Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Manage your school using the web in NCAA Football 11. Read all about it, at ESPN Videogames.

Quote:
"With "NCAA Football 09", EA Sports introduced football fans to their version of an online dynasty where gamers were able to play in a conference with up to 12 players, but managing your school had to be done through the console. This year, the team behind "NCAA Football 11" is finally taking the feature full-force to the Web, enabling gamers to log onto their dynasty anywhere they have access to the Internet, whether it's on a computer, iPhone, or even an iPad.

That's right, now if you an extra 20 minutes to kill at work (or if you just don't feel like working), you can log onto your team online, schedule a game, try to recruit that strong-armed quarterback for next season, and even write up a news story about how you destroyed Florida the night before and post the story to Facebook.

Talk about a productivity killer. "NCAA Football 11" is set to cost corporate America millions of dollars in lost time just so Dan from Palo Alto can try to convince some virtual running back that Stanford is the best place for him to high-step down the field next season.

But that's just the start of what EA has planned.

I recently had the chance to sit down with NCAA Football 11" producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry to get the inside scoop on the game's new online dynasty features.

Video highlights of a player's entire career? Team highlights that extend to 60 seasons? That's only just the beginning."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Skyliner80 @ 06/09/10 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Wow. Just. Wow.

Honestly, this could be the biggest thing to ever happen to replayabilty in a sports game. I'm stoked beyond belief right now.
What? The ability to publish postgame stories/narratives? That was around back in 2004. A little game called 2k5. If it's anything like that, I'm definitely picking it up. I also want my Sports Illustrated Magazine covers back!!! (or ESPN). They were so random.

# 102 tswiatkowski @ 06/09/10 08:59 PM
I think this is the big news about online dynasty, but they have to have been saving something for E3. Probably the teambuilder thing that everyone is talking about. Keeping my fingers crossed for that. I love Teambuilder but I know it can be better, so hopefully I will not be disappointed by EA. (Honestly it would be a suprise considering the way I haven't been disappointed at all so far this year )

# 103 moylan1234 @ 06/09/10 09:11 PM
I've never been an online player so forgive the noobness of this question. If I play an online dynasty by myself all my games will be against the CPU and not other online gamers?

# 104 Solidice @ 06/09/10 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I've never been an online player so forgive the noobness of this question. If I play an online dynasty by myself all my games will be against the CPU and not other online gamers?
if you're the only user in the OD, all your games will be against the CPU.

# 105 moylan1234 @ 06/09/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if you're the only user in the OD, all your games will be against the CPU.
Okay so the only concern with this for people like me right now is whether conference invites will be part of online dynasty or not?

# 106 ESPOMAN @ 06/09/10 09:18 PM
Souns like something they did with madden 10.

# 107 JoshCA916 @ 06/09/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Okay so the only concern with this for people like me right now is whether conference invites will be part of online dynasty or not?
that and coaches being hired and fired, unless they release this info as a part of E3

# 108 crusaderhoops10 @ 06/09/10 09:38 PM
This is going to take over my life. I love it.

# 109 Dame @ 06/09/10 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if online dynasty allows conference invites this year, I'll be running my normal 1* build-up offline dynasty online by myself. this just looks insanely awesome.
Dont be mad if I ask to join you with either San Jose st or some MAC school

# 110 Potatoes002 @ 06/09/10 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
that and coaches being hired and fired, unless they release this info as a part of E3
Additionally, multiple times last year I was unable to log into my Online Dynasty a couple times because EA's servers weren't working properly.

# 111 tswiatkowski @ 06/09/10 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks1212
looks like Michigan State's new jerseys didn't make it in the game.
I know im sad about that but they were announced so late. I didnt really expect it either.

# 112 B Edwards 17 @ 06/09/10 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswiatkowski
I know im sad about that but they were announced so late. I didnt really expect it either.
Can't you just put them in with teambuilder?

# 113 tswiatkowski @ 06/09/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Edwards 17
Can't you just put them in with teambuilder?
Technically I could, Ive actually made a version of them, but you cant really add all the logos and stuff so I couldn't make it playable. It's ok, with all the stuff that has been added, I could care less if they put the new uniforms in.

# 114 TheLeviticalLawKid3 @ 06/09/10 10:43 PM
I'm lost. Does this work on offline dynasties?

I've done an online one with my brother and some guys that live in the same city as I do, but we're all big offline fans.

So does this grand time-waster work for that?

# 115 Solidice @ 06/09/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeviticalLawKid3
I'm lost. Does this work on offline dynasties?
no, but you can do a single player online dynasty.

# 116 BC2012 @ 06/09/10 11:13 PM
this may be a dumb question, but if I choose to do a single player online dynasty with just myself and the CPU in order to get these features, do I need xbox live gold or will the xbox live silver work since I won't be playing multiplayer?

# 117 HuskerFan @ 06/09/10 11:31 PM
Holy crap... this is unbelievable! I have wanted to do a dynasty reports since NCAA 2004 or 2005, but never had that much time, but now... wow. I just don't know what to say.... *PREORDERED*

# 118 tswiatkowski @ 06/09/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan
Holy crap... this is unbelievable! I have wanted to do a dynasty reports since NCAA 2004 or 2005, but never had that much time, but now... wow. I just don't know what to say.... *PREORDERED*
I second this Preordered opinion. Also, welcome to the Big Ten West lol

# 119 Lava @ 06/09/10 11:52 PM
Best feature since Online Dynasty itself, no doubt.

My jaw hit the floor as I read the article, well done EA.

# 120 jeremym480 @ 06/10/10 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner80
What? The ability to publish postgame stories/narratives? That was around back in 2004. A little game called 2k5. If it's anything like that, I'm definitely picking it up. I also want my Sports Illustrated Magazine covers back!!! (or ESPN). They were so random.
So you could do things like view your team standings, league leaders and generate your own story-lines on your CPU?
And you had the ability to add those stories to your console?
And you could upload highlights to your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts?
Plus do many other things that I haven't even mentioned?
You could do all of that with 2K5?
Awesome. I must of had a bad copy or something.

As far as the Sports Illustrated goes, I liked it to but, to me that seems so Last-Gen compared to Dynasty Wire.

Quote:
With Dynasty Wire, it's a collection of all of these stories that have happened in your dynasty. So every game that gets played by a user, you have five photos that automatically get uploaded by the game as well as all of the stats for the game including player stats, team stats and the scoring summary. All of this gets uploaded and a story gets created about that game. You can then go in and not only edit the story however you want, you can add additional photos as well as up to five videos. Those will all be uploaded to the game as well, so when somebody wants to see what happened in the game, they can view all the stats, they can check out the photos and even watch the highlights of the game you just played. Then on the website, you can go in and edit the headline, the captions and the body so you can tell your side of the story. And that's really where the meat of this is. Now you have the ability to basically go in and play the role of journalist for your dynasty and talk about everything that happened.
Just Sayin.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.