Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 team has posted another blog. This one focusing on the spread offense.

Quote:
"Hey NCAA Nation, I'm Anthony White, Assistant Designer on the Central Football team, and I'm here to bring you a series of blogs about the new offensive styles in NCAA Football 11. The term spread offense is an umbrella term that encompasses a number of offensive systems. Offensive systems such as the Run and Shoot, Air Raid, One Back, even the Flexbone Triple Option are often identified as being a type of spread offense. For the sake of this blog post I'm going to identify the spread offense as an offensive system that's primarily run from the shotgun, spreads the field with multiple receiver sets, and can be used to both run and pass the ball with equal success."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 huskerwr38 @ 05/28/10 05:23 PM
NCAA 11 is finally better than Madden 11 this year. I know people are saying that we haven't seen much of Madden but I can just tell the game will be better. I have been saying this all along this year, it's NCAA's year to shine over Madden. I think that NCAA is MORE sim than Madden because Madden is trying to cater to the casual fan. Madden devs would not have wrote a blog that broke down plays like that. They believe it scares the casual people away. The NCAA devs get it and they are moving in the right direction, whereas, I believe Madden is headed down a more casual road.

I can't wait for NCAA, it's finally back!

# 42 TripleCrown9 @ 05/28/10 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
5 different teams it seems.

I think the empty quads(the first formation picture) is Middle Tennessee State. Dwight Dasher as impact QB.
That makes sense. Forgot he was #9 also.

# 43 TripleCrown9 @ 05/28/10 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Middle Tennessee St.
Louisville
Penn State
Michigan
Boston College (although Anthony Castonzo isn't on the OLine)
Good job, bro. I never would have gotten Louisville.

# 44 jsquigg @ 05/28/10 05:48 PM
I loved the video except in a spread option offense like Oregon's or Michigan's, it's not a play action bubble screen. It's a read option play with the added option of throwing to the slot if the defense brings extra guys into the box. It's similar to the triple option in an under center option offense. And as many have already said, the outside receiver does different things depending on the play and defense. In a spread option offense, it is not always called at the line of scrimmage but built into the play as the last option (like the pitch man in an under center triple option play). Other than that, at least they finally got the basic read in.

# 45 Buckeyes_Doc @ 05/28/10 05:52 PM
Damnit was hoping for a dynasty blog, but it was still a good blog.

# 46 jello1717 @ 05/28/10 05:57 PM
Isn't the Wolverine Split formation illegal with the uncovered LT? It'll also be interesting to see if they call a penalty on you if you throw it to the TE who is covered (if, of course, there are even any routes for him and if you can hot route him).

# 47 TripleCrown9 @ 05/28/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Isn't the Wolverine Split formation illegal with the uncovered LT? It'll also be interesting to see if they call a penalty on you if you throw it to the TE who is covered (if, of course, there are even any routes for him and if you can hot route him).
Wouldn't be the first thing that Michigan has done illegally.

# 48 Buckeyes_Doc @ 05/28/10 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Nice.

# 49 jello1717 @ 05/28/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
http://www.traditionfootball.com/for...ad.php?t=24008

# 50 TripleCrown9 @ 05/28/10 06:22 PM
Hahaha thanks guys. The Chuck Norris Approval lets me know the joke was classic.

# 51 Palo20 @ 05/28/10 06:24 PM
Good stuff. I hope they add Texas Tech's wrinkle where the start with 2 RBs in the Shotgun and one of them sprints out toward the slot. They run a ton of plays of this, including thowing the bubble quickly to the motion man.

# 52 sinc79 @ 05/28/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
That was interesting, but I was hoping for Dynasty Part3. Hopefully it is worth the wait. Good news about the demo coming soon though.
when did they say the demo would be released?

# 53 willmc59 @ 05/28/10 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
A lot of teams have overload I formations and neither the TE or LT can go out for a pass, though a tackle eligible would be an awesome wrinkle (especially for Alabama, considering our rich history when it comes to tackle eligible plays, i.e. Jerry Duncan and Andre Smith).

# 54 mgoblue678 @ 05/28/10 08:02 PM
Looks great. Exciting to see the correct read option logic and blocking implemented in the game, especially since it's a big part of my favorite teams offense

Hopefully offense and defense are balanced as others have said, because if they are this game could be really good. Even if they aren't, the defensive sliders could be adjusted to make it more even.

Finally looks the next gen NCAA devs get it and are focusing on getting the fundamentals right. Wish it would have happened sooner, but still nice to see.

# 55 jmik58 @ 05/28/10 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
in one of the videos that was released about a month ago, it showed the OLB as the option guy in a 3-4 defense.
It doesn't matter what the scheme is, the rule is that you leave the end man on the line of scrimmage (within the box).

In a 3-4 you don't always option the outside linebacker (using the logic EA has described).

If you run an option to the weak side (no TE) and the DT/DE is playing a "5" technique on your Offensive Tackle, then he is the end man on the line if it's a true 3-4 with the OLB playing back.

# 56 moylan1234 @ 05/28/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
EDIT- Bazooka is Boston College. WR 14 is Billy Flutie, Doug's son.
nope, Doug's nephew.

On topic: I really liked the blog, but on that bubble screen it's clear the passing speed is still way too fast. Everyone's moving in slo mo and the ball is flying across the screen

# 57 TripleCrown9 @ 05/28/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
nope, Doug's nephew.

On topic: I really liked the blog, but on that bubble screen it's clear the passing speed is still way too fast. Everyone's moving in slo mo and the ball is flying across the screen
Oh my bad. Thanks for the correction. And yeah the pass was rediculous. It was like the Matrix or something.

# 58 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/28/10 10:11 PM
Nice read. The only thing that got me in this is. In the bubble screen the WR that did the crack block prior to the QB throwing the ball didn't get called for pass interference. That was strange. But other then that. Good read.

# 59 BROman @ 05/29/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Nice read. The only thing that got me in this is. In the bubble screen the WR that did the crack block prior to the QB throwing the ball didn't get called for pass interference. That was strange. But other then that. Good read.
it's behind the los, so the block is legal. also, an uncovered lineman is legal in college football.

# 60 Madwolf @ 05/29/10 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Who doesn't know how to run the read option? Seriously.

edit: BESIDES Apex.
Me. Didn't know squat about how to run a spread offense until Charlie Strong came to Louisville.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.