Home
MLB 10 News Post

V.3 is finished and is currently up on SportsConnect under the name of "strut24v3done". Please remember to vote thumbs up to the file when you download, so any impostor files aren't mistaken.

This version has everything in v.2 PLUS RAZR's pitch and stamina edits and strut24's stance/delivery updates. ALL stances/motions are done as of June 11. Anyone called up after that, has not been added yet but will be added to my IN SEASON thread. So guys like Joe Martinez, Enrique Gonzalez, Daniel Nava, Justin Ruggiano etc have NOT been done yet. Here is the link to the In Season thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-rosters.html

Here is a Word document of all the changes that strut did to the rosters: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ml24bf

What is going on with the file now, you ask? JaSnake is working on v4, which will include updates to the stock SCEA players to update current real life performance. There is no ETA at this time for that file.

Here is HustlinOwl's Franchise File, which is for users that want a 30 team user controlled franchise file: http://www.mediafire.com/?okncwnj2wnm

Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina.

Quote:
For those who don't mind changing sliders use these for what I believe to be the fullest experience of the stamina edits

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5
Reliever Stamina 0 for both user and cpu

For those that prefer to stick as close as possible to default use these suggestions that SoxFan posted

Starter Stamina (User): 6
Reliever Stamina (User): 3

Starter Stamina (CPU): 7
Reliever Stamina (CPU): 5 (default)
Manager Hook (CPU): 3

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 SoxFan01605 @ 06/15/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloia50
thanks, but i still recieve emails from the other franchises...is there any way around this or no?
Hit Triangle to go to email and then hit square when "ALL" is selected to uncheck it. This will uncheck all email notifications for the team your currently have selected.

Cycle through the other teams and repeat.

# 142 abcabc @ 06/15/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Okay just to comment on a couple pitch related things

1. For the guy that says Phil Hughes throws a knuckle curve you are right but I hate the way that pitch breaks in game as it doesn't have the movement that that pitch does for him in real life. 12-6 better fits what he throws break wise
Hi, thank you. after I wrote what I wrote I figured there was a good chance that it was the movement sought for not that pitch name for Hughes.

# 143 abcabc @ 06/15/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
guys...we are not adjusting stamina...if you do not like the edits change them as you see fit or use banzho's program...outside of that all of those suggestions are good guys, Ja and I appreciate them greatly! keep it goin

Observation about clutch ratings for a few pitchers after taking a quick look.

NYY Vasquez: 65. Pettitte is less than him, at 62? btw, Pettitte's SCEA clutch rating was higher than 62, don't remember perhaps much higher... but I don't think it should be set lower than Vasquez. So is Hughes, also at 62 right now btw.

Here's a stamina/clutch breakdown of a few pitchers that looked odd imho.
(i wrote the stamina's the other day, not asking about staminas today)

vasquez 93/65
pettitte 71/62
hughes 61/62
wakefield (for comparision boston) 82/61

most interesting to me is Hughes having low stamina, and clutch matching Pettitte, and vasquez and wakefield having the high stamina, and vasquez' clutch, being over everyone else.

I guess clutch is so subjective, and so can stamina be... but i'd hate to browse around more team rosters and look at more pitcher attributes phew.

when you guys do the pitcher attributes do you have a spreadsheet w/ clutch/stamina columns and sort the whole AL / NL and then eyeball from top to bottom, and make adjustments within all pitchers in the AL and then all within the NL?

# 144 Jason_19 @ 06/15/10 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
then eyeball from top to bottom, and make adjustments within all pitchers in the AL and then all within the NL?
I would like to know this, also.

# 145 huskerfan4life @ 06/15/10 09:12 PM
from the ps3 brower, when i go to youtube on my ps3 browser its blank but the upload box is fin on my computer, and i cant use vimeo on the ps3 browser it says i need to upgrade to ie 8 on ps3 how do i upgrade the ps3 browser or why is the youtube box empty any help would be appreciated, I' trying to upload highlight vids to my dynasty plase help out with suggestions, I've uploaded 1 vid to youtbube from ps3 broweser in past but dont know what i'm dong wrong

# 146 RAZRr1275 @ 06/15/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
Observation about clutch ratings for a few pitchers after taking a quick look.

NYY Vasquez: 65. Pettitte is less than him, at 62? btw, Pettitte's SCEA clutch rating was higher than 62, don't remember perhaps much higher... but I don't think it should be set lower than Vasquez. So is Hughes, also at 62 right now btw.

Here's a stamina/clutch breakdown of a few pitchers that looked odd imho.
(i wrote the stamina's the other day, not asking about staminas today)

vasquez 93/65
pettitte 71/62
hughes 61/62
wakefield (for comparision boston) 82/61

most interesting to me is Hughes having low stamina, and clutch matching Pettitte, and vasquez and wakefield having the high stamina, and vasquez' clutch, being over everyone else.

