Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Manage your school using the web in NCAA Football 11. Read all about it, at ESPN Videogames.

Quote:
"With "NCAA Football 09", EA Sports introduced football fans to their version of an online dynasty where gamers were able to play in a conference with up to 12 players, but managing your school had to be done through the console. This year, the team behind "NCAA Football 11" is finally taking the feature full-force to the Web, enabling gamers to log onto their dynasty anywhere they have access to the Internet, whether it's on a computer, iPhone, or even an iPad.

That's right, now if you an extra 20 minutes to kill at work (or if you just don't feel like working), you can log onto your team online, schedule a game, try to recruit that strong-armed quarterback for next season, and even write up a news story about how you destroyed Florida the night before and post the story to Facebook.

Talk about a productivity killer. "NCAA Football 11" is set to cost corporate America millions of dollars in lost time just so Dan from Palo Alto can try to convince some virtual running back that Stanford is the best place for him to high-step down the field next season.

But that's just the start of what EA has planned.

I recently had the chance to sit down with NCAA Football 11" producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry to get the inside scoop on the game's new online dynasty features.

Video highlights of a player's entire career? Team highlights that extend to 60 seasons? That's only just the beginning."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 CrimsonCream @ 06/10/10 12:31 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but can I do all this online stuff with an XBox Live Silver membership? I will only do a 1 player online dynasty.

# 122 BlueNGold @ 06/10/10 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCream
Pardon my ignorance, but can I do all this online stuff with an XBox Live Silver membership? I will only do a 1 player online dynasty.
No. You'd need Gold for that.

# 123 cowboykmoney @ 06/10/10 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeviticalLawKid3
I'm lost. Does this work on offline dynasties?

I've done an online one with my brother and some guys that live in the same city as I do, but we're all big offline fans.

So does this grand time-waster work for that?
Im with you on this ,But it looks like they left us offline lovers of the game out when it come to being able to do this. I feel like whats online should be offline and vis versa, So with that said Im hoping they have more news for the ones that dont play online.

# 124 jeremym480 @ 06/10/10 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPOMAN
Souns like something they did with madden 10.

# 125 BDawg35 @ 06/10/10 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
This is going to take over my life. I love it.
Werd!

My girlfriend is going to leave me by October, I just know it.

# 126 cowboykmoney @ 06/10/10 12:44 AM
Well in that statement they did say up to 60season and there was still more to come, So I hope they get down for us offline players and blow our minds with something big at E3..

# 127 jeremym480 @ 06/10/10 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboykmoney
Im with you on this ,But it looks like they left us offline lovers of the game out when it come to being able to do this. I feel like whats online should be offline and vis versa, So with that said Im hoping they have more news for the ones that dont play online.
I'm strictly a offline player and you're wrong about us being left out. You don't have to play anyone online. All you have to do is sign in and play franchise online against the CPU. Just like you normally would offline except your signed in. And you have to be online in order for all of you highlights and such to be uploaded to the web. So, I really don't see how anyone with an internet connection is left out here.

# 128 Exonerated @ 06/10/10 12:59 AM
time to sign up for a dynasty lolz.

# 129 cowboykmoney @ 06/10/10 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm strictly a offline player and you're wrong about us being left out. You don't have to play anyone online. All you have to do is sign in and play franchise online against the CPU. Just like you normally would offline except your signed in. And you have to be online in order for all of you highlights and such to be uploaded to the web. So, I really don't see how anyone with an internet connection is left out here.
Say bro thats all fine and dandy, But if thats how you feel about this news and it has you feeling like its the best thing going, Then good for you and all that feel like you. But my point is still made because its offline with me and so many others that buy this game as well, So Im just hoping they have more to give us as well to were the game mostly matter in the end of all this.

# 130 kkman187 @ 06/10/10 01:17 AM
Questions: How will recruiting sliders be handled when I recruit on the web in an online dynasty? Will the CPU still recruit at their given skill level set by the slider? Will recruiting be easier online or will it be an even system for both web and console?

Other than that, this is a great addition. Hopefully this and teambuilder 2.0 will extend the life of this game way longer than Ncaa 10.

# 131 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/10/10 01:21 AM
Quote:
This is great news, but my only concern is when it comes to things like conference invites and job offers. Things that add to the offline experience maybe not being available in an online dynasty. If that stuff is in online mode, then awesome. If not, then I'll still be running an offline D alongside my online one.

