Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has posted some hands-on impressions of the recently announced online co-op mode in Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"I spent a good bit of time with Online Team Play in Madden NFL 11, and while I didn't earn any of the boosts in my single game (I blame my co-op partner), I still had a blast playing the redesigned mode. It's miles better than last year's effort, and it finally seems like EA Sports has given players a reason to play together online as opposed to against one another. I will admit that playing as the quarterback is still the most fun of the offensives positions, but they've done a decent job of giving other players things to do (outside of playcalling, which will still be a little boring for those not playing as QB)."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RayAllen20 @ 06/12/10 12:10 PM
Yeah, they needed to bring Collinsworth and Gus in at the same time, like NBA 2K10 did. Then they could banter back and forth, instead of having them in at seperate times. I was excited for Madden 11 about a week ago, but not too much anymore, especially with franchise news.

# 22 Captain Obvious @ 06/12/10 12:11 PM
interestin the left end of the panthers always did a speed rush and always reached the Qb every play. if they did this for the RE as well i would say that the pocket is good. looks ok, hopefully next week well see

# 23 Deegeezy @ 06/12/10 12:22 PM
To hear that developer pimping the whole "earning attributes boosts" and "unlocking" this and that, just shows me why the progression of Madden over the years seems to have come to a halt.

No one cares about those things but 12 year old Johnny. When is EA going to learn that their target market consists of the same kids from back in the 90s who are all now in their 20s and early to mid 30s and don't care about those types of gimmicks.

# 24 SteelerSpartan @ 06/12/10 12:29 PM
I need to hear more, but my fears of them chopping up all of Gus's stuff might have come true

If thats true...then I feel the same way as the Clemson coach^^^ watching EA go for a easy slam dunk and then somehow screw it up

As for the gameplay....ehh again not much to go by....I want some lengthy straight up gameplay dag on it.

-Speed rush looked improved
-Nice Corner Catch(Hope It happens most of the time)
-Suh should have gotten better penetration being single blocked
-They just never going to be able to compete with 2ks animation and violent tackles

# 25 HealyMonster @ 06/12/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I need to hear more, but my fears of them chopping up all of Gus's stuff might have come true

As for the gameplay....ehh again not much to go by....I want some lengthy straight up gameplay dag on it.

-Speed rush looked improved
-Nice Corner Catch(Hope It happens most of the time)
-Suh should have gotten better penetration being single blocked
-They just never going to be able to compete with 2ks animation and violent tackles
Agreed, I am now officially concerned about their commentary. I did not like what I have heard thus far. They used Gus Johnson the same way they used Tom Hammond.

My mind is actually blown right now, I cannot fathom that these guys messed this up. OMG, how horrible would that be if they did this again.

# 26 myownsun @ 06/12/10 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

-
Agreed and LOL

# 27 djordan @ 06/12/10 12:40 PM
Wow same ole commentary. And wtf at attribute boosts? COME ON NOW!!!

# 28 MrSkagTrendy @ 06/12/10 12:43 PM
That first Vikings play should have sounded like this:

"1st down and 10, Favre in the shotgun, Peterson to his left. He's changing the play. Handoff Peterson/Adrian takes a huge hole up the middle and rumbles for 8 yards to the 46!"

# 29 Outkizast @ 06/12/10 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
To hear that developer pimping the whole "earning attributes boosts" and "unlocking" this and that, just shows me why the progression of Madden over the years seems to have come to a halt.

No one cares about those things but 12 year old Johnny. When is EA going to learn that their target market consists of the same kids from back in the 90s who are all now in their 20s and early to mid 30s and don't care about those types of gimmicks.
I agree with this statement 100%. I hear everyone on here talking about the commentary and whatnot, but as far as the actually co-op mode is concerned, I think they are making a mistake by adding "attribute boosts". I don't want the players I'm controlling to be better than they actually are in real life... I want the game to be REAL. If I'm controlling DHB for the game, I EXPECT to drop a lot of passes in any kind of traffic.... I should have to work harder with mediocre players... Anyways hopefully there will be an option to turn the attribute boosts off, but I doubt it...

