Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

If you are having any issues viewing the video on OS, check our Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/11/10 11:53 AM
hmmmm......interesting to a point. I have to wait and see 5 on 5 interaction first.

# 142 KG @ 06/11/10 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Because it's a work in progress
LOL

That is one thing that I hope real-time physics addresses and it sounds like it will at least attempt to do so. I felt like both EA bball games in 2010 (and come to think about it, FIFA & NCAA10) were way to herky jerky with their animations, especially when contact was initiated.

# 143 NINJAK2 @ 06/11/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Sorry rock. I immediately responded to a post that I felt like responding to and didn't realize you responded with the exact same post earlier.lol

# 144 rockchisler @ 06/11/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Sorry rock. I immediately responded to a post that I felt like responding to and didn't realize you responded with the exact same post earlier.lol
Its all good Great minds think alike...

# 145 dexvex @ 06/11/10 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Its hilarious how people are screaming "calm down, its early" when a person has something the least bit negative to say about the game footage as if we are supposed to look at the video stoically. Closed mouths dont get fed.

Personally that video did more harm for me than it did good. The animations were sub par, the blending from one move to another left alot to be desired and not a single move looked life-like. I was really looking forward to this game ( especially with the broadcast team) but EA has an amazingly short leash with me, and after seeing that video, I believe their claim that Elite will have everything based off physics like I believe the 'Protak' in Madden takes into account height, weight and momentum as they promised.

The footage is early, i get that, but what was shown would theoretically be the equivalent of a tech demo if im not mistaken, and the tech didnt even impress me. When I saw the blogs about the tech for the route running in Madden (even though it didnt make it in), the tackling in Backbreaker, the grazing punches in Fight Night and the environmental destruction of some FPS at E3, i knew that the games needed more much more polish but I could see the promise of the technology. At this point in time, i cant say the same here.
cool story bro....

What we saw was not in the very least a tech demo. Idk what but your post seems to come off as trolling and looking at your post history sorta confirms those suspicions..........

# 146 dexvex @ 06/11/10 05:00 PM
Quote:
Tell me detective, what about my post history suggests that im trolling?

And I like that "Cool Story Bro" thing.. did you come up with that all by your self or did you see thousands of other people doing it on forums and think that it was ingenious? Surely it wasnt the latter because it would shatter my faith in your originality. I would be heart-broken.

And if its not to be judged as legitimate gameplay, and not simply a tech demo, that what is it, and what purpose does it serve being displayed might I ask?
Idk maybe how you seem to leave harsh comments in every EA thread while you seem to have high praise in the 2k threads. IDK And how nice of you trying to attack my originality from a internet forum post you most be a real scholar.

Anyway the purpose as blackflash stated is to share the vision of what the team is trying to do not close to being a concrete tech demonstration, as the community guys have already stated they are not where they wanna be with the implementation.

I have no problem with you not liking/buying the game but your post just screams out an obvious agenda.........

# 147 dexvex @ 06/11/10 05:27 PM
Quote:
Odd that you claim that I leave nothing but praise in 2k threads when i have a 470 page thread dedicated to improvements that can be made to NBA 2k's gameplay, and i recently said that the 3 man broadcast team that EA added was a good addition lmao. Bravo.

And attack your originality? You mean to tell me you didnt come up with that quip all by your self?

And to share, would be to demonstrate, and their vision is one of real-time physics technology. So he wanted to demonstrate the technology. No?
Oh you commented that the announcers are a good addition I guess that just offsets the garbage you just came in here and posted amirite?

Real time physics is only the means to which they want to accomplish their vision.And maybe you don't understand how tech demos work but no that is not one. A real tech demo would actually show the in and outs of the tech not just one player running around and jumping. Since I'm goin to ea's presser I should probably get to see the real tech demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
While the meat and potatoes have yet to be added, understanding the vision where we want to take the game is important for everyone to understand. As we show you more of the game in the coming months you will begin to understand the direction that the development team are taking the game as well you will see more of the changes that have gone into ELITE compared to last year.
If you're goin to troll at least wait until you see something concrete

# 148 Live_4real @ 06/11/10 05:38 PM
This video only goal, is to prove what their expectations are, and they made a video that shows smoother movement, where the player has total control on what they are doing

There were no graphic mention, and as you saw Jennings was dunking like he was Jordan , meaning no player ratings were true to the real player (+ the right handed shooting)

It was all about movement, smoothness, and EA wanting all the Basketball fans to know, that they are listening to what the Community demand out of a bball game

People say that EA is all about HYPE, but actually this video goes against that theory, they could easily, put Crowd, and referees with flashy commentating, just so that the Hype machine would start rolling, but no, simple video, with people explaining goals for this year Elite

I prefer these videos, simple, with people talking about movement and control goals for the game, without showing the best graphic flash special effects that they could easily do, WHY??? Because this video is all about CONTROL with real time physics

I am not saying that EA is not a hype machine, all I am saying is that they should not hype no more bball games, because they know, that right now they have to prove, again, that they are the best in the busnizzz, because Live fans that were addicted to the series since the Ps2, are not just basketball fans, they are Hardcore basketball fans, so hype will not be in the game, itīs about final product

PeAcE

# 149 dexvex @ 06/11/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
ooo such language, guess i wasn't complementary enough for you, thats unfortunate. I cant believe you called my post garbage, that hurt, come here, lets hug it out.

lmao EA's history says otherwise:

If you can't tell the difference between that and the video in question you are either horribly misinformed or intentionally trolling, if its the latter you are pretty sad.