# 132 jeremym480 @ 06/10/10 01:37 AM
Quote:
Say bro thats all fine and dandy, But if thats how you feel about this news and it has you feeling like its the best thing going, Then good for you and all that feel like you. But my point is still made because its offline with me and so many others that buy this game as well, So Im just hoping they have more to give us as well to were the game mostly matter in the end of all this.
Yeah something else would be nice.

However, this is huge IMO. Reason being is because this is the first feature (outside of game-play features),pretty much ever that I can think of, that has positives for both offline and online gamers. The only other things that effects both groups is roster updates and patches.

Like I said before the only people who won't benefit from this are guys without internet connections in their homes and guys who choose not to use it. For guys like me, who sit at a computer 40 hours a week and dream about playing video games, this is huge news. I've been waiting on something like this since this generation of consoles have been released and it's finally here! I'm excited.

# 133 jeremym480 @ 06/10/10 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
This is great news, but my only concern is when it comes to things like conference invites and job offers. Things that add to the offline experience maybe not being available in an online dynasty. If that stuff is in online mode, then awesome. If not, then I'll still be running an offline D alongside my online one.
Yeah, I can't imagine coaching at a small school with out the hopes of getting a better job offer or invited to a better conference for for 60 years. That would kind of suck. Hopefully, they're in and we don't have anything to worry about.

# 134 J-Unit40 @ 06/10/10 01:56 AM
Sick! EA just keeps bringing it. What a cool feature/capability.

So many improvements in so many different areas, all in one year.

# 135 crusaderhoops10 @ 06/10/10 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Werd!

My girlfriend is going to leave me by October, I just know it.
My girlfriend is actually going to law school 2 hours away from me and I still have another semester left before I graduate, talk about a perfect situation!

Apparently, as long as I bring my laptop when I visit, I can take care of most of the 'chisin. Just need to plan it out that I have offseason and recruiting stuff to do on the visits

# 136 cowboykmoney @ 06/10/10 03:25 AM
Quote:
Yeah something else would be nice.

However, this is huge IMO. Reason being is because this is the first feature (outside of game-play features),pretty much ever that I can think of, that has positives for both offline and online gamers. The only other things that effects both groups is roster updates and patches.

Like I said before the only people who won't benefit from this are guys without internet connections in their homes and guys who choose not to use it. For guys like me, who sit at a computer 40 hours a week and dream about playing video games, this is huge news. I've been waiting on something like this since this generation of consoles have been released and it's finally here! I'm excited.
Yeah when we havent had anything even close to what we are getting in this years game I guess you are nothing but right on when you say its a big step for EA. I agree with you,Im just saying I really hope they add coaching changes to make it all realistic.

# 137 TheLeviticalLawKid3 @ 06/10/10 08:13 AM
Quote:
That's good, because I never play without signing in, usually because I play as a TeamBuilder (created D1-AA, now that's a challenge) team. So this works for me.

Thanks.

# 138 bry422 @ 06/10/10 09:19 AM
Great news, obviously... only problem I'll have is I won't be accessing any of this while at work. Damn web filtering software makes it hard to screw around on the web in any manner. I can't access any EA sites now and I don't expect to be able to access my dynasty.

But as others have mentioned... those of us who are married with a couple of youngs kids, accessing all the OD stuff via a laptop at home will be so amazing!

Recruiting from the kitchen table while kids are watching Spongebob on my big TV in the living room (preventing me for playing XBOX)?? Yes please!!

# 139 jeremym480 @ 06/10/10 09:27 AM
Quote:
Yeah when we havent had anything even close to what we are getting in this years game I guess you are nothing but right on when you say its a big step for EA. I agree with you,Im just saying I really hope they add coaching changes to make it all realistic.
Coaching changes would be great too! Especially if the coach brought their play-books with them *fingers crossed*

# 140 BDawg35 @ 06/10/10 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
My girlfriend is actually going to law school 2 hours away from me and I still have another semester left before I graduate, talk about a perfect situation!

Apparently, as long as I bring my laptop when I visit, I can take care of most of the 'chisin. Just need to plan it out that I have offseason and recruiting stuff to do on the visits
I would hate to doing my recruiting, or writing it down for a dynasty report, and my girlfriend gives me the "it's now or never" ultimatum at bed time.

Gonna be nice to do this ish on a computer on my own time when I don't have anything as important going on ... like when I'm at work.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.