Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

What's up guys (and gals)

My name is "THQ Tank", or just Tank as I'd prefer. Your new Official WWE / UFC Community Manager, coming to you straight from the former heart of EA as the previous Command & Conquer Community Manager for the last 6+ years, now here at THQ. I'm quite the seasoned Community Manager with a heavyweight belt of experience and great friends with "Marcus", were each others inspiration, now we work together, not a bad gig.

I was recently presented a golden opportunity to come tackle this fighting community for THQ and finally give them, and more importantly the dev team(s) and community a voice they absolutely deserved.

If you missed my intro on our official UFC boards, check out the sticky thread here:

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/165794

While I am a huge proponent of being communicative and loyal to our “homeland”, my equal priority and “mantra” as a Community Manager is engaging and interacting with our external hardcore community, you guys who generally have some of the most constructive ideas and feedback around. Not to mention, you'll slam me down like a 10-story building falling flat on my face if I don't listen all around, so trust me, been doing this for 6+ years, you have a voice you can trust which will be heard by the dev team, and will also talk back. I'm a nice guy, no worries. And I like to bang down doors.

Concerning UFC 2010, the update I posted yesterday in General Discussion and the first blog on our official site

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/169296

…really encompasses the heart of the matters at the moment. I assure you, myself and the dev team are reading all over, I also just need a little bit of breathing room to get my chops down and around the entire community outside the official boards, so thanks for understanding. There are some specific gameplay issues being addressed in that post, and a myriad of others being worked on by the team. While I'm new to the community, I feel your pain on Super CAF's.

I absolutely want to engage with you guys as frequent as possible, so expect to hear from me frequently. I will falter at times, not be here every hour or day, I'm human and am currently Community Manager of BOTH WWE and UFC, and also the main point of contact in the THQ building establishing this, so, please allow me a little breathing room. I came from EA, I know what community management is all about, and I intend to give THQ that same desire and passion so the UFC/WWE games and community get the voice and dedication they have deserved for quite some time.

Glad to be here, and I'll be collecting as much feedback so we can shape up UFC 2010, namely the critical issues right now. I'm also here to have fun, cause, i'm a gamer to, and a massive Bay Area sports fans. GO Giants! LA Galaxy fan as well, my only allegiance to the Los Angeles area. I'm a San Francisco native, my blood runs deep with the orange and black. And Shogun is the man.

Cheers,

Tank

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nyj721 @ 05/29/10 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
You should use the term One Punch KO's instead of Flash so there wont be any confusion..

Also, I guess I'll should post this here:

Im convinced that mostly EVERY fighter in the game has their AI set to Aggressive...

-Fact that GSP rarely goes for a takedown and superman punch, back spin kick the entire fight gives me every reason to believe so...

-Every pre-created fighter in the CAF mode is set to Aggressive beside maybe 3 guys...This gives me more evidence that I may be right...

-I created two guys and set them to be aggressive fighters...They fought like Mike Tyson the whole time...

-I set the two guys to be Passive, this time they were less aggressive but they still didn't not work the jab enough (could be move set related)

-I recreated both guys and gave them the MMA(wrestling) move set template, set their attributes in a fitting manner as well as setting both guys to be ground grapplers...They were less aggressive and the match actually went to the ground most of the time and it ended in a decision...

Tested in CPU vs CPU On Expert BTW
Well I hope that is the case, because it seems like it would be easy to patch the CPU fighters AI instead of messing with punching power.

# 42 Jukeman @ 05/29/10 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Well I hope that is the case, because it seems like it would be easy to patch the CPU fighters AI instead of messing with punching power.
Last year it seem like they reduced the stiking power instead of adjusting the Rocked/KO rate which def needs tweaking

# 43 nyj721 @ 05/29/10 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Last year it seem like they reduced the stiking power instead of adjusting the Rocked/KO rate which def needs tweaking
I agree that the KO rate needs to be tweaked, but the striking power is fine. They need too rework the stamina system so it is more costly to throw the big power strikes and maybe add a punch accuracy stat (or just make it a part of the standing strikes offenst stat).

# 44 statum71 @ 05/29/10 02:21 AM
I have YET to finish a submission... but when the computer gets me in a submission my guy taps every single time.