Also, can you go online with 2 or 3 players on the same console and play others?? Doubt it too actually...

# 30 cowboykmoney @ 06/12/10 12:54 PM
I bet thats not the stuff they will show at E3, Beacuse thats whole vid was cutt up into differant segs. So lets hope that they want put out that stuff at release or the demo. I just waiting to readlly see some gameplay vids from Ian.

# 31 WSU151 @ 06/12/10 01:12 PM
Agree with everyone about the commentary being way too generic. It was generic with Hammond which is why he sucked, and now it sounds like it's going to suck with Gus Johnson. Way too many pronouns and way too choppy - "HE drops back, HE passes, HE makes the catch, THEY tackle HIM." Any line in that video could be used for the other 31 teams...and that's why it's just freakin' terrible. EA needs to add names so it sounds like a real football game! Every other good sports game does this, and EA is light-years behind.
And no commentary pre-snap?? Really??

# 32 poopie @ 06/12/10 01:22 PM
if the gameplay is better who cares about commentary after awhile even 2k5 got stale. the gameplay is what matters most .so far its just too early to tell imo.but i understand when the devs say this but u hear that..... Bummer

# 33 at23steelers @ 06/12/10 01:23 PM
That was probably the worst commentary I ever heard. There was 5 seconds between each statement. Being an optimistic person, I truly hope this was a pre-build, and not what will actually ship. I have a feeling it will be 500x's time better. It would be quite sad, to only focus on two things: gameplay and presentation and totally fail at one of them. You need both to be excellent, if those are the only two focal points for Madden 11.

# 34 gabs485 @ 06/12/10 01:40 PM
EA Developers are so mediocre that they manage to make Gus Johnson sound generic. EA needs to hire 2k5 developers, there's no hope in these guys.

BTW don't you guys think that the game looks awfully similar to Madden 10?

# 35 cowboykmoney @ 06/12/10 01:41 PM
Ive looked at the vid over and over and if you notice we only hear bits and pieces with gus . My take is that they have him saying things that they want us to wait to hear, Because you only hear small stuff then somthing else and it goes quite.

# 36 ch46647 @ 06/12/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
That was probably the worst commentary I ever heard. There was 5 seconds between each statement. Being an optimistic person, I truly hope this was a pre-build, and not what will actually ship. I have a feeling it will be 500x's time better. It would be quite sad, to only focus on two things: gameplay and presentation and totally fail at one of them. You need both to be excellent, if those are the only two focal points for Madden 11.
This X 10000

# 37 Ronnie brown23 @ 06/12/10 01:46 PM
2:53 nice speed rush by the DE. but i have no clue why they tackle makes no attempt to block him.

# 38 gabs485 @ 06/12/10 02:03 PM
No DB/WR interaction, which was promise of Madden 10.
Same Passing System
Same Tackle Animations
Nice Sideline catch except for the WR didn't even see the ball
In the Corner Blitz play, you know its a corner blitz before the snap just like last year because of the CB alignment.
Same Stances ( Man, after there was a thread with a zillion replies you think they would listen)

Not to bash or anything but, I want EA to give me a reason to buy this game othen than its the only one.

# 39 Nev @ 06/12/10 02:22 PM
I was a bit disappointed that franchise modes had taken a back seat to this 3-on-3 but after watching that vid im actually looking forward to it.

The only thing now is will there be any lag? FIFA does a pretty good job with its 10-on-10 games so this should be alright with 14 less players.

# 40 kjcheezhead @ 06/12/10 02:48 PM
Wow. The only thing Madden 11 had going for it imo was the possibility of Gus Johnson bringing the commentary to life. Guess this vid rules that out.

1.Barely any improvement to how commentary was delivered and no change to Collinsworth dialogue at all.
2.Locomotion non-existant.
3.Same bad glitchy rendering of the same tackle animations.
4.The camera pulled so far back on the passing plays I got a nose bleed.

Add to that no franchise improvements, even in online which has no salary cap or player contracts and...

Madden 11 = Madden 10.2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.