Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

According to Pastapadre, via OXM, NBA Live will be renamed NBA Elite.

Quote:
"The NBA Live name is no more. This year’s NBA title from EA Sports will be called NBA Elite 11. According to OXM (via drules2) the game will be heavy on analog controls with Skate and Fight Night the two titles garnering comparisons in that regard. I’m hoping to get some additional details soon."

Magazine image scan here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 HoosierDaddy @ 06/03/10 04:22 PM
I think being skeptical is fine, but make sure someone has the facts before they start spreading rumors. Just like in the other thread, someone stated that EA said they were building from scratch again, when the facts are, that couldn't be any further from the truth.

# 162 Pared @ 06/03/10 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im not even sure where the conversation has gone because what I stated is different from what has been argued here with other guys, but yes stability is the main reason why it matters if people are continually being shuffled or not.

I think what disturbs me is how guys are coming here telling others they shouldnt be skeptical. Well I disagree with that regardless of who is leading the way, this year especially.

At this point EA has something to prove to everyone including themselves in this sport on this gen.

IMO make a good game and eventually people will buy it. Thats the only way you will quell concerns. Until then there is no way you're going to stop people from wondering because of past times.
People won't stop wondering regardless. They make their mind up before giving things a shot. And it has been proven plenty of times, with plenty of examples on this forum alone.

Guess you can't stop the flip-flopping, so you're right. Would be nice if less people joined them instead of picking up a pitchfork themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
What is there not to agree with? When I said behind, I only meant in gameplay. Quite frankly, 2K is already slightly behind EA in this aspect. I also think that 2K is behind EA in physics, foot planting, control, and overall game speed or spacing. 2K is so far ahead in the other areas that it will take EA some time to even think about trying to catch up. The good thing is that they have laid a strong foundation.
If you isolate it to some areas then I can agree with you. But many times people make that statement as a whole while 2k is selling 2 million units...

# 163 loadleft @ 06/03/10 04:34 PM
Whew! I'm having trouble keeping up with all these Elite threads! Guys that played the game, as far as you can tell what will be the number one driving force in succeeding in this game? I am asking will a user's basketball IQ or stick skills or even something else be more important in terms of winning games against the AI?

# 164 ehh @ 06/03/10 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
See this I don't agree with. 2k is not behind on anything outside of player control. If you measure things one to one, it's the only issue they aren't up to par with that is THAT important. People want to point to plays, crowd sounds... control is the one defining thing. Even if EA were to outright kill it with control, there needs to be more from every area of the game.
Floor spacing and rotations/sliding is still absolutely dreadful in 2K. Live has it beat by a long shot. The dude who posted a 2K mash up of a bunch of blocked shots the other day, man every single block in that vid has someone sliding like they're on skates and recovering way too quickly. It makes the halfcourt game in 2K unbearable to me.

That and the controls are why I can't play 2K9 or 10 and why I still play CH2K8 and NBA2K8. The rotations are still pretty bad but at least I have control of what's going on and it's not one animation-driven sequence after another.

# 165 Shakedowncapo @ 06/03/10 10:43 PM
Im glad they are going this new direction with "controls" but that was not the problem last year(as already stated). I hope they worked on the part of making the game fun for a full 82 games! That to me and a host of others was the problem with last years game...It had no substance once you got past how well you could move and messed around with the playbooks.

Rebounding, fouls, fastbreaking, stale animations, signature moves all things that took away from the final feel of the game and hurt the product big time. Just wish we could have heard more about these subjects as control WASNT the problem in the first place. So excuse the thought of some of us still being skeptical about this team and not exactly taking words for it at this moment.

# 166 Tha_Kid @ 06/04/10 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Im glad they are going this new direction with "controls" but that was not the problem last year(as already stated). I hope they worked on the part of making the game fun for a full 82 games! That to me and a host of others was the problem with last years game...It had no substance once you got past how well you could move and messed around with the playbooks.

Rebounding, fouls, fastbreaking, stale animations, signature moves all things that took away from the final feel of the game
and hurt the product big time. Just wish we could have heard more about these subjects as control WASNT the problem in the first place. So excuse the thought of some of us still being skeptical about this team and not exactly taking words for it at this moment.
Agreed.

# 167 Pared @ 06/04/10 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Floor spacing and rotations/sliding is still absolutely dreadful in 2K. Live has it beat by a long shot. The dude who posted a 2K mash up of a bunch of blocked shots the other day, man every single block in that vid has someone sliding like they're on skates and recovering way too quickly. It makes the halfcourt game in 2K unbearable to me.

That and the controls are why I can't play 2K9 or 10 and why I still play CH2K8 and NBA2K8. The rotations are still pretty bad but at least I have control of what's going on and it's not one animation-driven sequence after another.
I just don't agree, especially with "by a long shot." People said 2k couldn't do anything about help defense and boom, patch hits and it is infinitely better.

I'm not saying it couldn't use work, but 2k just needs a few tweaks here and there while NBA Elite needs an entire grasp on NBA Authenticity, whether it be on the court, with the players, the emotion, game modes, etc in addition to gameplay tweaks. Fastbreaks? Proper player mannerisms? I could go on and on (and I did the last few days) but comparing the minor changes 2k needs to the major investment in all that is the NBA with Elite, one company has much more work for them.

All the gameplay in the world isn't going to make that much of a difference when the other isn't terrible by any means. But it's a start... and that's where Elite seems to be going right.

# 168 ehh @ 06/05/10 11:30 AM
Quote:
I just don't agree, especially with "by a long shot." People said 2k couldn't do anything about help defense and boom, patch hits and it is infinitely better.

I'm not saying it couldn't use work, but 2k just needs a few tweaks here and there while NBA Elite needs an entire grasp on NBA Authenticity, whether it be on the court, with the players, the emotion, game modes, etc in addition to gameplay tweaks. Fastbreaks? Proper player mannerisms? I could go on and on (and I did the last few days) but comparing the minor changes 2k needs to the major investment in all that is the NBA with Elite, one company has much more work for them.

All the gameplay in the world isn't going to make that much of a difference when the other isn't terrible by any means. But it's a start... and that's where Elite seems to be going right.
It's still awful. I see a true "open jumpshot" about once every five games in 2K. Defenders are always challenging shots they have no business trying to challenge, the extra pass means nothing and guys recover too quickly.

# 169 Pared @ 06/05/10 12:29 PM
So that seems to tie into momentum. They fix that and it shouldn't be an issue (or at least as much of an issue).

I still say they have less changes that need to be made to make a few that play the game happy. Hell, people enjoy it now despite it being so "awful."

Both companies are playing on their strengths. Again though... which company has more "strengths" given their current status?

Hopefully we can see a more level playing field. EA is working hard to do that, for sure... and I bet 2k is making sure they are doing everything they can to keep that gap where it is now.

# 170 rockchisler @ 06/06/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
People won't stop wondering regardless. They make their mind up before giving things a shot. And it has been proven plenty of times, with plenty of examples on this forum alone.

Guess you can't stop the flip-flopping, so you're right. Would be nice if less people joined them instead of picking up a pitchfork themselves.

I agree with this, that's why I have been very limited in my statements here, We went, we saw the game, we are giving our Thoughts but Some people have made their minds up already so I don't want to waste key strokes on responses..... I don't know, maybe I'm wrong in saying that...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.