Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

According to Pastapadre, via OXM, NBA Live will be renamed NBA Elite.

Quote:
"The NBA Live name is no more. This year’s NBA title from EA Sports will be called NBA Elite 11. According to OXM (via drules2) the game will be heavy on analog controls with Skate and Fight Night the two titles garnering comparisons in that regard. I’m hoping to get some additional details soon."

Magazine image scan here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dexvex @ 05/26/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thakeaf
Did no one save the scan that Pasta Padre had to take down?
i hope cause i think it had a picture of the game too

# 22 BlueNGold @ 05/26/10 07:03 PM
Yeah....horrible choice. I know it's only a name but I love the Live name. To me it's like an EA NFL game not being named Madden, just doesn't seem right.

BTW NBA Elite is a horrible name. Sounds like an arcade game like NBA Ballers or NBA Unrivaled.

# 23 krazyboy225 @ 05/26/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazza619
Graphics looked the same if thats what you are wondering
was anything improved?

# 24 23 @ 05/26/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thakeaf
Did no one save the scan that Pasta Padre had to take down?

# 25 krazyboy225 @ 05/26/10 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
LOL whats the smile for?

# 26 dexvex @ 05/26/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
don't hold out man lol

But about this real time physics business. Do you guys think thats why beluba left?

# 27 krazyboy225 @ 05/26/10 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
don't hold out man lol

But about this real time physics business. Do you guys think thats why beluba left?
I highly doubt that was his reason for leaving.

If ANYTHING it was probably because of the new analog heavy controls... just a guess though.

# 28 thmst30 @ 05/26/10 07:39 PM
Jordan possibly on the cover of 2K11 and EA completely rebranding their game. This is already getting interesting. Doesn't mean a damn thing though if the game isn't A LOT better.

# 29 Kevin26385 @ 05/26/10 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
I hope they dont try and force stick use only like they did with FNR4 which just killed sales and only later did they release button control option , to little to late .
Agreed. Hopefully they give us the option.

# 30 MarvellousOne @ 05/26/10 08:19 PM
NBA Elite 11 really now...not a good name choice. To be honest even with the name change of the Live franchise for this so called "Fresh start" it still does nothing for the history of the company for producing a sub-par title the last 6 years, outside of Live 10 which was a decent title. Will be interesting to see what they come up with those, I just hope this heavy focus on analog controls isn't 100% accurate, but the real-time physics does seem like a great idea.

# 31 Cubfan @ 05/26/10 09:09 PM
ign.com story: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1093197p1.html

"If the left stick is your body, then the right stick serves as your hand and the ball"

# 32 BiggD @ 05/26/10 09:11 PM
Are they getting to complicated with this though???

# 33 rockchisler @ 05/26/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
People can always play the Wii and leave the big boy games to people like me..

# 34 BlueNGold @ 05/26/10 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Not really IMO. Simpler controls are always a good thing as long as they also have a level of depth. Skate would be a good example of that.

BTW about the controls, in one of the articles about this on Pasta's site he said in the comments that pressing the R stick up is to shoot and how straight it is moved up determines the percentage of the shot going in.

# 35 Accfsu34 @ 05/26/10 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Not really IMO. Simpler controls are always a good thing as long as they also have a level of depth. Skate would be a good example of that.

BTW about the controls, in one of the articles about this on Pasta's site he said in the comments that pressing the R stick up is to shoot and how straight it is moved up determines the percentage of the shot going in.

well hopefully they give us the option, of either analog or button.

# 36 dexvex @ 05/26/10 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Jordan on the cover???? Does that mean he will be in the game!? Is this true??
not confirmed.

# 37 thmst30 @ 05/26/10 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Jordan on the cover???? Does that mean he will be in the game!? Is this true??
I said possibly.
http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=416407

# 38 23 @ 05/26/10 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
I hope they dont try and force stick use only like they did with FNR4 which just killed sales and only later did they release button control option , to little to late .

Wait, maybe its just me, but I dont care to see the controls turn into 2ks controls. That's exactly what it looks like

# 39 Cubfan @ 05/26/10 10:13 PM
As long as i have the option to go back to the old control layout then im fine. I will not be forced to used analog controls.

# 40 noshun @ 05/26/10 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Wait, maybe its just me, but I dont care to see the controls turn into 2ks controls. That's exactly what it looks like

Exactly what I was thinking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.