Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

It looks like the rumors were true. Michael Jordan is your cover athlete for NBA 2K11.

Quote:
"Michael Jordan might be retired, but he’s still the most powerful force in the basketball marketing world. He has proved that in the shoe business and now he’ll get his chance on a video game cover.

Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports, confirmed to CNBC.com that the Charlotte Bobcats owner will appear on the cover of NBA 2K11, which will hit stores on Oct. 5."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 youvalss @ 06/07/10 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
It isn't just youngins who think KB is on MJ's level... have you been listening to the professional sports analysts lately?
Actually, I hear some say "Kobe may be the greatest player OTHER THAN Michael Jordan".
Meaning...another level. If they're on the same level commentators would say "Kobe is the greatest ALONG with Michael Jordan".

And by the way, not all commentators even put Kobe in that Elite group. I still hear some say that Magic is the greatest.

# 162 Altimus @ 06/07/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It's already almost that bad, just look at all these youngins that think Kobe is on MJ's level. And those real insane ones who think Kobe is better.
I even hear it here sometimes and it makes me sick.

# 163 Sinner @ 06/07/10 05:46 PM
Yeah Jordan is the best ever and this is a real big deal...anybody that thinks why is Jordan on the cover he hasnt played in so many years dont know the stay power if MJ. As seen on here many people have wanted his likeness in a game for a long time and now they will be able to again.
Some of you may have seen this also...cant remember where but I saw an article that talked about Jordan helping in developing the game..as far as him and making sure his jump shot is on point down to where his elbow his during his shot.

# 164 jd@os @ 06/07/10 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Too bad that 20 years from now, MJ will be like what some youngsters think about Bill Russell: "Yeah, heard his name, but who cares about him, he's just an old guy".
Funny that you guys were discussing this. I honestly don't believe that every generation has this problem, but this one sure does.

This generation in particular has no idea nor interest in history and what came before them. I work with teenagers and it's sickening that most of them (I work with) don't appreciate the history of things they like now. Many of them love Lil Wayne, but have no idea that Lil Wayne takes some of his lines from The Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac--many of them only know of Biggie Smalls because of the movie Notorious. Many of them like Floyd Mayweather but have no idea who Muhammad Ali is, and only know Mike Tyson as "that guy who ate somebody's ear". A co-worker from NY had on a Brooklyn Dodgers cap, and a teen asked him how come he had on a Red Sox hat if he was from NY.

MJ is the same way. Younger people only know him from shoes and ESPN Classic; they don't get how MJ absolutely dominated the league after 1990. I hate quotes, but my favorite one is from Jordan in Come Fly With Me: "When I get the ball, you're at mercy for whatever I want to do." That's sick, and that's how it really was. Only Jordan could stop Jordan. He wasn't God, but he was simply the best.

# 165 ehh @ 06/07/10 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Funny that you guys were discussing this. I honestly don't believe that every generation has this problem, but this one sure does.

This generation in particular has no idea nor interest in history and what came before them.
The saddest part is that this is the first generation that grew up with the Interwebz. It's all there for them, they just need to put in the effort. YouTube, endless references on the Internet, etc. Yet it's more ignorant than ever.

Larry Bird said it best in his prime, "People always forget about how good the old players were. I'm sure the same thing will happen to me in 20 years."

Everyone wants to witness greatness, the 80's had Bird & Magic, the 90's had MJ and the 00's had.......the answer is Duncan but no one wanted to watch his "boring" style. He remains the most underrated player in history IMO.

Kobe was easier for the media to hype up and focus on. Playing in LA, trying to mimic every MJ mannerism, his brat image and the drama off the court, etc. Kobe always did what Duncan could never come close to doing - making you care one way or another. You hate him or you love him, but he creates some emotion from 99% of basketball fans. Kobe's career has always been a soap opera, from the minute he refused to play for the Hornets. Duncan creates no emotion from the majority of fans, unless you consider falling asleep or changing the channel an emotion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.