Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

It looks like the rumors were true. Michael Jordan is your cover athlete for NBA 2K11.

Quote:
"Michael Jordan might be retired, but he’s still the most powerful force in the basketball marketing world. He has proved that in the shoe business and now he’ll get his chance on a video game cover.

Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports, confirmed to CNBC.com that the Charlotte Bobcats owner will appear on the cover of NBA 2K11, which will hit stores on Oct. 5."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 youvalss @ 06/04/10 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Well...2K need to revamp the engine and make the game run faster. That'll improve the game....i want the speed of 2K7 back...that is the ONLY way to make the game run at realistic speed. Ever since 2K7....all other versions have been out whacked......they play too slow for my taste. Get rid of momentum bullshyt.
Faster is realistic? Playing 12 minutes and scoring 130 points isn't that realistic. But I do agree that players should move and react better.

# 142 jmood88 @ 06/04/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Well...2K need to revamp the engine and make the game run faster. That'll improve the game....i want the speed of 2K7 back...that is the ONLY way to make the game run at realistic speed. Ever since 2K7....all other versions have been out whacked......they play too slow for my taste. Get rid of momentum bullshyt.
Yay, the cheeser is back!

# 143 youvalss @ 06/04/10 06:39 PM
I honestly can't understand why this game is still bieng released for PS2. Yeah, I know, many still have a PS2, and I played my PS2 until a year and a half ago (and still don't have a next-gem console), but come on! Not only that it doesn't get better, it just gets worse. 2K7 was the last good 2K game for PS2. 2K8 was bad, 2K9 wasn't much better (haven't tried 2K10). If 2K at least made the game better, it would be ok, but not the way things are.

# 144 SaC_KiNg09 @ 06/04/10 06:44 PM
Dont know if it has been discussed or not, but if Mike is going to be in the game they have............HAVE to Mo-cap his shot. Please dont do his shot like you all did Kobe's

# 145 Spaced Ace @ 06/04/10 08:32 PM
Awesome. Michael Jordan.... YES!

# 146 youvalss @ 06/04/10 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaC_KiNg09
Dont know if it has been discussed or not, but if Mike is going to be in the game they have............HAVE to Mo-cap his shot. Please dont do his shot like you all did Kobe's
I thought Kobe did the mo-cap for his shot. Didn't he?

# 147 SoulAssassin @ 06/04/10 11:40 PM
JORDAN MADE BASKETBALL

# 148 flyfreebird89 @ 06/05/10 01:13 AM
Man, this is awesome! Now heres to hoping they add tons of former players!

Also, am i the only one who thinks it would be a great idea to have the option to change a players hairstyle/facial style to something they had b4 so you can change anytime. Basically take Clyde for example. He had a fro in the 80's, balding early 90's and completely bald mid 90's. Just have those 3 options for that player and every other style is locked.

Kobe-Current+fro
Kidd/Hill:Bald+Fade
Jordan:Fade+Bald
Ben Wallace:Fro+braids
Nash/Dirk/Gasol/Bird-short hair+long
VC:fade+bald
Rodmanlain black+all his styles and colors
Kareem:fro+balding+bald-goggles on or off option
Hakeem:goggles and no goggles

etc...

The reason i thought of this is b/c i was excited to play as legends in 2k10 only to see David Robinson and several others look like they did after their prime. I want to see ripped up Admiral, Mailman, etc. I want to see every legend made like they were in their prime, stats included.

Some more things: Way more lay up packages, Jordan was known for his mid air crazy lay ups more so than his dunks in game. Pippen needs those "AIR" shoes! 3 different Shorts lengths ranging from 80's short to mid 90's short to nowadays "gangster" long. Legends sigs/packages. Hakeem the freaking Dream Olajuwon doing his dream shake and so many other fakes and moves. Shaq's hanging on the rim and kicking his legs up. Magics flashy passes and Larry legends 1 handed, quick tap passes. Mutombos awkward clumsyness . etc. Yao really needs his own package, im tired of seeing him do dunks where his head is above the rim, etc.

