Home
MLB 10 News Post

We have recently released a Game update for MLB ’10 The Show (5-21-10). This patch resolves a handful of issues. In addition to correcting some items, which may or may not be noticeable. We’ve also taken the opportunity to include some enhancements to the in-game experience. Listed below are the fixes in the update.

- Addressed 3rd out run scoring issue introduced in patch 3
- Addressed lock in Tropicana Field when pressing Select to view Pitcher/Batter Status window.
- Fixed issue with trade offers not being saved properly and being lost when the saved file was loaded.
- Added batting stance animations for Ryan Braun, Carlos Gomez, Gabe Gross, Matt Joyce, Kevin Kouzmanoff
- Fixed issue on Make Trade screen with multiple user teams, preventing user from incrementing and decrementing the viewed organization making trades with other teams impossible at times.
- Fixed issue in Franchise when injuries are set to auto. MLB Injuries notifications were not being dispatched.
- Fixed issue with any user song over 244 warping around and play a different user song whether you save/restore or not.
- Fixed RTTS issue, where classic baserunning sometimes ran after arriving safely at a base, if held down the R1 button till slide started.
- Fixed issue with bounced pitch with 3-2 count, if fielded instantly off the bounce by the catcher, was calling an error on the catcher.
- Fixed Game Intro with incorrect records for teams in post-season.
- Fixed pitcher potentials in season and franchise modes.
- Don't allow a renewable or arbitration eligible player to accept a contract unless he's really interested in it.
- Fixed Newspaper information in Online League office. Correct scores, winner/loser, etc.
- Intentional walk Online gameplay issue addressed.
- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.
- Minnesota day and night, backstop changed to Limestone
- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.
- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).
- Fixed issues with attendance.
- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.
- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.
- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.
- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on.
- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.
- Sounds of the show fix, for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.
- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.
- Fixed issue causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.
- Fixed bug causing trades to not be accepted during spring training.
- Create a player using these stances/deliveries: Stances: Bay Jason, Barmes Clint, Barton Daric, Fukudome Kosuke, Kemp Matt, Longoria Evan Pitch Deliveries: Kuroda Hiroki, Lilly Ted
- Fixed Hard drive game data space and messages.
- Road to the Show Presentation Mode settings are now saved after rebooting the game.
- Fixed Road to the Show issue when on the Game Stats screen after skipping training then playing a game.
- Fixed issue in Franchise Mode and controlling of 30 teams and releasing a lot of players.
- Fixed issue when selecting "Movie Maker" with 10 replays for a movie when 11 are present.
- Fixed ball deflection sounds off players.
- Fixed issue with Pitcher batter status window.
- Fixed issues with injuries during online games.
- Fixed fielding issue with catcher overthrowing to first base on a dropped third strike.
- Fixed fielding issue with the ball in the dirt right at the feet of the user catcher.
- Fixed an issue when Playing a tiebreaker game.
- Fixed MOM bug where batter bunts every time you select hit-and-run
-Fixed HR not being called in Pologrounds when the ball is hit off the foul poll
-Fixed issue in Franchise mode where renewable or arbitration eligible player would accept any offer
-Fixed bug in online where mischief values would cause some users Sportsmanship rating to drop to 0
-Fixed Brandon Wood (Angels) having Nick Adenharts head and vice verse
-Fixed Clayton Mortensen's face
-Fixed the MLB.com ticker in-game.
- Online addition of Game History option in user list options. Can be found in Leaderboards, League Lobby, Buddy List and Schedule screens.

Online Leagues
-Games that diverge (drop, disconnect etc..) will now be thrown away. (This is a stop gap measure for MLB '10. In MLB '11 we will allow commissioners the ability to reset games that diverge.)
- Online League issues addressed: standings, injuries, free agents, schedule, lineup, pitcher rotation, team management.

As always, thank you for your support and patience. Enjoy the season!

- MLB The Show Dev Team

P.S. This is the last game update for MLB 10 as we turn our attention 100% towards development of MLB '11.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 JayD @ 05/23/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
What was wrong with attendance? More fans in the stands than what the actual attendance listed before the game is?

