Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

According to Pastapadre, via OXM, NBA Live will be renamed NBA Elite.

Quote:
"The NBA Live name is no more. This year’s NBA title from EA Sports will be called NBA Elite 11. According to OXM (via drules2) the game will be heavy on analog controls with Skate and Fight Night the two titles garnering comparisons in that regard. I’m hoping to get some additional details soon."

Magazine image scan here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 elprez98 @ 05/29/10 04:00 AM
Live 10 had a lot of good qualities. Mainly control and no sliding. If they can get realtime physics in the game, I'm buying it for the first time in over half a decade.

# 102 ehh @ 05/29/10 02:09 PM
Sliding was pretty bad post-patch. '09 had no sliding at all, one of the best parts of that game.

# 103 Altimus @ 05/29/10 02:19 PM
I don't understand why so many are complaining about the physics and how it is implemented in the other games that use it. Who said they were just going to slam the same exact code with no modification in Live (Elite). Wait and see my friends. At least for some solid gameplay and a demo later on. Change is good and I'm taking a wait and see approach with this. Honestly, I'm interested.

# 104 robinsnestkc @ 05/30/10 01:13 AM
I could have a puppy take a poop in a bag and write Elite on the bag. This is the dumbest Idea ever. I bought and liked Live 10 for the most part. But until they get every players shot and tendency in the game they will still be behind 2K. Sorry EA we are not idiots who think *Wow Elite is on the box so the game inside must be Elite* Get a life and work on catching 2K, EA.

# 105 rockchisler @ 05/30/10 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsnestkc
I could have a puppy take a poop in a bag and write Elite on the bag. This is the dumbest Idea ever. I bought and liked Live 10 for the most part. But until they get every players shot and tendency in the game they will still be behind 2K. Sorry EA we are not idiots who think *Wow Elite is on the box so the game inside must be Elite* Get a life and work on catching 2K, EA.
Thanks for your input rookie..SMH

# 106 Behindshadows @ 05/30/10 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsnestkc
2k, 2k, 2k, more 2k...

They've caught up to 2k, and if you've played Live 10, you know it was the first of it's Next Gen series that finally competed. Still has better stadium sounds, better control, better play model skin textures, better stadium lighting, and so many other things.

Don't come in here with your childish analogies, thinking it's cool.

We all know that Elite is a stupid name and I do mean stupid. But no sense in saying they are trying to fool the market. I believe the Live name has been officially tarnished and they are trying to rename the game.

Be in mind, the guy who voted for Elite to even be placed on the board as possibles, needs to be beat with raw salmon. But at the same time, they should have asked us as consumers to vote. Sometimes developers can't think outside that box, because they have multiple objectives they are trying to accomplish.

The competition will always have the advantage, because their track record is much stronger and they've only made 2 games in their series that were poop BB games....ESPN NBA 2k5 and NBA 2k9 (bug heavy).

In the meantime...Please don't let Elite be the final name.

# 107 23 @ 05/30/10 01:43 AM
Is it necessary to call people rooks because of their posts

# 108 raidersbball20 @ 05/30/10 06:05 PM
I guess in a couple months we will have to change up the forum categories a bit with a new name

# 109 Shakedowncapo @ 05/30/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows

The competition will always have the advantage, because their track record is much stronger and they've only made 2 games in their series that were poop BB games....ESPN NBA 2k5 and NBA 2k9 (bug heavy)
2k9 was a buggy mess?! Then what was 2k10? Game had the longest patch notes I've ever seen.

# 110 GaryT531 @ 05/31/10 10:48 AM
More EA marketing crap to try to get us interested in a game that has been crap for an entire decade, and will be crap again in 2011.

I will not be bamboozled again. I am DONE with EA basketball. Period

# 111 kunqlao @ 05/31/10 11:30 AM

# 112 ehh @ 05/31/10 01:34 PM
The blurb under the sequence of photos mid-left caught my eye. They shouldn't even let bigs like Shaq have those moves as an option. If you try it with Shaq, nothing happens. Put in dribble/move packages like 2K.

# 113 Equinox831 @ 05/31/10 02:09 PM
I could care less about the name, I'm more concerned about the new analog control scheme that EA is starting to overuse. The last time I enjoyed an NBA "Elite" game it was on the PS2 and I don't think that EA is going in the right direction with the franchise.

