Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Our friends at NLSC have posted their reactions to the NBA Elite 11 news.

Quote:
"The presence of real-time physics should hopefully be a huge boost to the series, providing more realistic interactions between players and their environment. Recent NBA Live games have attempted to improve player collisions and interaction with "on-ball scenarios" and other such animations, with varying degrees of success. However, there were still issues with players clipping through one another and sometimes the backboard, never quite interacting properly in situations where they should be making contact with one another. I'm really looking forward to seeing what real-time physics can do for dunking on another player as well as putting a body on the ballhandler and challenging shots (or conversely, eluding the defender), along with differentiating weight and strength between players.

Since the news broke about the new shooting controls and real-time physics, I've been a little concerned about what the innovations might mean for Dynasty and other game modes. While NBA Live 10 was a big step forward in gameplay, it was sorely lacking in game modes with Dynasty desperately needing an overhaul and a general lack of modes to play due to the removal of the All-Star Weekend. This limited the game's replay value, especially for offline gamers and Dynasty geeks like me. With the new controls and physics obviously being marquee features in NBA Elite 11, I'd been struck by the nagging thought that game modes would once again be pushed aside this year."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 rockchisler @ 06/03/10 06:07 PM
The guy that was at the community day is a member here also, Pdub

# 2 kbomb1upc @ 06/04/10 02:54 PM
I guess you can't please everyone. They are trying to change the game with never seen before physics in a basketball game and all he can do is complain about Dynasty mode which hasn't even be addressed. For all we know they could be changing that to. I've stop playing Live in 2006 and I've been enjoying 2K til 2009. But with 2K10 they have yet to fix any of ther issues they have with gameplay and online so I've been looking for a good reason to go back to Live. I really hope they do it with Elite 11 cause Lives online team play is so much better than what 2K is offering.

# 3 P-Dub @ 06/04/10 06:20 PM
Just to clarify, that was Andrew's reaction, not mine.

# 4 ParisB @ 06/05/10 03:46 PM
Personally I would take great gameplay/physics/controls first, before worrying about Dynasty or other features.

I wouldn't mind playing single Season mode if the game was great. The rest can follow in years to come.

# 5 inkpimp007 @ 06/05/10 05:27 PM
I'm hoping this team is not that out of touch that they thing Dynasty mode can be over looked AGAIN. not everyone is an online sports gamer. In fact i can't stand playing sports online..... it's to dependent on the person you are playing against not to be an idiot.

If they can address this mode and i mean they really need to be serious about this mode, this could be nice restart.

# 6 inkpimp007 @ 06/05/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
I guess you can't please everyone. They are trying to change the game with never seen before physics in a basketball game and all he can do is complain about Dynasty mode which hasn't even be addressed. For all we know they could be changing that to. I've stop playing Live in 2006 and I've been enjoying 2K til 2009. But with 2K10 they have yet to fix any of ther issues they have with gameplay and online so I've been looking for a good reason to go back to Live. I really hope they do it with Elite 11 cause Lives online team play is so much better than what 2K is offering.
I don't see it so much as a complaint. It's a fact, dynasty mode has been completely ignored. It's a mode that should have been addressed in Live 10 and i'm betting they know. It HAS to be bumped up this list of things to do for Elite to have a fighting chance... trust me.

# 7 loadleft @ 07/21/10 11:15 AM
I hope most don't agree! Without a decent dynasty mode it's just a game more suited to versus. Who would want to play user vs. cpu exhibition games repeatedly or single seasons but never get anywhere. To me of the things you listed graphics is the one that can wait.

# 8 YoungG @ 07/21/10 11:36 AM
to be completely honest, dynasty mode is something that i play every single year. That mode is very important and i hope that it would have been made over into something that is more realistic and fun

# 9 İroke @ 07/21/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
I hope most don't agree! Without a decent dynasty mode it's just a game more suited to versus. Who would want to play user vs. cpu exhibition games repeatedly or single seasons but never get anywhere. To me of the things you listed graphics is the one that can wait.
Me. I don't even care about dinasty mode. I don't have time to complete even a single year, because I don't like to simulate games. And I like to play with most of the teams, so I end up just playing exhibition games...

Obviously, I want all modes to be great, but it's not a big deal for me if this year they only improve gameplay and controls

# 10 loadleft @ 07/21/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
Me. I don't even care about dinasty mode. I don't have time to complete even a single year, because I don't like to simulate games. And I like to play with most of the teams, so I end up just playing exhibition games...

Obviously, I want all modes to be great, but it's not a big deal for me if this year they only improve gameplay and controls
Actually I've never completed a dynasty myself, LOL. It's because you can't shorten the season down to 20+ or 50+ games and I too hate siming. One of the improvements I'd like to see is to be able to adjust the number of games played. Still, to me exhibition is pointless unless I am playing another human and the appeal of a season to me is to take a bad team and build them up so single season doesn't work for that. What I have done is sim'd the first season of dynasty and played the second after make roster changes but the recent live's gameplay is so repetitive that I usually quit that too and go to a different team to get a new experience.

# 11 İroke @ 07/21/10 06:17 PM
Quote:
Actually I've never completed a dynasty myself, LOL. It's because you can't shorten the season down to 20+ or 50+ games and I too hate siming. One of the improvements I'd like to see is to be able to adjust the number of games played. Still, to me exhibition is pointless unless I am playing another human and the appeal of a season to me is to take a bad team and build them up so single season doesn't work for that. What I have done is sim'd the first season of dynasty and played the second after make roster changes but the recent live's gameplay is so repetitive that I usually quit that too and go to a different team to get a new experience.
That's why I play exhibition games, lol

# 12 loadleft @ 07/21/10 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
That's why I play exhibition games, lol
LOL, I thought about that when I typed that last post! Really I could stand about 20-30 games w/the same team and if the playoffs then post season broke that up I could continue. Another problem I have is I am not a true fan of any particular team I just like... love good basketball, that keeps me from sticking to one team just because I want to make them better than they are IRL, so with the repetitive gameplay I just can't bare a long season. Fix the number of games part and that's no longer an issue.

# 13 AndrewNLSC @ 07/21/10 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
That's a misrepresentation of his comments.

He expressed logical concern about other modes if they are going to heavily focus on physics and controls.
Thank you, that's exactly where I was coming from. I'm not suggesting that controls and physics aren't important; far from it. I just think that to be the best it can be, the game should be a well-rounded product and deliver on all fronts. Granted, I'm also a Dynasty geek so it tends to be one of the first things I think about but my concern was "Can this be addressed as well?" rather than "Can this be address instead"?

I'm definitely not unpleasable nor biased against EA's basketball offerings. I wouldn't be running an NBA Live/Elite fansite if I was.

# 14 İroke @ 07/22/10 06:27 AM
Quote:
LOL, I thought about that when I typed that last post! Really I could stand about 20-30 games w/the same team and if the playoffs then post season broke that up I could continue. Another problem I have is I am not a true fan of any particular team I just like... love good basketball, that keeps me from sticking to one team just because I want to make them better than they are IRL, so with the repetitive gameplay I just can't bare a long season. Fix the number of games part and that's no longer an issue.
And that's the other reason, hahaha

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.