Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 patch v1.2 is now available for the PS3 and 360. No word on when the PC patch will be released. Please post your impressions here.

What's in the new patch? Check it out, right here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 rudyjuly2 @ 05/23/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
has anyone went back to default sliders after patch to see what comes of it.
I don't think you will have to change much with this patch from whatever sliders you were using pre-patch. The arms are toned down a little so you can drop base running speed one click from where you had it. I think fatigue is more pronounced so I dropped it two clicks. Pitching accuracy is definitely tougher so I dropped the cpu contact one click.

I am wondering if the pitch movement slider has a greater effect. That slider did pretty much nothing pre-patch. I've got it at 100 and I notice the fastballs being much less accurate and the two seamers really tailing away now. Some guys aren't noticing a big difference in pitch accuracy while I think it's very noticeable. I'd be curious to see where they have pitch movement at.

# 62 Wavebird99 @ 05/23/10 02:46 PM
Im glad pitching is more difficult, but I havent played a game on my sliders yet. Hopefully it doesnt mess things up to badly.

# 63 mkharsh33 @ 05/23/10 03:46 PM
I actually walked 4 guys in one inning (two intentional) and gave up 4 runs. I got a little scared, but then I didn't give up a run the final 8 innings, nor did i walk another batter.

pitching is a little harder, but it could even be a little more difficult, IMO.

These are my USER pitching sliders:

Pitch Meter Speed: 100
Pitch Speed: 65
Pitch Break Influence: 100
Pitcher Composure Influence: 100

The most important aspect of control is knowing which way a pitch will break based upon where you stop the pitch meter (either inside or outside the circle). I've noticed the pitch most affected by this is the slider, which now breaks really hard and also fastballs that no longer easily paint the corner.

# 64 nld230 @ 05/23/10 07:23 PM
Here's a new problem caused by the new patch! Welcome back to 2k9!

Created players can no longer be given signature styles as their batting stances. I gave Ryan Zimmerman's stance to a created player. In the player edit screen, that was his stance. In the "drills" mode, however, he has the standard wide/low stance.

Also, with Torri Hunter, you get the standard wide/high stance.

As far as I can tell, this only happens with created players. I changed Colby Rasmus's stance and it took.

# 65 p00p1 @ 05/23/10 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
I'm just glad 2K is doing such a good job with the rosters this year. I have no desire to mess with edited rosters at all. MLB Today is pretty much all the game I need now. I might give online another try, and see if the lag has improved.
That is until you start a franchise, then take a look at how bad the rosters get. They are all wrong immediately, even before spring training starts.

# 66 nld230 @ 05/23/10 08:28 PM
Okay, apparently this patch fixed more than what was in the notes. this is

1. weird that 2k would fix something and not tell us about it

and

2. ABSOLUTELY stupid of them not to tell their customers that they fixed big issues, especially considering their current PR problems.

The first thing they fixed that was NOT in the notes was the double switch issue. You can now leave your pinch hitter in the game, and there is an option for both "sub pitcher" and "double switch". I think they tried to sneak this one in. You could NOT do this before, but they tried to make it seem like it was there all along. Why they wouldn't at least take credit for fixing a big bug is beyond me.

Second, they fixed the issue with spring training stats. Your 2010 spring training stats were being added to the 2009 regular season. For instance, if you club 3 homers with Albert Pujols is spring training in your new franchise, he would be number one on the list for most homers with 50 in 2009. He would also be credited with about 180 games played in his player stats from 2009. this is no longer the case.

Third, there is rumor going around that generated rookies no longer cause franchise mode to freeze. I haven't confirmed this.

WHY wouldn't 2K take credit for this. Surely they couldn't have fixed this by accident.

# 67 nld230 @ 05/23/10 08:31 PM
Just to add another reason why it's weird and stupid for 2k not to include everything in their notes....

I know a LOT of people who traded in their game before the patch dropped when they saw the notes. Now it turns out that there are more fixes than they took credit for.

Their own fault. They're screwing themselves out of money.

# 68 Eddivegas @ 05/23/10 09:06 PM
for the most part, everyone seems to be concerned with some of the patches: double switches, etc. I just care about the franchise freeze up with drafted rookies. Is this fixed, or not?! If not, then there's simply no reason to play whatsoever. Someone confirm this, please.

# 69 DonkeyJote @ 05/23/10 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddivegas
for the most part, everyone seems to be concerned with some of the patches: double switches, etc. I just care about the franchise freeze up with drafted rookies. Is this fixed, or not?! If not, then there's simply no reason to play whatsoever. Someone confirm this, please.
Yes, that seems to have been fixed. However, progression is still hopelessly broken.

