Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 team has posted another blog. This one focusing on the spread offense.

Quote:
"Hey NCAA Nation, I'm Anthony White, Assistant Designer on the Central Football team, and I'm here to bring you a series of blogs about the new offensive styles in NCAA Football 11. The term spread offense is an umbrella term that encompasses a number of offensive systems. Offensive systems such as the Run and Shoot, Air Raid, One Back, even the Flexbone Triple Option are often identified as being a type of spread offense. For the sake of this blog post I'm going to identify the spread offense as an offensive system that's primarily run from the shotgun, spreads the field with multiple receiver sets, and can be used to both run and pass the ball with equal success."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ThaShark28_316 @ 05/28/10 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Umm, do they have the games or are they going by gameplay videos released by the games developers.
The latter.

# 22 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/28/10 04:10 PM
That was interesting, but I was hoping for Dynasty Part3. Hopefully it is worth the wait. Good news about the demo coming soon though.

# 23 CreatineKasey @ 05/28/10 04:10 PM
Looks authentic and pretty fun to me. I'm thinkin' draws will improve in both Madden and NCAA this year.

# 24 Solidice @ 05/28/10 04:14 PM
I wonder what the Bazooka formation looks like?

# 25 Barkley7 @ 05/28/10 04:17 PM
Looks awesome. Love the new formations too.
Btw, on that final formation, the trey, does anyone see that thing called Bazooka? Anyone know what that is?

# 26 Brandwin @ 05/28/10 04:20 PM
I thought we were going to get the third dynasty blog. New info is better than none though.

# 27 LionsFanNJ @ 05/28/10 04:22 PM
I like they showed a play or two going against the 3 - 4. Good to see.

# 28 Solidice @ 05/28/10 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I thought we were going to get the third dynasty blog. New info is better than none though.
I figured they wouldn't do blog 3 for dynasety this week. there is likely something that will be in blog 3 that they are not going to announce until E3. just a possibility.

# 29 Solidice @ 05/28/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
i hope they get the read guy on a 3-4 defense right, it's not the defensive end but the outside linebacker
in one of the videos that was released about a month ago, it showed the OLB as the option guy in a 3-4 defense.

# 30 LionsFanNJ @ 05/28/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
in one of the videos that was released about a month ago, it showed the OLB as the option guy in a 3-4 defense.
Towards the end of the read option video they show it against a 34

# 31 ctindal21 @ 05/28/10 04:47 PM
im interested in seeing how the play recognition rating works this year

# 32 Hova57 @ 05/28/10 04:47 PM
i think some of you guys didn't realize that the end stayed home which means there is a defensive assignment logic. as long as the wr/cb interaction is good we will have a good game.

# 33 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/28/10 04:48 PM
They said we would get other blog on part 3 of the others so Im still looking for that info to drop later today or tomorrow.

# 34 TripleCrown9 @ 05/28/10 04:57 PM
I'm trying to figure out whose playbooks these are. Wolverine Split is obviously Michigan, and I'm thinking Empty Quads is Georgia Tech. With the others, I have no idea. Any suggestions?

EDIT- Bazooka is Boston College. WR 14 is Billy Flutie, Doug's son.

# 35 gator3guy @ 05/28/10 05:03 PM
Looks like no Jermiah Masoli. I hope they still put him on the roster. He still has eligibility after this year.

# 36 Solidice @ 05/28/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
I'm trying to figure out whose playbooks these are. Wolverine Split is obviously Michigan, and I'm thinking Empty Quads is Georgia Tech. With the others, I have no idea. Any suggestions?
5 different teams it seems.

I think the empty quads(the first formation picture) is Middle Tennessee State. Dwight Dasher as impact QB.

# 37 mr janny @ 05/28/10 05:07 PM
I didn't see any pancake blocks in any of the videos. That's a good sign, considering the frequency we have seen them in other vids.

# 38 sportznut02 @ 05/28/10 05:16 PM
This game can not get here soon enough.

# 39 huskerwr38 @ 05/28/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
my only gripe is on that last video with oregon, wr#10 looks like he makes a magical slide to get in position to make that block

my only gripe so far ....

Wow, that was really really bad.

# 40 gator3guy @ 05/28/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90

EDIT- Bazooka is Boston College. WR 14 is Billy Flutie, Doug's son.
Middle Tennessee St.
Louisville
Penn State
Michigan
Boston College (although Anthony Castonzo isn't on the OLine)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.