Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Phil Frazier has just posted another Madden NFL 11 blog. Here is a quote that should generate a TON of comments.

Quote:
"To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 da ThRONe @ 06/12/10 04:45 AM
I would love for the pre-season to mean something again. I want position battles ,OTA's ,mini camps and cut days. And can we please get practice squads.

# 242 rooney8 @ 06/12/10 05:09 AM
Like I said before this is great news.
The only thing that worries me is if something changes in their priorities to overhaul franchise mode next year.

# 243 Tweeg @ 06/12/10 05:15 AM
I can't wait until a year from today when we get to hear about the core gameplay improvements for Madden 12. Then there will be a special dedication to revamping franchise mode in Madden 13. You guys wait this will be awesome!

# 244 Fresh Prince @ 06/12/10 05:36 AM
Typical EA. Shame on us for expecting better. That is all.

# 245 Nev @ 06/12/10 05:51 AM
Online Franchise is the only reason I'm still playing this game, without it I would have traded this game back in 09!

I wasn't really expecting anything major to happen to it but I at least thought some kind of off-season would be added. When it was announced last year, Ian Cummings said the good thing about Online Franchise was that its server based so there would be no need for a patch, they could update it on the fly.
He also said that a salary cap would be added later in the year but that never came. Now we find out that nothing is gonna happen to it in M11?!?!

Bit disappointed in this news but at least the gameplay is gonna be the best Madden has ever seen.... Right?

# 246 Icarus2k9 @ 06/12/10 05:53 AM
Okay....not the best news in the world....

Just please say to get Franchise to at least an intriguing level, they've hidden progression and fixed IR, right? Hidden progression is the most basic on/off option ever, and working IR is beyond vital to roster management and the mode in general. That'll at least (if the injury/stat improvements are true) give me a decent season mode that will have to be HEAVILY dependent on the new presentation to keep interest up.

If you're going to claim yet again that franchise / superstar mode will get fixed next year, give us those two goodwill gestures. And then actually revamp it. If it's going to take more than a year, and they haven't started putting things in yet (suggested by the 'give us your ideas' comment that must have stung like hell for anyone heavily involved in last year's community feedback process) then we're facing the very very real prospect of it having to be a next-next gen feature.

Because however honest and open they've been (and props for that, although it's obvious from the Developer videos you could have told us all this back in at least April, probably beginning of the year), it's starting to feel like they are stalling for time. Josh Looman's pretty much been brought on for MUT full-time the moment they realised how poor the current franchise structure is.

And the sad thing? However much we like to say everyone really cares about franchise, not online, their marketing figures say otherwise. You can see it with every other game franchise ever. They are looking for Fifa's crown, and the whole success of Fifa has been endless play now online and bare-bones online leagues for friends. Yes, most people play franchise. But as Fifa's shoddy Manager Mode has proved, most people don't care about it being hyper-complex or involving.

People are claiming with this news, watch the sales plummet. But Fifa's would have gone south by now on that logic, because MM is really poor. Yet it's strangely selling as strong as ever, if not stronger, and it's not like the ping-pong, speed wins, cheesefest online brand of football they peddle is realistic, so don't say "B....B.....B.....BUT GAMEPLAY"

Madden will sell more this year if people like the idea of 3 on 3 and perks. If not, it'll sell the same. Until that changes, franchise guys will ALWAYS have to just sit and hope EA throws them a bone one year.

# 247 J Masta J @ 06/12/10 06:05 AM
I won't be buying '11. But if they're telling the truth about next year, then it sounds like '12 will be a first day purchase. THAT IS, if they're telling the truth, which at this point, is a huge "if." Wasn't Madden 11 supposed to be the year of Franchise mode?

# 248 wangtangkiki @ 06/12/10 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Oh and I also forgot that the ite breakers in Online Franchise were decided on alphabetical order. So if you used a team like the Vikings, Titans, Ravens or even Saints, you were pretty much screwed if you finished the season in a tie with anybody. I can remember one instance in the online franchise I'm in where I finished the season at 10-6 as did the Panthers user, furthermore, I beat him 2 times durring the regular season, yet he makes the playoffs and wins the divison over me because he has a team that starts with the lett "P." What kind of BS is that EA? Inexcusable. I have never been an EA basher the farthest thing from it. However, they are starting to push me closer and closer to that virtual cliff ledge. There is only so much someone can take. As well as shallow promises before the gullibility weares off. I have purchased Madden 1st day, and in the case of lastyear even a week early every year for the past decade. Madden 11 will end that streak as it will most likely be a rent 1st for me via GameFly.
ROFL, You didn't know? Where have you been? The NFL changed all tiebreakers to alphabetical by team's mascot names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Sufice it to say, that the 2k fan boys were probably right. [insert vometing animation here]
I wasn't a fan boy of 2k, but I agree with all of the people that try to get the news out there that Madden is not a realistic game. No one ever listens. Several ratings do not work.. The fix to everything is always next year.. Oh well.. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. At least they didn't blame any of their shortcomings on someone or something that was not their fault. O WAIT... they did didn't they? They blamed it on bad coding.. damn..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
um...false.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0672990-a.html

