Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

It looks like the rumors were true. Michael Jordan is your cover athlete for NBA 2K11.

Quote:
"Michael Jordan might be retired, but he’s still the most powerful force in the basketball marketing world. He has proved that in the shoe business and now he’ll get his chance on a video game cover.

Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports, confirmed to CNBC.com that the Charlotte Bobcats owner will appear on the cover of NBA 2K11, which will hit stores on Oct. 5."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 drlw322 @ 06/02/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
No I just don't understand excitement over who's on the cover..
I would think the exciting part would be that they will have jordan in game with maybe some of his Mo-cap this year. I guess for the 1st time a next gen game would attempt to create a jordan worthy of jordan instead of user created content

# 22 youvalss @ 06/02/10 03:47 PM
Well, you can't have the Classic MJ without decent calf sleeves. So I'm assuming the sock-bug is fixed. Eh, 2K?

# 23 bigsmallwood @ 06/02/10 03:49 PM
Wow!

# 24 youvalss @ 06/02/10 03:51 PM
If 2K lets the people choose the cover like last year it could be great! Just give us 4 MJ options...plus a Spike Lee one...

# 25 Eclipso @ 06/02/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
Well for me this is a "WOW" moment since he had been absent from video game b-ball with the exception of a few games. Other then that I always am curious as to who / why they put XXXX player on a cover but for me this is diffrent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
I really feel bad for this generation that did not get to see MJ play live. He was unlike any others. Simply amazing, Kobe, Lebron or Wade have nothing on him.
I totally agree, I was lucky enough to get to see him live four times, two in Chicago; had a girlfriend who had family there so going there to see her family was a no brainer and twice here in Denver, sadly the second time here in Denver he played a quarter maybe a quarter and a half and then sat the rest of the game. They were blowing out the Nuggets.

# 26 youvalss @ 06/02/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Are you a LaBedford Smith fan?

Kidding!!!

# 27 mvb34 @ 06/02/10 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Are you a LaBedford Smith fan?

Kidding!!!

LOL yeah I still mad for what MJ did to LaBedford Smith ..

# 28 outkaz79 @ 06/02/10 04:04 PM
Bought!

# 29 Bolt957 @ 06/02/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I hope that this means historical teams/ courts etc..
I hope so because it wouldn't be right. I want to be able to play as MJ, Pippen and the Bulls against the Bad Boys Pistons and catch hell and hard fouls. I want to be able to play against the Knicks and have scuffles in The Garden. I want to be able to play against the Lakers, Blazers and Suns for the 1st three-peat. I want to be able to win the 4th ring against Seattle on Father's Day and cry on the floor. I want to be able to play with the flu for ring 5 and hit The Last Shot for ring 6. (They better have all the Jordan shoes as well.) Plus all the other rivalries that brought heat and fights like the Pacers - Knicks, Knicks- Heat, and the rest.

# 30 Gosens6 @ 06/02/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Usually people aren't excited, but, it's Michael Jordan. People have been wanting to play a 2K basketball game with the greatest of all time since NBA 2K3.

Plus, it's Michael Jordan

# 31 Onpoint17 @ 06/02/10 04:27 PM
What's most important to me is that he's in the game. I hope we can use him in Association mode. I create myself as a CAP. What an honor it would be to play with the "real" Michael Jordon.

# 32 TalenT @ 06/02/10 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
I really feel bad for this generation that did not get to see MJ play live. He was unlike any others. Simply amazing, Kobe, Lebron or Wade have nothing on him.
Well put my friend. I couldn't agree more.

# 33 AlphaTrojan @ 06/02/10 04:42 PM
Damn, his Airness himself. I normally don't get overexcited about a game but this is too good. It sucks that this game comes out next school year though lol.

# 34 Shakedowncapo @ 06/02/10 04:45 PM
Damn that looks sweet.

# 35 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/02/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtownboy15
looks like 2k got their man, but a cover athlete doesn't resolve game play.....it's all about SALES
of course it is and 2k kills sales every year, and now that Jordan is on the cover I bet they doubble there sales this year.

# 36 DaveDQ @ 06/02/10 04:51 PM
This was probably in the works before the name change of Elite came along but I think this goes above and beyond in being an answer to that.

The two games are competitive in nature, so that's there, but having Jordan is such a positive. It just cancels out anything else.

Michael Jordan....how do you even respond to that?

# 37 thmst30 @ 06/02/10 04:57 PM
Awesome! CANNOT WAIT to play with MJ in a modern NBA game!!!

Maybe now that the Bobcats' owner is on the cover 2K will make sure their unis are actually accurate.

# 38 DaveDQ @ 06/02/10 05:01 PM
Signature style will be so nice.

# 39 Epiffani @ 06/02/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Jordan to help develop upcoming hoops video game

Posted Jun 2 2010 2:19PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Basketball superstar Michael Jordan will help develop the upcoming "NBA 2K11" game from Take-Two Interactive and will be on the game's cover.
******** type="text/javascript"> cnnad_createAd("185474","http://ads.nba.com/html.ng/site=nba&nba_pos=160x170_spon&nba_rollup=news&nba_section=article&page.allowcompete=yes&params.styles=fs","170","160");

******** type="text/javascript"> cnnad_createAd("299234","http://ads.nba.com/html.ng/site=nba&nba_pos=160x600_bot&page.allowcompete=yes&params.styles=fs","600","160");
Jason Argent, vice president of marketing at Take-Two's 2K Sports, says that's a departure from a typical cover deal with athletes. Usually, the game maker simply hands over a check.
Players will be able to play Jordan's character to vicariously slam-dunk their way to victory from the comfort of their couch. Although 2K did not give a lot of information on how the game will look, Argent says Jordan will be working closely with developers, right down to such details as whether the character's elbow is at the correct angle for a shot.
The new game goes on sale Oct. 5.
The company wouldn't disclose financial details.

# 40 Shakedowncapo @ 06/02/10 05:11 PM
Jordan cares about signature shots. My dude!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.