Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

If you are having any issues viewing the video on OS, check our Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NINJAK2 @ 06/09/10 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/nba-elite-11/13322

Sounds better than it looks. I have a feeling the 'real time physics' isn't anything at all like the random engine in Backbreaker and is probably more just a better mo-cap system.

The graphics (in this early build at least) have not changed at all. Which is so disappointing given the gameplay changes in store. To me, control is great but the models and animation needed an overhaul. I've seen those dribble moves for years now EA...

Still too early to tell I guess. Appreciate the info though EA
Way too early Admiral. Give them some time bro.

# 2 bigeastbumrush @ 06/09/10 07:25 PM
So that's the "hockey guy". J/K

I really liked the 360, blocked shot by Durant and the mid-air adjusted shot. Looked good.

Not sure how it will feel but it did look good movement-wise.

As far as the player models go, they looked just like Live 10.

And umm...Brandon Jennings is left-handed...WTF?!?!?!?

# 3 dexvex @ 06/09/10 07:34 PM
It looks alright you can tell they still gotta good bit of work though. The jumpers look ugly *** hell though.....

# 4 blues rocker @ 06/09/10 07:36 PM
player interactions and collisions look way better and not as "suction-based." I like that the one guy tried to dunk over the defender and he plowed over him and knocked the defender over...in Live 10, the defender would've sucked into the defender and jumped into him rather then being knocked over. the collisions look much improved. unfortunately they still have the same ugly, deformed player models and weak cloth physics, but we probalby won't see an improvement in those areas until the next generation of systems.

# 5 funkysven @ 06/09/10 07:39 PM
I have got to say that this already looks better than Live 10 to me.

Obviously have to play the game but definitely will be watching for all the improvements.

With the new announcing team, this will bring some freshness. Just hope that the ESPN overlays etc are in and then I will be in heaven!

# 6 dexvex @ 06/09/10 07:52 PM
Didn't they say user controllable euro-steps if so there is gonna be alot of sick combos. I really like the flow of the animations too.Looks extremely promising but need to see 5 on 5.

# 7 K-oss @ 06/09/10 07:53 PM
I lol'd when Brandon Jennings shot right-handed, but that's besides the point. It looks good.......... so far

# 8 BiggD @ 06/09/10 07:59 PM
Is it me or does EA sports always pay out on there own product from last year to further hype the incoming game ???

i could swear i've heard all this before...

# 9 LingeringRegime @ 06/09/10 08:14 PM
Yeah, I think I heard the whole, "night and day" song and dance before.

I liked Live 10, I will be interested in seeing how this turns out. Like the idea of the skill based shot system. The physics seem promising. Not sure that it will live up to what they are saying though.

# 10 SageInfinite @ 06/09/10 08:30 PM
I'm gonna need something better than that.

# 11 Ermolli @ 06/09/10 08:31 PM
I liked how fluent the moves were and how the pysics worked

# 12 Jamin23 @ 06/09/10 08:34 PM
I don't take much from that video with it being the first video. I am going to wait until I see more down the road to judge the game.

# 13 jtownboy15 @ 06/09/10 08:49 PM
I know it's early, but this is a first day purchase for me. If the 5v5 gameplay is as smooth as the 1 on 1 we saw in the video Elite is gonna be great.

# 14 myownsun @ 06/09/10 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'm gonna need something better than that.
Agreed

# 15 noshun @ 06/09/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Agreed
Agreeing with you, who agrees with Sage. Jennings is lefty....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Yeah, I think I heard the whole, "night and day" song and dance before.
I will be interested in seeing how this turns out. Like the idea of the skill based shot system. The physics seem promising. Not sure that it will live up to what they are saying though.
They have said the night and day since 06.. but I agree with you here as well.

# 16 ehh @ 06/09/10 09:15 PM
Errr, yeah considering it's early June this video has me impressed. Durant dunking on Jennings alone, thank the f'n lord! No bad contact animation, no tiny 6' guard, standing still, stopping a 6'9 guy coming at him with a full head of steam dead in his tracks.

The last two clips of Jennings messing with the "EA Stick", those animations looked great. Jennings beating Durant with the spin move was nice too, no stupid sliding/recovery from the D.

Jennings being righty and not having his sig shot (one of the best in '10) doesn't concern me, I'm sure that'll come in down the line.

# 17 RayDog253 @ 06/09/10 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Errr, yeah considering it's early June this video has me impressed. Durant dunking on Jennings alone, thank the f'n lord! No bad contact animation, no tiny 6' guard, standing still, stopping a 6'9 guy coming at him with a full head of steam dead in his tracks.

The last two clips of Jennings messing with the "EA Stick", those animations looked great. Jennings beating Durant with the spin move was nice too, no stupid sliding/recovery from the D.

Jennings being righty and not having his sig shot (one of the best in '10) doesn't concern me, I'm sure that'll come in down the line.
This, especially the highlighted area.

# 18 ScoobySnax @ 06/09/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

This.

# 19 Altimus @ 06/09/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

This.

I'm interested it what he mentioned about shooting and how in other games it's about luck more than skill but in Elite 11 it will be skill. How will it be any different than previous versions? From 2K to NBA Action '95. As of now it's release point, plus all the different ratings and defense. Curious to see how that has changed.

# 20 funkysven @ 06/09/10 09:39 PM
after seeing this video, it is going to be a long wait til October. Cant wait to see some footage from e3. Hopefully this will show some in game action with 5 on 5.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.