Home
MLB 10 News Post

V.3 is finished and is currently up on SportsConnect under the name of "strut24v3done". Please remember to vote thumbs up to the file when you download, so any impostor files aren't mistaken.

This version has everything in v.2 PLUS RAZR's pitch and stamina edits and strut24's stance/delivery updates. ALL stances/motions are done as of June 11. Anyone called up after that, has not been added yet but will be added to my IN SEASON thread. So guys like Joe Martinez, Enrique Gonzalez, Daniel Nava, Justin Ruggiano etc have NOT been done yet. Here is the link to the In Season thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-rosters.html

Here is a Word document of all the changes that strut did to the rosters: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ml24bf

What is going on with the file now, you ask? JaSnake is working on v4, which will include updates to the stock SCEA players to update current real life performance. There is no ETA at this time for that file.

Here is HustlinOwl's Franchise File, which is for users that want a 30 team user controlled franchise file: http://www.mediafire.com/?okncwnj2wnm

Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina.

Quote:
For those who don't mind changing sliders use these for what I believe to be the fullest experience of the stamina edits

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5
Reliever Stamina 0 for both user and cpu

For those that prefer to stick as close as possible to default use these suggestions that SoxFan posted

Starter Stamina (User): 6
Reliever Stamina (User): 3

Starter Stamina (CPU): 7
Reliever Stamina (CPU): 5 (default)
Manager Hook (CPU): 3

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 strut24 @ 06/13/10 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
So I'm planning on editing stamina and boosting for my own personal use, because I love the pitch edits but even with slider tweaks I'm having problems with stamina, and I care more about actual gameplay than simmed results.

I'd like to use Bahnzo's roster editor, but I cannot get it to work, even after spending several hours trying to get it running.

Just to see if anyone is interested, is there anyone out there willing to create a spreadsheet with Bahnzo's stamina ratings for pitchers?

I would then edit the stamina on V.4 once it's released for my personal use, and of course I'd be willing to share it (I'd only post it publicly if there was interest/if RAZR, Knight, and Co. said it was okay).
what kind of "problems" have you been experiencing? Maybe share some of your results. Who you used, pitch counts, game situations etc. I might be interested in updated stamina but I havent gotten a chance to try the new rosters (even though I helped release them hehe) so Im curious as to what kind of problems you're having

# 62 Clarityman @ 06/13/10 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
Probably the same as everyone else.

Starters on CPU teams being pulled after 6-7 innings, even if they have a perfect game going, and are under 100 pitches.

I know I've been bumping all starters up to at least 80 at the minimum for stamina. I think I like how the relief pitchers are set-up, so that they don't work a hell of a lot of innings, and are used realistically.
Exactly right. Even with slider edits, the CPU behavior is problematic.

For example, I was playing around with an experimental Nats franchise, doing a lot of simming and playing a few games. In a series, the CPU's bullpen would be completely burnt but they wouldn't call anyone up to replace. So they'd constantly bring in guys who were spent, just for me to feast on.

This was the CPU behavior: bring in reliever with 0 stamina, allow a hit or walk, bring in the next reliever with 0 stamina, allow a hit or walk, repeat.

It was fun demolishing them, but not exactly realistic.

The CPU has similar problems with the starters. And I personally have problems getting low stamina guys through 5 innings of work, even with slider edits.

I was thinking of bumping all starters to a minimum stamina as well, but I'd rather do all my editing at once whenever V.4 is released, and use realistic stamina ratings.

# 63 strut24 @ 06/13/10 09:38 PM
Quote:
Exactly right. Even with slider edits, the CPU behavior is problematic.

For example, I was playing around with an experimental Nats franchise, doing a lot of simming and playing a few games. In a series, the CPU's bullpen would be completely burnt but they wouldn't call anyone up to replace. So they'd constantly bring in guys who were spent, just for me to feast on.

This was the CPU behavior: bring in reliever with 0 stamina, allow a hit or walk, bring in the next reliever with 0 stamina, allow a hit or walk, repeat.

It was fun demolishing them, but not exactly realistic.

The CPU has similar problems with the starters. And I personally have problems getting low stamina guys through 5 innings of work, even with slider edits.

I was thinking of bumping all starters to a minimum stamina as well, but I'd rather do all my editing at once whenever V.4 is released, and use realistic stamina ratings.
hmm, that doesnt sound so good. What are your slider starter/reliever stamina and manager hook settings at?

# 64 JaSnake16 @ 06/13/10 10:17 PM
Update: the NL East is done. That's more than I thought I was gonna get done this weekend. Tommorrow night I hope to get the NL out of the way completely. FYI I tinkered with John Maine and Ollie Perez velocity, they're velocity is now 87 and 88 for their fastballs.

Just my two cents on the stamina issue: sliders guys check your hook and starter / reliever stamina sliders

# 65 RAZRr1275 @ 06/13/10 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
Probably the same as everyone else.

Starters on CPU teams being pulled after 6-7 innings, even if they have a perfect game going, and are under 100 pitches.