It doesn't even pay to use fighters with a high submission rate....because it seems to never work for the human player anyway.

# 45 Jukeman @ 05/29/10 02:24 AM
Quote:
I agree that the KO rate needs to be tweaked, but the striking power is fine. They need too rework the stamina system so it is more costly to throw the big power strikes and maybe add a punch accuracy stat (or just make it a part of the standing strikes offenst stat).
Yup stamina will def help the aggressiveness of fighters as well

My biggest gamplay issues are:

Stamina
KO vs Rocked ratio
3 transition rule
AI aggressiveness
Stats not meaning anything
Subs
Ref quick standup...
and of course all of the exploits...

I think an improved stamina rate will knock off maybe half of the problems I listed above..

If they fixed those things, I would be happy..

# 46 eko718 @ 05/29/10 10:07 AM
Quote:
Yes, there should be a stamina cost for spamming punches or kicks. This will force more strategy and perhaps help to taper the CPU's aggressiveness(though that still needs to be addressed separately with fighter AI).

# 47 jb12780 @ 05/29/10 10:44 AM
Another thing that should be addressed is the auto sprawl. Dan Hardy under no circumstances should be able to stop a takedown from the like of GSP, Fitch, or Kos.

# 48 jb12780 @ 05/29/10 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Yeah - the sprawl block is pretty silly; same with 2009.

Especially now how you can block it, hold them up in the air for a second and then uppercut them sending them flying. Where did they come up with that?

Here's how I see it - takedowns should be based almost entirely on stats. Secondly, holding back for the sprawl function shouldn't be an auto-block but should maybe boost your defense rating a tad bit.

So if you don't get the sprawl thing held, it should be a quicker take down for the most part and maybe lower the defender's stat a small amount since they technically weren't prepared for it.

If you do hold it and get it, then it should go into a bit of a struggle and maybe raise the defender's stat a small amount too. Maybe have a hopping animation, or one where the defender kind of stumbles along with it, or in the case of a top level defender like Liddell was, just a pure stuff.

I'd just like to see stats matter more instead of this automatic - you were holding back so it's a block no matter what stuff. I guess I want to see more of the arcade stuff removed and more of the sim type stuff enhanced.

What this game begs for is a ton more animations and some actual randomness to it.
Ive been fighting Dan Hardy using GSP for the past hour trying to take him down at will, which he did in their fight back in March. Im not counting the takedowns in which i countered his striking, but no matter what difficulty level, Hardy stuffed the majority of takedowns. This needs to be looked into further.

# 49 Jukeman @ 05/29/10 02:04 PM
I also think a faster stamina rate will make the ratings stand out more

# 50 Stormyhog @ 05/29/10 02:27 PM
Welcome Tank hope you enjoy your time here. I have played quite a few matches and I have had only one fight that went the distance as most are KO's with a few TKO's thrown in. I like the game but if they can rectify some of the problems that you guys have stated it will make it a much better game.

# 51 Mizzoutiger @ 05/29/10 04:20 PM
Hi Tank,

I think it would be wonderful if we could make super CAPS ---for private use only--no on line play. Please give us this option !

# 52 MoleDude @ 05/29/10 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
8. CAF- Also, we need more points for career. It is unfair being a 30 overall and having to fight a top UFC fighter.
To add to this point, we need to be able to learn more techniques. Learning a move basically fills your fatigue, stats still decay, and you aren't even for sure going to learn the move in one "week."

Being 20 fights into career mode and having learned 4 techniques is a little ridiculous to me. Apparently my fighter is the dumbest person in MMA.

# 53 Jukeman @ 05/29/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
To add to this point, we need to be able to learn more techniques. Learning a move basically fills your fatigue, stats still decay, and you aren't even for sure going to learn the move in one "week."

Being 20 fights into career mode and having learned 4 techniques is a little ridiculous to me. Apparently my fighter is the dumbest person in MMA.
I learned 4 moves in 5 fights on expert lol

# 54 statum71 @ 05/29/10 07:01 PM
The UFC game is fantastic! But I'm more of a wrestling fan (yes I know its not real).

Please tell me you guys are looking at your UFC Event Mode as a model for the next wrestling game!!?