# 150 23 @ 06/11/10 05:58 PM
First of all that post was hardly trolling and if it was you're better off reporting the poster to the mods than to try to take thing into your own hands.

I happen to agree with what he said because people have come on a message board telling others not to speak their opinions on what they see, which is asinine. Its a message board not a board dedicated to the end all be all of everything.

Furthermore everyone has their own opinions so please respect that without turning the conversation off topic or into flaming other posters because of it.

# 151 SageInfinite @ 06/11/10 06:05 PM
Quote:
Its hilarious how people are screaming "calm down, its early" when a person has something the least bit negative to say about the game footage as if we are supposed to look at the video stoically. Closed mouths dont get fed.

Personally that video did more harm for me than it did good. The animations were sub par, the blending from one move to another left alot to be desired and not a single move looked life-like. I was really looking forward to this game ( especially with the broadcast team) but EA has an amazingly short leash with me, and after seeing that video, I believe their claim that Elite will have everything based off physics like I believe the 'Protak' in Madden takes into account height, weight and momentum as they promised.

The footage is early, i get that, but what was shown would theoretically be the equivalent of a tech demo if im not mistaken, and the tech didnt even impress me. When I saw the blogs about the tech for the route running in Madden (even though it didnt make it in), the tackling in Backbreaker, the grazing punches in Fight Night and the environmental destruction of some FPS at E3, i knew that the games needed more much more polish but I could see the promise of the technology. At this point in time, i cant say the same here.
Good Post.

# 152 dexvex @ 06/11/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
-They all compare and contrast

-They are all outside of a full game setting

-They all have a maximum of 2 players active

-They are all light on technical details

-They are all very early representations of what they aim to accomplish

-They are all by EA

-They are all demonstrating new supposedly new technology

-They are all being shown to the public

That sure is a lot in common. How about you point out to me these great differences, aye pal?
Maybe that they are shown when all the new tech is actually implemented?

# 153 dexvex @ 06/11/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
First of all that post was hardly trolling and if it was you're better off reporting the poster to the mods than to try to take thing into your own hands.

I happen to agree with what he said because people have come on a message board telling others not to speak their opinions on what they see, which is asinine. Its a message board not a board dedicated to the end all be all of everything.

Furthermore everyone has their own opinions so please respect that without turning the conversation off topic or into flaming other posters because of it.
As I said I don't care because he don't like the game but his agenda can be seen from a mile away and I called him out on it. I will stop but I'm just letting him know he isn't fooling anybody......

# 154 23 @ 06/11/10 06:19 PM
Its hard to like or dislike something that isnt even out yet and compared to the way things have gone on in here, not even shown what it really is.

All people can do is comment on what has been shown. I dont think all of the police protection is necessary.

For all the guys that saw an much later build, thats fine, if its good people will be surprised and pleased, but as of right now there is a video Electronic Arts released to the public and all of the dont judge comments and stuff were totally against what a message board is all about.

# 155 dexvex @ 06/11/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Meh, sorry, thats not the case, that particular tech didnt make it into Madden in that form and is being shown in March when the game comes out in August. Thats 5 months away, kinda like the 5 month difference between now and October . And that Live footage also happens to be from June.

Swing and a Miss.

well this will be my last reply on this subject because i have more than proven my point, and I want to try to keep things on topic. Cheers
In game dev shown in june != made in june. You have no idea when in the dev cycle that madden footage is nor do you know in this case so there is no comparison to be made. But yea the argument is moot and I have some e3 work to do

# 156 23 @ 06/11/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
I have some e3 work to do
Enjoy man, I hope it turns out much better than we all think.

# 157 BiggD @ 06/11/10 06:35 PM
Why can't we be friends...why can't we be friends....

# 158 econoodle @ 06/11/10 06:36 PM
I am excited for this.
I hung with Live for a bit last year before all the bugs and warts shone through.

This year I am ready to buy BOTH if all plays out well.

I always felt live had something i couldnt put my finger on that kept me into it, even while 2k was doing their thing.

Excited.

# 159 dexvex @ 06/11/10 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Its hard to like or dislike something that isnt even out yet and compared to the way things have gone on in here, not even shown what it really is.

All people can do is comment on what has been shown. I dont think all of the police protection is necessary.

For all the guys that saw an much later build, thats fine, if its good people will be surprised and pleased, but as of right now there is a video Electronic Arts released to the public and all of the dont judge comments and stuff were totally against what a message board is all about.
Im not against bad comments against any game because lets face it how is any game gonna get better without criticism. What I take issue with is some of the posts on here that try to push the agenda that EA is trying to gimmick/trick consumers when I have met several of their employees and know that this is the polar opposite of the truth. As I'm sure you know forums sway alot of perception which speads down to the consumer and OS is a very respected sports forum and if the general consensus is that EA are crooks that will spread like wildfire. Yes they market there games but its the consumers job to research and not buy just because of what the box says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Enjoy man, I hope it turns out much better than we all think.
Really? with the new hardware(3DS,Natal,Move) and games(Cry2,Gears of War,Killzone) everybody around here seems ecstatic. Anybody from this site goin?

# 160 23 @ 06/11/10 06:50 PM
Actually Im not sure, probably a couple of the staff writers but thats it. I'd gladly go if I could get an OS pass, but I dont think its that simple.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.