360+ votes and 77% say they care most about franchise modes.

i know this doesn't speaking on the entire sports gaming community but it speaks volumes as to what the average sports gamer actually plays in my opinion. personally, me & my friends care way more about franchise than online also.
lol.. This site has frequently been referred to as a "hardcore" community. Casual gamers don't play franchises. That takes too long. Casual gamers want touchdowns and big hits !! They want to be the Vikings and play against the Rhein Fire and throw TDs to Moss.. Oh wait, it's not 2005.. I mean they want to be the Vikings and throw TDs on every play to Sidney Rice because that makes it "fun." Casual gamers are definitely the most targeted demographic of this game.

# 249 wangtangkiki @ 06/12/10 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Thanks Val...lol, good luck w/ that....
EA has lost a ton of respect on the Madden front, but also in the trust/believe area dealing with majority of their games. While the Madden devs are at least appearing to try, the EA leadership has blown it too many times with the terrible quality of several released games, the patty cake approach to "developing" games, and the approach to selling these "games" (so don't even qualify or warrant $60, but advertising will sell almost anything). This is actually a good sign from the Tiburon team, at least to me...though people have a right to be upset, they really shouldn't be, high quality games don't happen overnight, patience guys, remember what this gen started with?? We gotta get out of the hole first, and now it seems they have the right guys in the right places.

btw...What do you mean, "You people"???
I don't know if they have the "right guys in the right places." They don't seem passionate at all about their jobs. They seem like they just want to hurry and get those developer series interviews over.. It's like they are asleep and talking to the presenter. The PRESENTER is more excited than the developers.. and the PRESENTER is apart of game development with it too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyland
clearly EA has run out of ideas on how to sell this tired series.
Yep.. and the stupid thing is that they are working on gimmicks and flashy things that don't actually help the gameplay.. By gameplay, I don't mean playcalling or hand towels that your players don't even use.. When I say gameplay, I mean when I hike the ball.. That.. Not the cut scenes in between gameplay. They have yet to realize that this game would be much better if it followed the laws of physics.

I know that there wouldn't be 350,000 people that get online once then never get on again if they patched disconnection glitches. I know of several disconnect glitches that aren't fixed. I know exactly what causes people to disconnect when they have their field goal blocked, but it's not fixed yet. They need to fix the experience we have online while also fixing the basic gameplay that is very much lacking in Madden.

I really wish I could get an enjoyable football game with real physics. I want to have my WR/DB interactions to be REAL. If I'm on All-Madden skill level, I want my WRs to actually be able to get off the press. If I'm using the All-Madden skill level, I want ratings to work. They don't in certain situations.. like the press rating has no effect on All-Madden. No matter the ratings, they have 99 press.. WR Release ratings are 12.. They will not get off the press until the 3 second animation ends..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
why do they keep focusing on online??? I dont do online franchise our any other online stuff and yet that seems to be their focus every year.. When will the offline gamers get respect?? I want more depth in offline franchise I hate all this new online dynasty, franchise crap....
Online mode gets them extra customers. They want to take advantage of the consumer. Ask Peter Moore. He's said it himself. He wants to get as many purchases from us as possible. Madden Ultimate Team was a cash grab.. It's in other games too. I think it's in FIFA.. FIFA Ultimate Team.. They will probably have UFC Ultimate Team [which is a funny name for a solo sport.. UFC Ultimate Fighter? Already taken.. omg.. whats next?].. Just a Ultimate Team for all of their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
This is why I have a certain resentment toward online and tournament players. I don't dislike them, but I do resent them because they're the reason this is all happening. More or less.
Trust me.. Tournament players do not enjoy these ****ty new features they add online.. Online Co-op? No tournament player enjoyed that POS.. 3v3 will fail like CoOp has..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
I'm really getting sick of having to take a back seat (as an offline gamer) to all this online dynasty, franchise etc. crap... The reason everyone loved ESPN NFL 2k5 was because it had such a deep and fun offline franchise..heck it didnt even have any of this new online crap and people still prefer it over all the new online stuff. Why? because offline franchise (done well) is more addictive than a stupid online dynasty and online league that is boring after like a couple weeks!!!
You don't provide them with extra profit. EA is trying to make as much money as they can.. If they can get a little extra profit by selling you MUT Coins then they will.. If you haven't heard, they added a new scouting system for online.. You use Madden Coins to scout your opponent.. You can of course buy Madden Coins with real money. They are trying to expand the game for profit. Sorry How can you play against a CPU? Especially with Madden's poor AI.. I would hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
Well atleast the Meadowlands will host the Superbowl in 2014 in the game.
ROFL I KNOW RIGHT!!??! I CAN'T WAIT!