It always appeared even where there were say 19,000 fans in the stadium all stadiums still looked really full.
Yeah what was wrong???

# 122 BlingBling19 @ 05/23/10 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Yeah what was wrong???
Hopefully somebody will have the answer to this.

# 123 DJ @ 05/23/10 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2k8
I saw the question asked early on in this thread but no one replied that I've seen so far.

Do you need to restart RTTS after the latest update? I saw that it's ok to keep your franchise going but no confirmation on this one.

I'd also again like to thank SCEA for the best surprise after not playing MLB since Red Dead's release and having another update to beautify this game even more!

cheers
I don't think you should have to.

# 124 tessl @ 05/23/10 06:23 PM
The problems with the draft prospect pool has been fixed and I suspect the budget problem was fixed along with it.

This is with either current or downloaded rosters.

Unfortunately you do have to restart the franchise for it to take effect, but that is better than the way it was before.

# 125 countryboy @ 05/23/10 06:25 PM
I don't believe you have to completely restart, just have to get to a new season. Example, once you finish year 1, the potential issue is corrected starting in year 2.

Just putting this out there for the folks who may be on the doorstep of completing their first season.

# 126 evilc08 @ 05/23/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc08
Question for people who have the manage roster freeze.

Just wondering what system you have. Is this a slim vs old style version issue?

Bought mine back in 2007. Still on patch 2. Rather give up online since the leagues seem the same as before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
Older version

OS Full Minor Rosters

For me it happens every time I attempt to access the Roster.
I have a bad feeling this will be the case will all the freezes. Older 60gb versions and other non slim owners may be out of luck on this one.

# 127 HustlinOwl @ 05/23/10 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc08
I have a bad feeling this will be the case will all the freezes. Older 60gb versions and other non slim owners may be out of luck on this one.
60gb with OS Full Minors, no freeze issues here

# 128 tgilbert03 @ 05/23/10 08:27 PM
This update screwed up my whole game. It just goes to a black screen and freezes my game right when it gets to the part with the picture of Mauer on the loading screen. I even deleted the game data and re-installed everything but it still does not work................. PISSED!

# 129 thdudeabides @ 05/23/10 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
I've got a launch PS3. No freezes.
Have you tried simming to the end of the season and seeing if the game freezes after accessing the Manage Roster Screen in the Off Season?

Thats the only place Im getting the freeze issue.

Edit: Just had the game freeze on me during the introduction to a game against Detroit, never had a freeze prior to the latest patch.

# 130 crques @ 05/23/10 10:34 PM
Anyone else seeing errors scored incorrectly since the patch? Just played my first post-patch game using the Braves and McClouth bobbled and dropped a ball hit by Doumit with 2 outs and a runner on 2nd and it wasn't scored as an error. The announcers even commented on the dropped ball referring to it as an error. In the boxscore, Doumit was credited with an RBI but wasn't given a hit. In the 5th inning, Hanson threw the ball by Prado on a pickoff attempt and it wasn't scored an error. Maybe it's coincedence, but prior to this patch, I had yet to see an error scored incorrectly. Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: Just moved on to the next game against Florida and in the 1st inning, Ramirez hit a grounder to Prado who overthrew Glaus at 1st. The play was scored as a single and Ramirez was nowhere near 1st base when the ball sailed over Glaus' head. What the heck is going on here?

# 131 grgmths1433 @ 05/24/10 12:55 AM
is it worth downloading 3.1.i dont play online.i amstraight offline gamer.thanks for the help.

# 132 DJ @ 05/24/10 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Anyone else seeing errors scored incorrectly since the patch? Just played my first post-patch game using the Braves and McClouth bobbled and dropped a ball hit by Doumit with 2 outs and a runner on 2nd and it wasn't scored as an error. The announcers even commented on the dropped ball referring to it as an error. In the boxscore, Doumit was credited with an RBI but wasn't given a hit. In the 5th inning, Hanson threw the ball by Prado on a pickoff attempt and it wasn't scored an error. Maybe it's coincedence, but prior to this patch, I had yet to see an error scored incorrectly. Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: Just moved on to the next game against Florida and in the 1st inning, Ramirez hit a grounder to Prado who overthrew Glaus at 1st. The play was scored as a single and Ramirez was nowhere near 1st base when the ball sailed over Glaus' head. What the heck is going on here?
Nope. I've had errors in my games and they have been scored as such.