# 114 raidersbball20 @ 05/31/10 03:22 PM
I'm excited about this. I was thinking since Mike Wang the game wouldn't be that great this year. But with the complete rebuild and name change this could be a good competition again just like last year was

# 115 SageInfinite @ 05/31/10 03:48 PM
Quote:
They've caught up to 2k

# 116 Muzyk23 @ 05/31/10 05:34 PM
Quote:
2k, 2k, 2k, more 2k...

They've caught up to 2k, and if you've played Live 10, you know it was the first of it's Next Gen series that finally competed. Still has better stadium sounds, better control, better play model skin textures, better stadium lighting, and so many other things.

please put a big IMO next time to this..to my mind, Live absolutely hasn't caught up to 2k in any way..oh wait they have better shoes my bad

# 117 style24 @ 05/31/10 05:53 PM
If nothing else, they have caught up in the control department. If you rate them from 1-10, live is a 8 or 9 and 2k is a 4 or 5.

# 118 Ill_Will#21 @ 05/31/10 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunqlao
The graphics seem less shiny than last year from those screens

# 119 noshun @ 06/01/10 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Thats what I was thinking. Not a knock on BS but, I dont get how he calls himself an unbiased gamer, and sees nothing wrong with Live.

Live was broken for 4 years, albeit Live 10 was somewhat playable this year. There are some people that keep making excuses for it too, and he's one of them. They're attempting to reinvent a series that wasted 4 years of ineptitude in trying to fix the franchise, only to bow out and rebrand it Elite, like thats gonna save it. This game is far from anything Elite.

I wonder if they will abandon this game when it comes out to paltry sales, like they did NCAA Basketball 10?

# 120 Behindshadows @ 06/01/10 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Thats what I was thinking. Not a knock on BS but, I dont get how he calls himself an unbiased gamer, and sees nothing wrong with Live.
Let me correct you for a second....

I love how everyone wants to use the unbiased statement, without even knowing the definition of the word.

1st off, I buy both every year - Part 1 to being unbiased
2nd off, I play them both for their differences and don't try to compare what the other doesn't have - Part 2 to being unbiased.
3rd - I respect the art / graphics differences, presentation differences, game mode differences. Without it ruining my experiences. - Part 3 to being unbiased.

(Also a key to being unbiased is knowing when to throw out some negatives, as well as positives) Which brings me to my next statement and response to your nothing is wrong with Live 10 statement.

I enjoy Live 10, I love the graphics, the controls, the overall gaming experience I get on default settings.

Do I think the animations suck, no! Do I wish they had more yes....unbiased. I acknowledge what isn't there, but don't overlook the fact that more are needed during certain shots and contacts.

Do I hate the presentation, no! Does it need to be better, yes! As I've posted numerous times in threads on how Steve Kerr gets on my nerve and the commentary has been rinsed and repeated since Live 05. Does it ruin my experience, No!!! Still love the game.

Notice how I'm talking about Live 10 and only Live 10. See being unbiased is when you can discuss a title, without comparison.

Let's go to 2k10. Do I hate it, no! Do I dislike it, yes! Does it stop me from playing it, no! Because again things I love about it, that they do differently that keeps me interested in play it, as well!

Is online poorly done, yes! Does it ruin my experience, no! It's hit and miss on certain nights.

Do I love the graphics, no! Do I hate them, no! I just know that Visual Concepts artist are capable of more, PC modders prove that the engine is capable of more with time.

I love the presentation, best they've done in the series in a long time. I love the D-Leagues, amazing feature this season. NBA Today is great! So what is it, that I hate about it.

Well animations, sometimes they over do, the animations to where the computer pretty much controls my movements instead of me. Not to mention, players are starting to skate now, too much time has to go into sliders and rating changes to make it play good and not feel cheated against the CPU. Ridiculous shots and dunks in traffic and on contacts, etc.

Same create a player since NBA 2k6 ported. I mean see how I only compare it to what they've done as a company.

Same way I compare Live to how it's changed since Live 06, and 10 was a major improvement, done by a new development group in 10 months. So I respect the work and time it has done.

Was DNA broken, somewhat! Did or does it ruin my experience, No! Is Dynasty Mode bad, No! Could they do more, YES, of course! Is what not there ruining my gaming experiences, no! On the court I like the game.

Dynamic Season is crack! And it is a key element that keeps me intrigued about the game. So don't try to call me out, like using that term, makes you think you know me as a gamer.

Learn to separate the differences and enjoy all games for what they bring to the table, instead of always trying to compare apples and oranges and thinking one of them can compare to the other. They are different for a reason, and a reason why people buy both. For 2 different experiences. Yeah Live 10 has issues, but it doesn't ruin basketball for me or my playing time with it. Yes the competition has it's own issues and bugs, about 10 pages of bugs, but only a few things really bothered me, but didn't ruin my basketball experiences.

And you didn't see me in the 2k threads ranting on about how it sucks and how Live 10 does this either did you. Because I as an unbiased gamer have nothing to prove with that garage. I enjoy them for what they are both worth, with their flaws.

- Peace.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.