Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 stylee @ 05/22/10 03:11 PM
The addition of blocking assignments means the game moves from being just something that vaguely looks like a football game to an emulation of what actually occurs on the field. That's pretty darn big.

Spread/option/etc was in the game last year in appearance only. There was no "option" in the triple option, no "read" in the zone read. I'd say blocking assignments are a huge step.

# 62 BLACKjersey53 @ 05/22/10 06:19 PM
nice little video of Russ and Ben. Oh, and the FEW clips of the game were good too (other than the throwing motion on the first pass)

# 63 Watson @ 05/22/10 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Looked very very good, imo.

I had some confusion on some of the option stuff.

In the Air Force play, the slotback really took a wide arc path to the safety.
In one of the Georgia Tech plays, however, the slot ran straight ahead, right into the end who was supposed to be unblocked. I'm not sure of what the scheme was, but I hope most option plays look more like the former than the latter.
Well, Air Force and Georgia Tech have different option styles. Tech plays are more meticulous, while Air Force plays are more or less touch and go. There's no need to worry about this.

# 64 MrOctober430 @ 05/22/10 07:25 PM
these guys sound like they don't know anything about football.

# 65 bo4345 @ 05/22/10 07:44 PM
Was Ben Haumiller in BeerFest? He looks like Landfill.

# 66 noplace @ 05/22/10 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
these guys sound like they don't know anything about football.
Right...Like they are just repeating things they heard on OS from us posters... They are not football guys thats obvious...

# 67 UCFTirade @ 05/23/10 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo4345
Was Ben Haumiller in BeerFest? He looks like Landfill.
Amazing

# 68 SemperVictoria @ 05/23/10 01:37 AM
Yawn. Another year another hype train--but hey, It's not like we don't know what to expect.

# 69 Valdarez @ 05/23/10 08:48 AM
Considering EA Sports football games have had the worst presentation in sports gaming for awhile now, it's a little disconcerting to see them touting their ability to get 'better camera angles' than TV Broadcast. Why not give us what we see on Saturdays first, and then try for something that's supposedly 'better'.

# 70 kbigmike2121 @ 05/23/10 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Considering EA Sports football games have had the worst presentation in sports gaming for awhile now, it's a little disconcerting to see them touting their ability to get 'better camera angles' than TV Broadcast. Why not give us what we see on Saturdays first, and then try for something that's supposedly 'better'.
agreed

# 71 its flav @ 05/23/10 09:53 AM
Anyone notice when they showed the ESPN ticker that the team names were capitalized?

You're welcome

# 72 Exonerated @ 05/23/10 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by its flav
Anyone notice when they showed the ESPN ticker that the team names were capitalized?

You're welcome
lol

# 73 Eski33 @ 05/23/10 12:03 PM
People can nit-pick games all day long. No game is perfect. What EA has done with NCAA 11 is give it new life. Yeah, throwing animations aren't great, so what? Has nothing to do with gameplay.

Overall, this franchise is getting a huge facelift. The new presentation and visuals has me pumped...Not to mention the ability to run different offenses is awesome...

# 74 str8artist @ 05/23/10 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
For me its about blurring the line of what I watch on tv and what I play. These "beyond broadcast" angles EA is doing have been done before in the PS1 era of gaming. It's not like it's something new. Then when Madden 2001 and NFL 2k1 came and started using cameras closer to the ones used on tv everyone marveled at how great the games looked because you could mistake them for actual games. IMO it's just the better way to go.

Either way with EA/Tiburon why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't they use both? IMO that would be the best way to do beyond broadcast. Have cutscenes and Pre-Post play cuts with authentic angles and mix the replays with beyond broadcast cameras. They could even give the camera angle a cool name since that seems to be EA/Tiburons thing.

As far as gameplay angles, It's not my thing to have broadcast angles on a football game, but I think they should have it for CPU VS CPU games.

# 75 huskerwr38 @ 05/23/10 01:04 PM
I don't mind the "non broadcast" angles because I see those types of angle on instant replays or highlight videos all the time. So I haven't really seen an angle where an camera can't go or hasn't been.

If you watch this vid starting at the :23 mark all the highlight clips are from the "non broadcast" point of view that remind of the replays from NCAA 11.

# 76 huskeraddict @ 05/23/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I don't mind the "non broadcast" angles because I see those types of angle on instant replays or highlight videos all the time. So I haven't really seen an angle where an camera can't go or hasn't been.

If you watch this vid starting at the :23 mark all the highlight clips are from the "non broadcast" point of view that remind of the replays from NCAA 11.

Not your post, the "highlights".

# 77 huskerwr38 @ 05/23/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskeraddict

Not your post, the "highlights".

oh yea, I suppressed that memory.

# 78 stylee @ 05/23/10 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Well, Air Force and Georgia Tech have different option styles. Tech plays are more meticulous, while Air Force plays are more or less touch and go. There's no need to worry about this.
Well, I'm not "worried", I'm just unsure of what to make of it.

I'm not an *expert* on Tech's schemes but I'm pretty knowledgeable. As far as I know, there's no tag where they run a slot into an end they're trying to read.

Maybe the AF play is from a different build, IDK.

# 79 culliver15 @ 05/24/10 07:53 PM
Need To Bring Back The Trick Plays In The Playbook (such as Reverses and etc...) Also another Feature That Really nees to be added back is when you create a player should be able to give him dreads and such PLS do this cuz just that little would bring the game back to its hype and intense play.. (shuld bring back the college football moments)! Ya'll Are Slackin"

# 80 blackscorpion11 @ 05/24/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBronco
Running game looks impossible to stop, hope you all are correct with saying it is on a lower difficulty level. Even though it has been mentioned numerous times, that throw was like watching a little girl throw a bowling ball. Talk all you want about replays and 120 ways to win, if the gameplay sucks, then all those other details wont be worth a darn

He just said it right there, Gameplay...what has changed other than locomotion? (which i still dont fully understand yet.)

They sound like an infomercial

These players look like theyre skating rather than running.

120 Ways to win is nothing more than them fixing each team to play the playbook and style they were intended to last year. Ex. Air force didnt try to beat you running last year, they would dabble in running the option until they fell behind or u stuffed it, then they would abandon it and start passing like everyone else. I really hope they fixed this as this would give each team an "individual feel".

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.