# 133 Yankees_CT @ 05/24/10 08:46 AM
I am scratching my head at all of these freezes. I have a launch PS3, bought this game at it's launch and it hasn't froze once since I purchased it. I have played one full season out of franchise and just started my 2nd and still not one freeze. I am going to knock on wood right now.....must be the ol' luck of the Irish on my side.

# 134 MannybeingManny @ 05/24/10 08:51 AM
Re: Freeze when returning from bullpen (NOT Tropicana): Please help!

This has happened to me as well. Last night I was losing to the Atlanta Braves 4-2 in the bottom of the 7th. Then I hit a two out three run home run with Albert Pujols to take a 5-3 lead. I was pumped. The I immediately went to my bullpen to hit my setup man warm. Then when going back to the game is also pressed O only to have the game freeze.I had no option expect to turn the game off.
After playing almost a month with my St. Louis cards offline season I started the season over be cause it was simply just trying to find the right difficulties and slider setting. I then restarted the season and was having great results. Then however patch three was released and I had a major problem with the runner scoring from third with two outs issue. Now I have seen this post and others describing the same issue with the game freezing when attempting to return to the game from the bullpen. what do I do? once a game freezes there's nothing you can do but simply turn the system off. is this going to happen every game now? one a week? Is this because of the updated patch? I'm not going to play games into the 7th and 8th innings only to have them freeze because I need to bring in a relief pitcher.
I have been told that if I had never connected my PS3 to the Internet that none of these issues with the previous patch and now this patch issue with the game freezing would have happened? What can I do? I have also heard if I delete the game data for MLB 10 the show, download it once again, and then start another season that this shouldn't happen? If I had a PS2 that wasn't connected to the Internet these issues might not even happen? Id like to play my 162 game season for more then a month into it? what if your not connected to the internet? do you even get match updates i didnt even care about the othe issues just the freezeing issue? so I guess I have no clue what to do any advice?

# 135 Pistolero @ 05/24/10 09:44 AM
No freezes for me, DL'ed the patch last evening and played 3-4 exhibition games and 2 online games yesterday and no freezes just delays online and one lost connection. I have a phat 80GB early 2008 model.

# 136 tessl @ 05/24/10 10:39 AM
I have an older ps3 and I just simmed to the off season and got no freezes when I went to manage roster screen, using latest roster download from scea.

# 137 crques @ 05/24/10 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Nope. I've had errors in my games and they have been scored as such.
I don't really know what's going on. The next 2 games that I played correctly scored the errors. Maybe the scorekeeper was a homer in the games that I played. Hopefully I don't see many more that are scored wrong.

# 138 BlingBling19 @ 05/24/10 12:03 PM
So is it safe to use the OS full minor league rosters with the new patch?? I'd like to use them again but before downloading the new patch I deleted the roster file and have not downloaded it again.

Has anybody had problems with the roster with the new patch?? I also have like a 5 month old PS3.

# 139 Braves Fan @ 05/24/10 12:13 PM
I just don't understand why everyone's game is freezing so much. I tested it the other night and had no issues whatsoever. It's only freezed twice on me since I got the game and that was during gameplay. It's never freezed at the manage roster screen.

I don't think this can be patch related unless everyone is experiencing it.

# 140 bxgoods @ 05/24/10 12:31 PM
I had freezing issues with the mange roster screen in the offseason the first day I downloaded the patch, haven't had any freezes since thankfully.

Oh yea, thanks to SCEA for fixing the franchise issues. I thought I would have to wait till MLB 11 to play a baseball game, I'm surprise yall took the time to make 3 patches. And make sure you got it right.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.