Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Phil Frazier has just posted another Madden NFL 11 blog. Here is a quote that should generate a TON of comments.

Quote:
"To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mm boost @ 06/11/10 02:51 PM
Ya'll scared the ever loving **** out of me...reading the posts before the article, I was expecting to read that they REMOVED Franchise all together.

Quote:
While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be.
I am completely 110% happy with this. I don't see the big deal, my only gripes were presentation and stats being incorrect. Not much else to change to make the game fun/enjoyable to me.

# 22 ch46647 @ 06/11/10 02:52 PM
If gameplay and presentation truly took a huge leap now would be a great time for Ian to show that HD gameplay capture he has. OS, and Madden forums across the web are going to explode upon hearing this news.

# 23 G-Men_in_Mass @ 06/11/10 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Exactly! I like that they are making sure presentation and gameplay are really, really good, before touching franchise mode. Having said that, the gameplay and presentation better be excellent!

Did I miss something? Where do they say presentation will be any differnt from last year??

# 24 ChampN252 @ 06/11/10 02:56 PM
I haven't really gotten into any Madden lately, because I mainly do SS mode. Hearing that they are going to redo it from the ground up will almost make it a absolute buy for me. I had M10 and couldn't stand the problems it had. I played it maybe two week. If M11 fixes those, I may actually play it.

# 25 at23steelers @ 06/11/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Did I miss something? Where do they say presentation will be any differnt from last year??
I was referring to the commentary, the added playoff excitement, the songs during the games, and the crowd cheers.

# 26 mm boost @ 06/11/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
This place cracks me up over and over people have said if EA was just straight up with us and said something isn't going to be in the game just say it well they did. also everything that seemed to bother us also has been fixed from 10 so they are saying 12 is going to be what a franchise should be. I can live with that, but that just me

The even MORE ridiculous part of this is, I've seen NUMEROUS people whine and cry that they should make this game every 2 years so that it has more features and everything is fixed...um...so they got their wishes, and yet there is still all the bitching. I am perfectly fine with this game....upgraded audio, commentary, graphics, controls, stats, injuries, presentation...all of the things that makes football...football has been fixed. I think this year's game is gonna rock.

# 27 G-Men_in_Mass @ 06/11/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I was referring to the commentary, the added playoff excitement, the songs during the games, and the crowd cheers.

Ok ok sorry, You were talking about in-game..

# 28 mm boost @ 06/11/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
that has been their focus all along, where have you been hermit? Upgraded audio, commentary, showing players get off the bus before the game, tail gaters, fans in the stands, etc. That is all presentation!

# 29 rooney8 @ 06/11/10 02:58 PM
I am a huge franchise guy. It's the #1 thing for me and I love what I am hearing. They have been messing about with this horroble code for years and finally they are gonna rebuild it which is what we have all been calling for.
I would much rather a great franchise mode in M12 which can be built upon then the current franchise mode which they can't do anything with.
Great news for franchise guys.

# 30 myownsun @ 06/11/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
This place cracks me up over and over people have said if EA was just straight up with us and said something isn't going to be in the game just say it well they did. also everything that seemed to bother us also has been fixed from 10 so they are saying 12 is going to be what a franchise should be. I can live with that, but that just me
Agreed, but the gameplay had better be sublime if so then i can wait another year for a franchise blowout, hell i haven't (really)played an EA football since madden 05 last gen so m11's chise mode should be enough keep me going.

# 31 TheWatcher @ 06/11/10 03:00 PM
Well, like I said before and was of course attacked and called a liar for stating this fact (what's new?)... franchise is not one of their top market targets (money-makers) and hasn't been all generation, if not longer. I was told what their top money-makers are by an EA official, and franchise is not one of them. They're not basing their decisions to make franchise upgrades just on some website polls from sites that would attract hardcore franchise players. It doesn't work that way. They have structured systems and procedures in place to collect data from a number of sources offline and on, and they determine what's going to get the top and/or back-of-the-box heavily marketed feature attention, based on that data the same as any other game franchise would.

After 5 years, really, none of this should come as a shock. If anything, online franchise in Madden 10 was more than likely a big reach for them, they looked at the data from that, and probably decided against doing any major moves there either, hence the message they've put out.

Thing is, this is not going to phase them a bit. Madden 11 will outsell Madden 10 and not miss a beat in the sales department, you can bet on that.

# 32 rangerrick012 @ 06/11/10 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
The even MORE ridiculous part of this is, I've seen NUMEROUS people whine and cry that they should make this game every 2 years so that it has more features and everything is fixed...um...so they got their wishes, and yet there is still all the bitching. I am perfectly fine with this game....upgraded audio, commentary, graphics, controls, stats, injuries, presentation...all of the things that makes football...football has been fixed. I think this year's game is gonna rock.
Umm...they're still putting out Madden 11, aren't they?

# 33 aTTckr @ 06/11/10 03:04 PM
So this is EA's big announcement? They will improve Franchise in Madden 12? WOW... Don't get me wrong I like that they're being honest with us and if the gameplay is greatly improved I'd be more than happy with that. But I expected something a little better. I hope that gameplay footage from Ian is going to blow me away or I'll be disappointed and I have to ask myself what were they doing this whole year.
I hope M12 will be truely awesome, it's a little sad to say that before M11 even came out.

# 34 rangerrick012 @ 06/11/10 03:06 PM
Gotta love EA. Never too early to get that Madden 12 hype train started.

# 35 Hova57 @ 06/11/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Umm...they're still putting out Madden 11, aren't they?
he's not saying that the game should be made every two years. He's saying that other posters have said this.

# 36 Matt Diesel @ 06/11/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do.

I don't know but there's something about this sentence that just bothers me. Makes me feel taken advantage of. It's like what have you been doing since Madden 06?

Maybe "well over a year" means 7 years.

# 37 tef @ 06/11/10 03:08 PM
I think this is great news personally. Maybe now we can get some Head Coach features added to Madden. Franchise has sucked for years and now we are getting a commitment to fix the problems we have been complaining about.

# 38 ch46647 @ 06/11/10 03:08 PM
I guess this is what Adembroski meant when he said that he was dissapointed until he realized what was going on. (They are re-building things from the ground up piece by piece)

My problem is they had an entire year to focus mainly on presentation and gameplay. So far we have heard about locomotion, Gus johnson, catch de-bugging tool, crowd chants, and run blocking as the main re-writes for this year. I am very happy they fixed those things but if they had ALL year to focus on gameplay and presentation shouldnt they have MUCH more stuff?

We should have a full broadcast presentation (like NCAA), full half-time and postgame shows, PROGRESSIVE LIGHTING, WR/DB interaction, true pocket forming, ratings that matter, upgraded tackling and pro-tak, etc etc.

Maybe a lot of these things will come out at E3 but so far it just seems like they havent been doing much at all considering they put almost all their focus on presentation and gameplay....

# 39 rangerrick012 @ 06/11/10 03:08 PM
Quote:
he's not saying that the game should be made every two years. He's saying that other posters have said this.
Well doesn't that sort of validate that? They're saying they need over a year to add/improve a major part of the game.

# 40 RedZoneD25 @ 06/11/10 03:10 PM
FAIL.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.