Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

According to the Associated Press, NBA Elite 11 will have a new announcing team that includes Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Breen.

Quote:
"For now, he'll keep enjoying their time together. This is the fourth finals they're calling, and even if it's their last, they'll live on next season as the voices of the NBA ELITE video game."

Source: Pastapadre

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TreyIM2 @ 06/08/10 11:22 PM
While this is a GREAT announcement, I'm just hoping that they can keep the commentary fresh with VERY LITTLE repetition otherwise, this crew would be a waste.

Regardless, the ante has been UPPED even further. Sounds like Elite 11 is going to be the bees knees.

# 22 Kully @ 06/08/10 11:23 PM
This is good news. Love hearing these guys, even though Jackson gets annoying live. I can't wait to hear him over and over and over in a game

# 23 tedus @ 06/08/10 11:49 PM
It' s good !!

I like this change!!

I can't wait to hear new commentaries.

I like to hear "you better than that" !! haha!!

but I still hope Mav Alber could rejoin the announcers.

# 24 Jonesy @ 06/08/10 11:52 PM
It's the repetition that kills it. I like Mike Breen and can put up with Jackson and JVG in small doses but if they some lame lines that get repeated over and over and over and over and over again I will have to mute that.

As long as they do a good job of keeping the commentary new and fresh it should be great.

# 25 Nature_Boy @ 06/08/10 11:55 PM
I will miss Marv Albert but a change was needed to keep the game fresh. Good choice.

# 26 Eman5805 @ 06/09/10 12:02 AM
I had an inkling.

They're comin' hard this season. I'll admit, it all sounds like it'll be a nice b-ball game...but it could all fall flat and just be too loose.

# 27 oldman @ 06/09/10 12:13 AM
My favorite crew right there. 2k has started to get stale the last couple of years to me, if only Elite would update the dynasty system then I might be sold. Otherwise, I'm sticking with 2k.

It will also be interesting to see how they get JVG's comedic side involved without it getting old.

# 28 lakers4life @ 06/09/10 12:16 AM
this probably is making me buying the game...I absolutely love them together.

# 29 WTF @ 06/09/10 12:20 AM
Wow... Huge news. Really like this. Hoping that a full scale ESPN integration is on the horizon.

# 30 noshun @ 06/09/10 12:21 AM
Should freshen the game up a bit. Hopefully things dont get stale with 'Hand down, man down' or 'Mama there goes that man' several times a game.

Maybe Marv teams up with Kevin Harlen in the other game.

# 31 J_Posse @ 06/09/10 12:22 AM
If I buy Elite 11 I'm definitely turning the T.V. broadcast audio off. I just can't stand Mike Breen and his amateur referee act every game. He's job is to call the action as it happens on the floor, not to attempt to inject his opinion on fouls every single night. Bob Costas, Kevin Harlan and Marv Albert destroy that hack, wanna-be ref, IMO.

# 32 Hassan Darkside @ 06/09/10 12:23 AM
I thoroughly enjoy Mike Breen, but Mark Jackson and JVG I could do without. I just feel like they'd be more annoying in sports games than real life due to repetitiveness and ******** lines they record.

# 33 Jano @ 06/09/10 12:24 AM
Love listening to these guys I just hope they can incorporate JVG's randomness in there. Without it just won't be the same..

# 34 Jakeness23 @ 06/09/10 12:26 AM
Good, maybe this opens the door for 2K to get the TNT crew (and maybe NBA TV), I'd much rather here them instead damn Jeff Van Gundy. Is it just me, or is that guy ANNOYING AS HELL?!

# 35 Vince @ 06/09/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
If I buy Elite 11 I'm definitely turning the T.V. broadcast audio off. I just can't stand Mike Breen and his amateur referee act every game. He's job is to call the action as it happens on the floor, not to attempt to inject his opinion on fouls every single night. Bob Costas, Kevin Harlan and Marv Albert destroy that hack, wanna-be ref, IMO.
I could not agree more. Breen also almost always favors with the refs call.

# 36 statum71 @ 06/09/10 12:37 AM
Whoa!!! This is big. I like this trio.

Should be interesting to see what 2K does.

# 37 bigball12 @ 06/09/10 12:39 AM
This is awesome. And like it was stated before hopefully a full ESPN presentation blowout! 'Mama There Goes That Man!'

# 38 Checmate101 @ 06/09/10 12:49 AM
hand down...man down..gotta be in there.

# 39 Greene_Flash03 @ 06/09/10 01:03 AM
I hope they have a new PA announcer as well..

# 40 str8artist @ 06/09/10 01:09 AM
"Lets Dance" Mark Jackson.... Great news.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.