Home
NHL 11 News Post

Gameinformer has posted some more NHL 11 details, in their first look preview.

Quote:
"To help the CPU keep up with all the blazing dekes, brutal checks, and the loosened goaltending, EA Canada has reworked the AI to boost its skill set. Players have more awareness to avoid vicious checks, and employ dekes more frequently to keep your defender off balance. Both the goalie and offside defenders do a better job of patrolling the crease and stopping those improbable cross-ice passes that gamers have over-relied upon to score back door goals the past few years.

Other on-ice improvements include user-controlled celebrations, broken sticks, and a brand new face-off system that lets you shoot from the circle, kick the puck back to a defensemen after trying up your opponent's stick, and flip your bottom hand to improve your chances of winning a face-off to your backhand side. With real puck physics in place, winning the face-off is no longer about jamming the analog stick before the opposing center - your stick must come in contract with the bouncing puck to gain possession. Swing too early and you could whiff on the puck. The various tactics at play gives each drop of the puck a paper, rock, scissors feel, breathing new life into a formerly stale system most players mastered long ago."

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 pf8363 @ 06/07/10 03:18 PM
nice nice nice

# 2 ODogg @ 06/07/10 03:27 PM
I'M LOVING IT

# 3 Money99 @ 06/07/10 03:27 PM
Very nice find, thank you for posting.

I know this probably doesn't need to be mentioned but I really hope the dekes aren't overdone.
I don't want to see Travis Moen pulling off a Datsyukian or Bure-like deke every shift.

# 4 Lightbringer719 @ 06/07/10 03:30 PM
The notion of having user-controlled goal celebrations, as opposed to the generic ones of previous games, as well as the revamped faceoffs has me excited for NHL 11.

# 5 06woz @ 06/07/10 03:39 PM
Thank God Thank God Thank God

That sounds AMAZING.

I cannot wait for more details on that deking system, no more automatic animations from moving left to right

Keep your eyes peeled guys, information through a magazine is usually followed by an online release of some sort.

# 6 ch46647 @ 06/07/10 03:52 PM
Now this sounds like TRUE NEXT-GEN sports gaming!!!!!!!!!! Madden needs to take notes

# 7 onlybygrace @ 06/07/10 04:48 PM
Wowzers.

# 8 Vikes1 @ 06/07/10 05:46 PM
The hype score that's shown is right about where my hype is for the coming game.

"Real puck physic"....love the sound of that! And improved player AI, loosened goalies, new face-off system, etc...sounds great! Three months to go.

# 9 BlueNGold @ 06/07/10 05:53 PM
Sweet mother of God.....this game is going to be ri-****ing-diculous. I should seriously just go put in a pre-order now.

# 10 Vikes1 @ 06/07/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Sweet mother of God.....this game is going to be ri-****ing-diculous. I should seriously just go put in a pre-order now.
Mine will be in for Fathers day!

# 11 plaidchuck @ 06/07/10 06:18 PM
Well the user controlled celebrations are certainly a pleasant surprise! Little things like that will certainly keep the presentation aspects of the game fresh.

# 12 jdr4693 @ 06/07/10 06:24 PM
Do you think the user controlled celebrations will be like Fifa?? Fifa has the best user controlled celebrations.

# 13 green94 @ 06/07/10 06:28 PM
WOW... Awesome stuff. User controlled celebrations is awesome news...

# 14 Flamesfan102 @ 06/07/10 06:49 PM
Cannot wait until September 7th to come!
EA year after year makes the best, most realistic hockey game to date and NHL 11 will be a prime example. For those developers of the NHL 2K series its time to give up on the competition, let EA take over.
Now, I just want the demo to come out fast. My guess is August 31st since the release date is september 7th and the 31st is a Tuesday (usually when xbox live gets new demos).

# 15 Flamesfan102 @ 06/07/10 06:51 PM
that being said, only 85 days till when i believe the demo will come out.

# 16 Lightbringer719 @ 06/07/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Do you think the user controlled celebrations will be like Fifa?? Fifa has the best user controlled celebrations.
Ideally, it should be based on the FIFA celebration systems. I'm just excited at the demise of the lame goal celebrations where the guy simply stands in place.

# 17 BlueNGold @ 06/07/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Very! NICE! I like what I am ready, this game should be like a whole new game.
You'll probably buy it just because the new celebrations lol. I know you were on them in past years for having bad goal celebrations.

# 18 green94 @ 06/07/10 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbringer719
Ideally, it should be based on the FIFA celebration systems. I'm just excited at the demise of the lame goal celebrations where the guy simply stands in place.
For those not familiar with FIFA, what makes their celebrations stand out so much?

# 19 BlueNGold @ 06/07/10 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
For those not familiar with FIFA, what makes their celebrations stand out so much?
You get a lot of options and full control over what celebrations you can do.

# 20 Lubey @ 06/08/10 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
There's literally pages of celebrations you can do. It's just a nice touch and lets you express some joy after you score.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.