# 70 nyisles16 @ 05/23/10 10:56 PM
Freezing with edited rosters .. I updated the last Xbox update, and everytime I go to start a franchise and it locks up

# 71 Caventer @ 05/23/10 11:25 PM
I am not that surprised that 2K could not fix the error issue....what I am amazed about....actually stunned about is that they could completely forget to put errors into the game in the first place. It sounds like that they could not fix the issue because they could not insert animations into the game....so this wasn't some sort of AI problem, the graphics just were not there display.

ERRORS! 2k....ERRORS IN BASEBALL!! GEEZ!!!!! Errors have decided many, many, many baseball games. Just. Wow.....do yourself a favor....hire you a couple of college kids that like baseball and have them play games. ....and fire your whole QA department.

# 72 chris68pj @ 05/23/10 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caventer
I am not that surprised that 2K could not fix the error issue....what I am amazed about....actually stunned about is that they could completely forget to put errors into the game in the first place. It sounds like that they could not fix the issue because they could not insert animations into the game....so this wasn't some sort of AI problem, the graphics just were not there display.

ERRORS! 2k....ERRORS IN BASEBALL!! GEEZ!!!!! Errors have decided many, many, many baseball games. Just. Wow.....do yourself a favor....hire you a couple of college kids that like baseball and have them play games. ....and fire your whole QA department.

It's made all the more frustrating because there are errors in the game, you just hardly ever see them. I had two in one inning recently but hadn't seen any prior to that and of course none since.

# 73 nld230 @ 05/24/10 12:11 AM
Quote:

I don't think they forgot. They implemented a brand new fielding system and just didn't have time to do it. Which is still inexusable. I like MyPlayer mode, but they shouldn't have even touched that concept until they had the baseball part of the game under control.

# 74 sreha @ 05/24/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
FALSE, but injuries up to 7 or 8
the patch is out for ps3 i have it on ps3 and it a fun game

# 75 DJ @ 05/24/10 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Okay, apparently this patch fixed more than what was in the notes. this is

1. weird that 2k would fix something and not tell us about it

and

2. ABSOLUTELY stupid of them not to tell their customers that they fixed big issues, especially considering their current PR problems.

The first thing they fixed that was NOT in the notes was the double switch issue. You can now leave your pinch hitter in the game, and there is an option for both "sub pitcher" and "double switch". I think they tried to sneak this one in. You could NOT do this before, but they tried to make it seem like it was there all along. Why they wouldn't at least take credit for fixing a big bug is beyond me.

Second, they fixed the issue with spring training stats. Your 2010 spring training stats were being added to the 2009 regular season. For instance, if you club 3 homers with Albert Pujols is spring training in your new franchise, he would be number one on the list for most homers with 50 in 2009. He would also be credited with about 180 games played in his player stats from 2009. this is no longer the case.

Third, there is rumor going around that generated rookies no longer cause franchise mode to freeze. I haven't confirmed this.

WHY wouldn't 2K take credit for this. Surely they couldn't have fixed this by accident.
If someone can confirm the generated rookies no longer causing franchise mode freezes, that would be great. If that's true, I will keep the game. If not, it's getting traded in.

# 76 rudyjuly2 @ 05/24/10 07:00 AM
Quote:
Bill Buckner disagree with you.

And don't blame QA for no errors. This was a design decision and falls directly on the main guys.

# 77 DonkeyJote @ 05/24/10 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
If someone can confirm the generated rookies no longer causing franchise mode freezes, that would be great. If that's true, I will keep the game. If not, it's getting traded in.
I believe that's been fixed. I tried it and it worked, as have others. Progression is still hopelessly and terribly broken. But at least it won't freeze on you. So now instead of an unplayable franchise, now it's just an awful franchise.

# 78 stlchamp10 @ 05/24/10 10:38 AM
Haven't had a chance to try out the new patch yet, but is the generic bald headed guy still there when you call up a player or did they fix that? Thanks in advance!

# 79 tmac55 @ 05/24/10 10:57 AM
After playing a dozen games with the patch, I would like to thank 2K for tightening core gameplay. The tuning of wall catches, fielder arms and speed, pitching, and tagging logic have saved this game for me.

I am not a huge franchise guy, so I can only speak for what I play and it's nice to enjoy this game in the manner.

# 80 thornie @ 05/24/10 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
After playing a dozen games with the patch, I would like to thank 2K for tightening core gameplay. The tuning of wall catches, fielder arms and speed, pitching, and tagging logic have saved this game for me.

I am not a huge franchise guy, so I can only speak for what I play and it's nice to enjoy this game in the manner.
I agree. I noticed a HUGE difference in the core gameplay when I played my first post patch game last night. VERY happy with this patch. It made a good game better.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.