Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has posted some hands-on impressions of the recently announced online co-op mode in Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"I spent a good bit of time with Online Team Play in Madden NFL 11, and while I didn't earn any of the boosts in my single game (I blame my co-op partner), I still had a blast playing the redesigned mode. It's miles better than last year's effort, and it finally seems like EA Sports has given players a reason to play together online as opposed to against one another. I will admit that playing as the quarterback is still the most fun of the offensives positions, but they've done a decent job of giving other players things to do (outside of playcalling, which will still be a little boring for those not playing as QB)."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bigsmallwood @ 06/13/10 03:26 AM
Gameplay still has the QB sliding back instead of dropping back...smh I will have to wait to hear Gus in the actual game. NOT impressed with the actual gameplay looks a lot like Madden 10.

# 82 chibears77 @ 06/13/10 04:26 AM
I might be the only person who didnt have a problem with tom hammond. thats how he sounds like in real life. maybe the real issue that they not recording the broadcast team at the same time. the jury is still out on the commentary But so far it doesnt sound great. just wait for e3 to see how it sounds people

# 83 jmurphy31 @ 06/13/10 08:01 AM
Someone brought up a good point about the silence before the snap. Maybe UT has to be quiet so you can hear the coordinator talking for game plan. I wonder if it will also take away from a lot of the post play comments.

# 84 NEW_ORLEANS @ 06/13/10 10:38 AM
Still not feeling Collinsworth it just sounds like he is trying to read me a bedtime story.

# 85 Valdarez @ 06/13/10 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW_ORLEANS
Still not feeling Collinsworth it just sounds like he is trying to read me a bedtime story.
lol

It would help if we heard something new from Collinsworth and if the sound level for Gus and Collinsworth were equal.

# 86 TDKing @ 06/13/10 11:06 AM
Co-OP fail, waste of devolopement time... Comentary still really bad EA needs to hire a new audio team. FAIL ... "he's gonna pass", Thanks for the warning Gus.

# 87 MrSkagTrendy @ 06/13/10 11:30 AM
If anything, this might give EA a wake up call. If they don't improve this pronto, nobodys going to buy this game. However I do feel that all the interviews have just been recorded in one go with the same build so maybe the final product (pretty much what we get at E3) is better. There must be some reason why it's been so quiet.

Tomorrow we'll see.

# 88 Valdarez @ 06/13/10 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Co-OP fail, waste of devolopement time... Comentary still really bad EA needs to hire a new audio team. FAIL ... "he's gonna pass", Thanks for the warning Gus.
It's not a waste of time, it's just a classic example of the cart in front of the horse. Why are they spending development cycles working on this feature when the core gameplay continues to suffer? This fan, and I'm sure others, won't even waste their time in a 3vs3 match without the gameplay to support a competitive, realistic, and fun match up. Throw in the boost crap they are selling for real world cash $$$ (which is probably 'why' they focused on it, so EA has something 'new' to sell consumers, not because it's what consumers want) and even the new feature is turning off competitive gamers. They claim to build a new feature for competitive gamers, and then add something to it that is only going to anger most hard core competitive gamers. Someone somewhere is incompetent, to push 3vs3 as a competitive feature and the boostable concept for cash together.

# 89 KensaiKatai @ 06/13/10 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
It's not a waste of time, it's just a classic example of the cart in front of the horse. Why are they spending development cycles working on this feature when the core gameplay continues to suffer? This fan, and I'm sure others, won't even waste their time in a 3vs3 match without the gameplay to support a competitive, realistic, and fun match up. Throw in the boost crap they are selling for real world cash $$$ (which is probably 'why' they focused on it, so EA has something 'new' to sell consumers, not because it's what consumers want) and even the new feature is turning off competitive gamers. They claim to build a new feature for competitive gamers, and then add something to it that is only going to anger most hard core competitive gamers. Someone, somewhere is incompetent, to push 3vs as a competitive feature and the boostable concept for cash together.
Agreed. This is getting to a point where even the most optimistic (and i'm one of them) can't find too much room for optimism...honestly i'm not the type to get angry or immature about these kind of things but i'm extremely disappointed that they've turned a blind eye and cold shoulder to things we've all been asking for, for what seems like years now..

Truth is, i'll refrain from harsh judgement until i actually PLAY the game, but the lack of any major improvements to franchise mode is appalling to me. IMO, Madden has the most lackluster franchise mode out of any of the major sports games (i own them all) and this pains me incredibly because football is by far and away my favorite sport.