# 250 Exonerated @ 06/12/10 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
NCAA 11 it is!

UNF*##$@!%$-BELIEVEABLE!

Every optimistic "EA will save it for E3" guy needs to get off the EA (Madden) wagon RIGHT NOW.
NCAA 11 is looking awesome.

# 251 aTTckr @ 06/12/10 08:11 AM
Does anybody know what happened to that footage Ian recorded and wanted to release friday?

# 252 prime21time37 @ 06/12/10 08:13 AM
already knowing nothing in the world is perfect, all i can say is i hope the gameplay is MUCH improved. we have been saying they need to fix the core problems instead of adding on to the game, and it seems thats what they are shooting at. if the franchise stats are fixed and they made some draft adjustments then the mode should hopefully get us by if the gameplay is what i hope it to be. broken stats was one of the most griped about problems in '10. so any improvement should make the game better. im not an online player but face it guys, its 2010, not 1985. thats where the improvements are gonna be seen in practically every game. i just hope '12 will blow us away and that they fix the gameplay issues this year. i dont think it will be as bad as we think. plus if they wouldve announced an all new franchise mode this year, there would be 30 pages of posts that gameplay shouldve been fixed first. we all know that. so take it for what it is and enjoy it as best as you can. because we are all buying it no matter what.

# 253 Step2001 @ 06/12/10 08:13 AM
Was not happy when I heard the news last night. After 12 hrs. I have chilled........

I'm keeping my pre-order!

The Cowboys drafting Dez Bryant played a role! A $39.99 game update (rosters & announcers with game tweaks and franchise tweaks)!

# 254 ZoneKIller @ 06/12/10 08:29 AM
^^39.99 dollar game? thought it was 59.99?

Uahhh ,I was really hoping this was a nightmare,,,but I wake up and its still here.

So what has Looman done since 10 came out.Work on those cards?

I really cant believe they add in Gameflow and Gameplan and nothing to Franchise.
What ever happened to those easy updates for Online Franchise.I thought they could update it anytime becaue it was diff than NCAA's Dynasty?

I could tell Phil why no one played Online Franchise( I played till I got to the offseson and found out its practically a Online Leadue)
But I think alot of other people have already done that.

I really cant believe this is happenning .REALITY CHECK! really sinking in.Im just lost about Madden,If Im purchasing it or not.Geez I dont even know how to explain myself.

I mean wasnt this the year for FRANCHISE?! Didnt they tell us that 10 would be the building the foundation game for Franchise ? Hate is a strong word.But man whoever said theres a thin line between love and hate wasnt kidding

# 255 countryboy @ 06/12/10 08:31 AM
wished they were adding new things to franchise (practice squads, preseason roster cutdowns, etc...), but am fine with the direction they are seemingly taking. No matter how deep or robust franchise mode is, if the gameplay on the field is severely lacking, then it makes the robust franchise all for not.

Not that to start a comparison trend, but I can't help but remain optimistic since this is the same approach SCEA took with The Show and its franchise mode, at least thats how I view it. They tweaked the franchise they had in place until the game on the field was, well, where they wanted it as a whole. After that, they added features to the franchise mode to make it as robust as it is now.

# 256 Step2001 @ 06/12/10 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
^^39.99 dollar game? thought it was 59.99?

A couple of months ago the EA store had a code available to where you could get $20 off the purchase of Madden 11 and NCAA 11 (using the code for each seperatley)! They also chipped in Free Shipping!

I don't care that it might take a week or two.......For $20 off, I'll wait! Plus, both games will probably need to be patched.

# 257 huskerwr38 @ 06/12/10 08:53 AM
I'm really shocked at the timing of this news. Why would they announce that they aren't adding new features to franchise before E3 and say they are building it from the ground up for Madden 12? It makes zero sense and just about kills the excitement for Madden 11 and for E3. I was looking forward to E3 to hear about franchise, as I'm sure most people were. There is nothing to look forward to for E3 at all.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.