Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Phil Frazier has just posted another Madden NFL 11 blog. Here is a quote that should generate a TON of comments.

Quote:
"To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 splff3000 @ 06/11/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
Good point, although I think everyone is still optimistic about getting an agreement in place. I think the deadline is March 2011 which would still give the devs enough time to tweak salary caps, a rookie cap, etc.
Yeah, but they said it takes more than a year to get it right so if the deal isn't done until say february, that only leaves a few months to get it in. That's why I said they should say it's for Madden 2013. If it truly does take over a year to implement, there is no way it could be done in time for next year, especially if they don't come to an agreement until later on.

# 82 they call me kevin @ 06/11/10 04:10 PM
Sure is nice to know they once again spent their time putting in stupid stuff like Gameflow and that Gameplan thing that will just end up being taken out next year when everyone ends up hating the hell out of them like they do every year instead of fixing the stuff people actually want.

# 83 Netherscourge @ 06/11/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I may have to amend my earlier comments about giving props to EA for being honest. After further thought, I don't think their motive is as pure as they would have us believe.

Think about it, it's actually a pretty smart move on their part. They know it's a big deal to the gaming community at large, and they know they'd get absolutely fried at E3 when it came out. So what do they do?

They admit it up front and take the heat now so that once E3 finally does arrive, they steer the conversation towards their marketing/talking points that THEY want to focus on, instead of franchise. Cause hey, "we've already made an announcement about that", right?

Pretty clever.

I don't think we need to create an ideas list for Phil though. Good grief, people have been creating these lists for years now.

So what are they going to do at E3? Show off Madden 12 features and cover up the "2" on the end of the game title? LOL

# 84 radatdude2 @ 06/11/10 04:13 PM
online franchise usage was among the lowest for any of our gameplay modes. Humm maybe one of the reasons for that was because there was a charge to use it. I just Hope Gameplay is great not good but great that will over shadow many other short comings.

# 85 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
It's not "maybe next year" anymore. It's "maybe the year after next" now lol

Wait a minute, aren't they announcing some new online mode tonight on spike TV. So, let me get this straight, they have enough time and resources to create a new mode, but they don't have enough time to work on franchise? WTF?
Excellent point ..

Problem everything is now 'Online' .. online has added to gaming, but has taken so much more from it, then it has given back ..

Screw online ..

# 86 cowboykmoney @ 06/11/10 04:14 PM
Bring on the vids baby Im waiting and yes both NCAA and MADDEN has been already paid in full so Im playing the hell out of both of thes games and have fun doing it. So I hope everybody can do the same and have some fun, Because no matter what we all still have to wait for MADDEN 12

# 87 jethrobag @ 06/11/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Doesn't matter if there's a player lock-out in 2011.

EA has a contract with the NFL to make a Madden game every year, no matter how crappy it is.

It's not contingent on anything the NFLPA does with the CBA.

In fact, the NFL would push for the game to keep coming out to keep interest in the game alive minus an actual NFL season.
No, it's got nothing to do with them making the game on an annual basis, what I was talking about was within the franchise mode. If they have no agreement on a salary cap, franchise tags, the draft, a rookie cap, then the devs would be guessing on how all the offseason stuff in franchise mode would work.

# 88 tyler289 @ 06/11/10 04:15 PM
Man, this is really disappointing news, especially considering the early videos of Madden 11 have not looked any better than Madden 10. I'll keep my eye on the news with the game but right now I'm a no-buy, especially if they didn't even fix the major issues with franchise (like IR).

# 89 jethrobag @ 06/11/10 04:16 PM
Quote:
Yeah, but they said it takes more than a year to get it right so if the deal isn't done until say february, that only leaves a few months to get it in. That's why I said they should say it's for Madden 2013. If it truly does take over a year to implement, there is no way it could be done in time for next year, especially if they don't come to an agreement until later on.
Yeah, I don't know how long it would take to implement a rookie salary cap for example, however, if they are going to re-write the franchise mode, they should start with the biggest undertakings first, like re-designing the draft, and randomizing the created rookies for example.

# 90 TDKing @ 06/11/10 04:19 PM
Quote:
It's not "maybe next year" anymore. It's "maybe the year after next" now lol

Wait a minute, aren't they announcing some new online mode tonight on spike TV. So, let me get this straight, they have enough time and resources to create a new mode, but they don't have enough time to work on franchise? WTF?

Its probably some lame azz co-op crap that like 5 people asked for.. it will flop!!! I said it before and I'll say it again CoOp won't work in a football game... Epic Fail!

# 91 SteelerSpartan @ 06/11/10 04:19 PM
I can see why EA doesn't want to send out review copies

The major gaming sites won't be able to pick up on some of these "Improvements"(still need to see if they actually work well) to gameplay....They're all about modes and fancy fluff IMO

So it will be imperative for them to focus in on the things they did improve otherwise they're likely to get some more mediocre scores

# 92 elsid13 @ 06/11/10 04:23 PM
The guys at EA might be good coders, but they suck when comes to program management and overseeing a not so complex project. With the resources they can have at their disposals they could have multiply teams working on fixing the issues, instead they seem to be wasting resources on side projects that don't add any value to the core product. What makes it worse is that they proved they had the ability to get franchise logic right with things like Head Coach.