I know someone's gonna say "but it had Create A Story." But when I play Event Mode on UFC 2010...it just flows more like a real life TV Show. The promos at the start, Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan actually setting the scene (instead of only hearing their voices during matches), the wide view arena scans, and the way the show "closes" at the end.

It all just ties in together soooo much better instead of feeling like a bunch of exhibition matches back to back.

Wrestling is "DESPESRATE for a REALLY good game. Help!!!!

Ps....CAS got old fast because the element of surprise was gone. Even downloading somebody elses story was kinda wack because you can't edit....Suppose Cena isn't "my" Champion?

# 55 Acedeck @ 05/29/10 07:08 PM
First improvement I say should be done is the KO's, like everyone is saying. I've played 20 matches so far with all 20 ending in a KO in the 1st or second round against the CPU on Advanced.

# 56 JoeMimic @ 05/29/10 08:07 PM
Let me first say I'm glad we have someone from the UFC community over here because the official forum isn't very good in terms of user quality. I'll probably cover a lot that already has been said but I want in! Submissions. I like submissions. I think they need tweaked or tied into the ratings a bit more, I don't think it's very realistic to have to always wear down your opponent for a submission. If I'm a great grappler ala Damian Maia and I mount Drew McFredries in the first round and attempt a submission, I should have to completely screw up my shine to not submit him. I'm not sure if there is really anything that can be done about this now but it has to be mentioned.

I don't play online much, take that back I almost never play online. I like the idea of creating fighters who aren't in the game and making my roster even bigger. The way the game is setup now it's nearly impossible to do that because you can't make a decent CAF without dragging him all the way through career mode. Now I know someone might say you can do the copy trick (Which is probably going to be patched unfortunately) but I just wish there was an option put in there for you to select when you use the CAF outside that disables using it online but allows you access to everything so you can make the roster of your dreams and just have fun.

Again thanks for being here and listening to my gripes, and please don't takeout the copy trick! It's all I've got at this point.

# 57 SHAKYR @ 05/30/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I am done personally with UFC10 until something is done about KO's/Stamina etc etc....

Game has/had SO much potential...WHy did they, in all actuality, DUMB it down so much? I know casuals were a bigger focus, but if someone bought/played UFC09...There is a HUGE probablility they would BUY UFC10....WHy simplify the game?

THis went from a REALLY good sim-ish MMA fighting game to a ARCADE brawler.....

54 fights in Exhibition (EXPERT difficulty) ALL ended in KO but 2 which ended in sub(not me...CPU)....I my LW career...my guy is currently on an 11 KO streak and Striking/Kicks are my LOWEST attribute by FAR (did that for a reason)....Really shows 1 of 2 things...1-Ratings LITERally mean ZERO 2-KO are just emphasized WAY TOO MUCh.

Everyone sees this...Everyone experiences this....Everyone here wants something done about it....And i know we are MAYBE 3-5% of the overall community, but the rest of UFC10 owners HAVE to want these issues addressed in some way.

This game just becomes an act of WHo can get the KO 1st...ANd you always know a KO is gonna come 99.9% of the time....Just go toe to toe and get it over with....That is ARCADE 100%.....

Frustrated and disappointed is not the word for how i feel....
I think if a KO can come at anytime, that's realistic. If you don't defend you ko"d in real-life. If a fighter were to go toe to toe in real-life you have a good chance of getting KO'd.

Alot of back and forth with no thread of being Ko'd is arcadish.

# 58 jb12780 @ 05/30/10 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I think if a KO can come at anytime, that's realistic. If you don't defend you ko"d in real-life. If a fighter were to go toe to toe in real-life you have a good chance of getting KO'd.

Plus the fact the submissions are non-existent makes this game a KO fest.

# 59 statum71 @ 05/30/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR

I'm with you. Yes I see alot of KO's. But its also attributed to the fact that a lot of hard shots are landed in those fights.

I watched UFC 114 last night...the reason most of those fights went the distance is because guys were standing back and dancing around a lot. If you do a lot of that on the game I'm sure it'll go the distance too. And vice versa, if more real life fights had the number of landed hard shots that I see in this game...there would be more KO's in the first round as well.

Personally, I don't feel its arcadish.

# 60 Jukeman @ 05/30/10 03:09 PM
im knocking guys out instantly with straights and jabs...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.