Bring back the taunts, Shaq looking at his hand as he sprints down court after a dunk. Kobe snarl. Maybe throw in Jordan shrug and fist pump. Barkley clutching the rebound with elbows sticking out, Rodman jumping with his legs all the way up for his rebounds and both of them swinging their elbows furiously. Barkley beating up every mascot is a must.

etc, etc, etc ,etc! I could go forever. lol..

# 149 MJ23Sebastian @ 06/05/10 04:53 PM
omg this is......

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

# 150 MJ23Sebastian @ 06/05/10 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
I can see the commercial now. Jordan is at a press conference announcing he coming out of retirement. A reporter asks him, "Do you think you've still got the skills?" Jordan replies "Yeah, I still got it. And I've been practicing against the best". Then the screen behind him shows clips of the virtual Jordan, playing against Kobe, LeBron, D. Wade, Durant, and Melo. And then Jordan says "I'm a free agent, who want to sign me?"

Then they could announce, preorder 2K11 and get a Jordan Shoe code. Unlocking every pair of Jordans.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be sweet.
haha that would be bad(in a good way)

# 151 MJ23Sebastian @ 06/05/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt
124 Days, 05 Hours, 27 Minutes, & 23 seconds...

Man that's a long wait... haha.
it would be awesome when its 23 Days, 23 Hours, 23 Minutes & 23 Seconds

lol just a wierd thought

# 152 youvalss @ 06/05/10 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23Sebastian
it would be awesome when its 23 Days, 23 Hours, 23 Minutes & 23 Seconds

lol just a wierd thought
Would be awesome when it's only 23 seconds.

# 153 youvalss @ 06/06/10 02:59 PM
I wonder if that means exclusive rights on all the Air Jordan stuff to 2K. I remember seeing the Air Jordan logo in Live 10 too, not to mention all the shoes...
If 2K could get the AJ exclusively, it would be nasty and yet great marketing.

# 154 Moegames @ 06/06/10 10:15 PM
He's the best ever.. this is awesome to see him on a front cover of a current gen bball videogame. I was fortunate enough to have seen Jordan play at the stadium many times and i also witnessed a last second shot by jordan that won a playoff game which i was there on the 8th row, its something i will never forget..it was simply magical. I live near chicago so im so stoked to see him on the cover of 2k. Man everyone in here were very lucky to live this generation while the best basketball player in history played out his career..

# 155 youvalss @ 06/06/10 11:42 PM
Too bad that 20 years from now, MJ will be like what some youngsters think about Bill Russell: "Yeah, heard his name, but who cares about him, he's just an old guy".

# 156 ehh @ 06/06/10 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Too bad that 20 years from now, MJ will be like what some youngsters think about Bill Russell: "Yeah, heard his name, but who cares about him, he's just an old guy".
It's already almost that bad, just look at all these youngins that think Kobe is on MJ's level. And those real insane ones who think Kobe is better.

# 157 STLRams @ 06/07/10 08:30 AM
True.. some young guys have no clue about the godlike ability of Jordan, im a big Kobe and Lebron fan, but MJ is the greatest that has ever played, past and present. This is huge for 2K to have him in the game, people crying about why Lebron or someone else on the cover should learn to bow before the greatness of Jordan and learn there basketball history.

# 158 Jeffx @ 06/07/10 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
True.. some young guys have no clue about the godlike ability of Jordan, im a big Kobe and Lebron fan, but MJ is the greatest that has ever played, past and present.
Some of these young cats have no clue about the great players before Jordan.(Wilt, Oscar, Russell, Kareem, etc.). For me, Wilt will always be the GOAT.

# 159 Pared @ 06/07/10 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It's already almost that bad, just look at all these youngins that think Kobe is on MJ's level. And those real insane ones who think Kobe is better.
You know you're old when...

But seriously... you're 100% right. Any longtime Knicks fan can attest to his greatness. Ugh.

# 160 ifriedrice @ 06/07/10 04:21 PM
It isn't just youngins who think KB is on MJ's level... have you been listening to the professional sports analysts lately?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.