So once again we will have 3/4 teams signing 240 pound DEs, CPU controlled teams dropping highly drafted 2nd year players to add FA for a injured 3rd string linebacker and drafting of fullbacks in the first round.

# 93 sniperhare @ 06/11/10 04:26 PM
This is why Madden should be done semi-annually so they can work on features over two years and release a DLC to test out new features.

Then again the devs should have been fired after Madden 07, but isn't it realistic to what happens in the NFL that GM's stay for 2-3 years longer after fans know they are garbage is repeated for game companies.

# 94 Finsfan46 @ 06/11/10 04:27 PM
As long as whatever Franchise mode is in Madden 11 works, I am kinda cool with whatever they do.....I just want it to work !

Do you have to rebuild Franchise to.............

Have a working IR ?

Accurate Simulated Stats ?

Give users FULL edit ability for offline Franchise ?

Improve schedule generator ?

I think the answer is NO, you dont have to rebuild as long as you fix stuff, or at least give the user the ability to fix stuff....
Do this and I will gladly play Madden 11 and wait for Madden 12 to see what EA comes up with !

# 95 Netherscourge @ 06/11/10 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
No, it's got nothing to do with them making the game on an annual basis, what I was talking about was within the franchise mode. If they have no agreement on a salary cap, franchise tags, the draft, a rookie cap, then the devs would be guessing on how all the offseason stuff in franchise mode would work.

There's no salary cap in the NFL THIS year.

What are they doing in Madden 11 about that? Just using 2009's cap again so they don't have to do any work to change it?

(I honestly dont know what they are doing, if anything for that this year. Just like they ignored the NFL's no-wedge rule on punts and kickoffs last year.))

# 96 cgalligan @ 06/11/10 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
I'm very happy they decided to focus on core gameplay this year, I just hope they are successful. I could care less about franchise since I have never touched it, however I feel for the guys that are die hard franchise players. They have to wait over a year to (potentially) finally get what they want, hopefully Madden 12 will be worth the wait for these guys.
HAHA

Core Gameplay??? Are you kidding me??? The Guys wouldn't know what Gameplay looked like if it slapped them in the face...

Its amazing how there are always at least 100 people on the "madden" section of OS, and yet, 75% of the threads are talking about what is wrong with the game...

WHY DO WE DO THIS EVERY YEAR?

JUST STOP BUYING IT... THATS THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE THE MADNESS STOP...

SAVE65.com...

# 97 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Well, at least the first Madden 12 blog is out.

....i also heard the first madden 13 blog will be out a week after madden 11 releases. But you might have to buy it off the marketplace for 400 microsoft points

# 98 TDKing @ 06/11/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Well, at least the first Madden 12 blog is out.

# 99 i c u cant stop me @ 06/11/10 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
well my decision is made. i will do what i was leaning towards and have been following since madden 08...skip a yr and alternate between ncaa and madden. ncaa 11 it is for me this year since madden was my choice for 10. i will continue on in my offline franchs and keep it moving.

now i dont even care about E3 announcements for madden cuz its gonna be some corny shizz we dont even want and will appeal to nobody...just like coop play of last year...i mean really?!? now the leak is saying 3 on 3 coop? they cant even keep a 1 on 1 game from lagging/random disconnnecting as is...like i really wanna be in a EA sports server game with 6ppl in it LOL!!! if it has nothing to do with using those nonexistant "easy server side adjustments" to OF, I DONT CARE.

all i can say is its too bad for their flagship title to be treated this way. i agree with spliff3000...if 350k ppl got online once and never again...how can they figure that online is the money maker? also like spliff said, what does he think theyre playing now they no longer go online?? dont take a rocket scientist from nasa to figure out. its not like we got a ton of game modes to divert to....and look at ncaa online/offline dynasty's success. thats what any logical person can point to when thinking bout keeping that disc in the tray longer. Ian and all the EA guys were playing that mess of a OF in madden '10, so they know good and well it was overall crap 1st hand.

i guess ill look at it this way, at least the gameplay improvements are in ncaa where they have a much better robust and interesting offline/online dynasty. this will more than enough take care of my football needs

i understand and respect the decision to hold off for franch til '12, but its so frustrating since were at next gen game #6. i have to think with 5 iterations and no real advancements to franch, they knew this area was lacking and couldve more efficiently taken care of this rewrite and used all the compiled data and feedback all over the net of the franchises shortcomings to make it work and get it back in '09. when u had a more robust mode on ps2/xbox than u do now...somethings way wrong IMO. u build upon, not take away...kudos to the honesty tho and not waiting around to deliver that sucker punch to the jaw. at least they walked right up and clocked us early....
You might wanna call nhl 10. 12 people in one game and it runs smooth...

# 100 Joborule @ 06/11/10 04:39 PM
Well...looks like I'll have to bust up a franchise mode wishlist now.

But I'm actually irritated that Salary Cap and CPU trade logic isn't added for online franchise. That's kinda unacceptable since it's been a full year they could do this.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.