening day 25 men.
+1

# 116 manny2k8 @ 05/23/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The response to this problem is truly impressive. I believe that SCEA have created the most authentic simulation of a sport that I've ever seen, and they seem to care more deeply about their product than any company/development team whose products I've bought.
I second that!!!

Best company bar none in terms of customer care/service.

Cheers

# 117 BlingBling19 @ 05/23/10 12:40 PM
What was wrong with attendance? I did notice though that whenever there was say 20,000 fans in the stadium it appeared there were far more and most stadiums looked almost full.

Perhaps they fixed that and now 10 to 20,000 fans actually look like a half empty ball park.

# 118 manny2k8 @ 05/23/10 12:42 PM
I saw the question asked early on in this thread but no one replied that I've seen so far.

Do you need to restart RTTS after the latest update? I saw that it's ok to keep your franchise going but no confirmation on this one.

I'd also again like to thank SCEA for the best surprise after not playing MLB since Red Dead's release and having another update to beautify this game even more!

cheers

# 119 evilc08 @ 05/23/10 02:47 PM
Question for people who have the manage roster freeze.

Just wondering what system you have. Is this a slim vs old style version issue?

Bought mine back in 2007. Still on patch 2. Rather give up online since the leagues seem the same as before.

# 120 thdudeabides @ 05/23/10 03:13 PM
Older version

OS Full Minor Rosters

For me it happens every time I attempt to access the Roster.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.