I know I've been bumping all starters up to at least 80 at the minimum for stamina. I think I like how the relief pitchers are set-up, so that they don't work a hell of a lot of innings, and are used realistically.
Honestly I'm not seeing these problems at all. I really don't know what's going on

# 66 HustlinOwl @ 06/13/10 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Honestly I'm not seeing these problems at all. I really don't know what's going on
playing franchise now, Silva 95 pitches in bottom 7th and energy is empty he is still throwing

# 67 mattlanta @ 06/13/10 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
playing franchise now, Silva 95 pitches in bottom 7th and energy is empty he is still throwing
Some pitchers can pitch for 100-110 pitches. His control must be going down?

# 68 ltw0303cavs @ 06/13/10 11:01 PM
On the new rosters Silva is at a 70 for stamina, i would say thats bare minimum for starters. Starters should be above 70 and relievers should not be above 30. If you try that scale out i think it works out decently. So on the new rosters you will have to change a few starters like Liriano who is a 59.

# 69 Clarityman @ 06/13/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
hmm, that doesnt sound so good. What are your slider starter/reliever stamina and manager hook settings at?
Starter at 7, Reliever at Default, Manager Hook at 3.

I could make them higher, but I worry about making too many adjustments when I thought default sliders played a near perfect game.

Quote:
In the end it's a personal preference. It's changed quite a few things about the game for me, and I realize I like stamina higher. Everyone has their own preferences and settings. I know I like Guess Pitch this year, even though I hated it last year; I'm a weirdo, I know.

But I'm in no way suggesting any changes be made just for me or the handful of people who feel as I do. It seems most people like the new stamina system, that's an indication of success.

For my part, I just wanted access to Bahnzo's stamina ratings so I could make changes on my own.

# 70 hope4bob @ 06/13/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
I don't seem to be having those kind of problems either.

I have no idea if it makes a difference how early in the season it is when
these pitchers are pulled early. Just a guess, don't know if that's part of
the math or not but when I was playing with the broadcasters on Dave
Campbell was giving me grief about leaving Sabathia in in the 8th with a
1 hitter vs. Red Sox because he said it was too early in the season for
a pitcher to go that far. So that gave me a hint that maybe it did matter
when in the season it is.

all-star level no slider adjustments.

bob

# 71 eamuscatuli15 @ 06/13/10 11:48 PM
Just curious what the difference between the franchise file from hustlin owl compared to just downloading the new v.3 off of sportsconnect is?

Couldn't i just start a franchise and control all 30 teams and get the same thing out of it? What exactly is the benefit of the franchise file?

# 72 hope4bob @ 06/13/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Starter at 7, Reliever at Default, Manager Hook at 3.

I know I like Guess Pitch this year, even though I hated it last year; I'm a weirdo, I know.

I kinda like it this year too. Don't know how most people use it but I just
pitch selection but not location and usually I just guess fastball and re-act
best I can. Knowing how and doing are two fifferent things. I hate
Wakefield's knuckler!

# 73 DJ @ 06/14/10 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamuscatuli15
Just curious what the difference between the franchise file from hustlin owl compared to just downloading the new v.3 off of sportsconnect is?

Couldn't i just start a franchise and control all 30 teams and get the same thing out of it? What exactly is the benefit of the franchise file?
For those that don't want to mess with 30-team control. The franchise file will have more accurate lineups than the Sportsconnect file, which is based off of Opening Day rosters.

# 74 eamuscatuli15 @ 06/14/10 12:07 AM
So is Strasburg on the Nationals in the franchise file?

# 75 franch1se @ 06/14/10 12:32 AM
once again. For the next update (v4) make Donavan Tate a Right Handed Batter please. Just informing everyone else, I already made the change in my game

Also on the Padres, SS Lance Zawadzki has a Z after the D. In game its spelt "Zawadski"

# 76 RogueHominid @ 06/14/10 01:20 AM
I'm doing a test-run with this franchise file and the minimum adjustment sliders on the 1st page.

My 1st game was vs. STL, and Carpenter went 98 pitches and was pulled in the 8th after allowing a hit to put the tying run on base. Harang made it 7 on 85 pitches or so. Seemed pretty good to me. I could tell Carpenter was capable of more work than Harang from their relative performances.

# 77 Jason_19 @ 06/14/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
once again. For the next update (v4) make Donavan Tate a Right Handed Batter please. Just informing everyone else, I already made the change in my game

Also on the Padres, SS Lance Zawadzki has a Z after the D. In game its spelt "Zawadski"
JaSnake, do you plan on making small corrections like these?

# 78 franch1se @ 06/14/10 01:32 AM
I admit, Zawadzki is a small correct but Tate is a big one in my book

# 79 Jason_19 @ 06/14/10 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I admit, Zawadzki is a small correct but Tate is a big one in my book
I think that corrections like those should be publicly noted because most people want everything as correct and accurate as possible. As a roster maker, I openly welcome any corrections and suggestions, especially very easy to overlook mistakes like those.

# 80 erictred @ 06/14/10 02:35 AM
HustlinOwl:
would you mind posting your suggested settings for team control, etc. for your franchise file, or supplying a link to an earlier thread, if there is one, where they can be found?
thanks...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.