# 90 Bgamer90 @ 06/13/10 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
honestly i'm not the type to get angry or immature about these kind of things but i'm extremely disappointed that they've turned a blind eye and cold shoulder to things we've all been asking for, for what seems like years now..

Truth is, i'll refrain from harsh judgement until i actually PLAY the game, but the lack of any major improvements to franchise mode is appalling to me.
This describes me to a T right now... I'm not one to bash and/or get angry but the news was VERY disappointing. This will be season 6 in which Madden won't have as good as a franchise mode that Madden 2005 had.

After reading up info about NCAA '11, the game looks to be VERY good... the game will have Madden '11's new locomotion engine, dual stick controls, blocking improvements, improved pro-tak, and more but it will also have an improved dynasty mode online AND offline. NCAA just looks to be the better game this year and since the Madden blog clearly stated that Madden '12 will have improved franchise modes, what's the point in getting Madden '11 when NCAA '11 will have mostly the same features along with some other huge improvements and/or things that won't be in Madden '11? Also, since everything being added to Madden '11 will be improved for Madden '12 along with superstar mode and franchise mode, again, what's the point?

So yeah... chances are you aren't going to see me much around these forums for a decent while... at least not as much as I'm usually on them (I'm not going to waste time bashing like many others do here).

# 91 sniperhare @ 06/13/10 02:17 PM
Would be cool if next year Madden & NCAA worked together to do the coaching carousal feature and let you import college coaches to the NFL and bring NFL coaches back to college.

# 92 RGiles36 @ 06/13/10 07:10 PM
Besides the dead space in the commentary, I was pretty pleased with the video. Perhaps I'm not as anal as everyone else is about so many apects of the game . While not perfect I'm sure, it was good to see DE/OLB trying to seal off the edge in the pass rush and not always running directly into the tackle.

# 93 Darkimpact17 @ 06/13/10 10:56 PM
There has been no real change in the gameplay, I can't understand why anyone would want to buy this game. After seeing whats possible with a game like backbreaker.

# 94 Kramer5150 @ 06/13/10 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
After reading up info about NCAA '11, the game looks to be VERY good... the game will have Madden '11's new locomotion engine, dual stick controls, blocking improvements, improved pro-tak, and more but it will also have an improved dynasty mode online AND offline. NCAA just looks to be the better game this year and since the Madden blog clearly stated that Madden '12 will have improved franchise modes, what's the point in getting Madden '11 when NCAA '11 will have mostly the same features along with some other huge improvements and/or things that won't be in Madden '11? Also, since everything being added to Madden '11 will be improved for Madden '12 along with superstar mode and franchise mode, again, what's the point?
I wanted to bold this whole quote,but figured it would've looked stupid....but let me just say,I agree with everything here.

I wasn't initially going to get either,but based on what I've read,I am leaning towards NCAA this year. NCAA just seems to be more of a "complete" game in terms of what I'm looking for.

NOW...with that being said,I'm still going to be holding off of NCAA till after I get good run time with the demo,so hopefully I see what I need to see for me to purchase this years version.

# 95 cowboykmoney @ 06/14/10 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Would be cool if next year Madden & NCAA worked together to do the coaching carousal feature and let you import college coaches to the NFL and bring NFL coaches back to college.
Yes this is needed in this game alone with opening up the imported draft classes by sending every player thats leaving their schools at the end of the season and send them all to Madden every time we save a draft class.

# 96 Bgamer90 @ 06/14/10 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonIntegerIrish
Sadly, this statement could be made about many versions of Madden since the advent of the current-gen hardware...just change the years and recycle.
To be honest it could be said about ANY sports game, but in terms of Madden, the devs clearly stated that M12 will have a overhaul of franchise modes. But I do see what you're saying though.

# 97 bonbonan @ 06/14/10 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
To be honest it could be said about ANY sports game, but in terms of Madden, the devs clearly stated that M12 will have a overhaul of franchise modes. But I do see what you're saying though.
Yeah,that is Madden.

# 98 dave731 @ 06/14/10 06:08 PM
Can I get a co-op franchise mode over here? NBA 2K10 and NHL 2K10 has it...sigh...with them perfecting franchise mode in Madden 12, maybe I can hope they combine these features in 13?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.