I guess clutch is so subjective, and so can stamina be... but i'd hate to browse around more team rosters and look at more pitcher attributes phew.

when you guys do the pitcher attributes do you have a spreadsheet w/ clutch/stamina columns and sort the whole AL / NL and then eyeball from top to bottom, and make adjustments within all pitchers in the AL and then all within the NL?
I haven't edited clutch.

Well here's what pretty much goes down. First, a good while before Knight even starts making the full minors base file we hit up scouting mags, websites etc and make a database with player names, stamina ratings, pitch types, speeds, and notes about break for pitches. The spreadsheet is divided into each division and all teams in the division in order. So we just start entering data from the spreadsheet, types speed, etc. We don't have any concrete break or control numbers on the spreadsheet and those are mostly improved based on stats and descriptions of the pitch. Hope that answers your question

# 147 camel @ 06/15/10 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfg27
Does anyone knows who (sp) patrick hager of the nationals is he a real prospect or a fake.He in single A any answer would help.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...ing-explained/

# 148 adamj2281 @ 06/15/10 10:15 PM
I was checking this forum, and I'm just wondering what's the ETA on V.4, and it will have re-rates of all players, correct? I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team.

So, no rush, just wondering if it's going to be in like the next week or several weeks, if it's going to be soon, I'll wait, if not I'll probably just do the edits myself.

# 149 TheRunAndShoot @ 06/15/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
I was checking this forum, and I'm just wondering what's the ETA on V.4, and it will have re-rates of all players, correct? I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team.

So, no rush, just wondering if it's going to be in like the next week or several weeks, if it's going to be soon, I'll wait, if not I'll probably just do the edits myself.
You probably won't get a firm date but from the looks of it, optimistically late Friday.

# 150 mattlanta @ 06/15/10 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
Just providing some minor input on the pitch edits:

Javier Vazquez (NYY) has a running fastball, and it really does run the way it's supposed to in the game.
Craig Kimbrel (ATL) also has a running fastball.
Jair Jurrjens (ATL) has a straight 4 seam fastball and uses his 2 seamer separate than his straight, over the top heater.
Jonny Venters (ATL) is known for his 2-seam fastball which he uses often.

Also... I'm wondering if there's anyway I can make these edits myself. I know I can actually do it, but what do you guys base the ratings off of? Can anyone tell me what RAZR bases em off? Thanks.
Can anyone help me with this?

# 151 TheRunAndShoot @ 06/15/10 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
Can anyone help me with this?
Last year he used 60ft6in, his own vast knowledge, and I believe bahnzo's tool. Maybe a couple other resources and scouting reports. He's about as accurate as knight with his work. Meaning (99.99% accurate)

If you post some PitchFX charts for some off these guys it might help prove your point.

# 152 hope4bob @ 06/16/10 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigsbaseballfan
will roster transactions be updated?, dont want to make room for a "dewayne wise type" by releasing a "mike stanton type prospect", eg. trying to move winn off yanks to cards, dont know who to get rid of, went to their site , still no idea.
In v.2 & v.3w/pitch edits, I offered Angels Wynn for Matsui and they took the
deal both times. v.3 took a couple of days though.

If that's what you mean about getting rid of Wynn.

bob

# 153 JaSnake16 @ 06/16/10 05:53 AM
Update: NL is done moving onto the AL only the O's I was able to get in. For those asking on an ETA. I would say end of weekend probably. Even after entry the roster still has to go round a few as stated before.

# 154 Karle @ 06/16/10 08:31 AM
Dear Knight, Razr, Strut, Jasnake and others,

First thank you for all your hard work on the rosters. I was going to proceed with V3, but have now decided to wait for V4 of the rosters.

In regard to Detroit, I am hesitant to suggest bumps up or down as I am not so good with the number system. I can only suggest that Cabrera and Boesch are probably doing better than their rating numbers suggest and Rayburn and Laird are probably doing worse.

I note the file is going to go to knight. If possible, there is one Detroit minor league player who I suggest should be replaced. I had thought Brett Jensen would start the season in the minors, but he was actually cut before opening day. I would suggest replacing Jensen with either Brandon Wise (started season in AA and was promoted to AAA Toledo) or Matt Hoffman (Started season in Lakeland and was promoted first to AA and later to AAA Toledo.). The information I have for them is as follows:

Wise, Brendan: (RHP) (RP
Age 24 / 6'2" / 190 lbs / B L / T R
Fielding glove: Black
Pitches: Fastball 90s / slider / change / splitter

Hoffman, Matt (LHP) (RP)
Age 21 / 6'2" / 195 lbs / B L / T L
I could not find any information on what pitches he throws.

That is just a suggestion. All the other Detroit minor league players are correct.

Thank you again for all your hard work.

Karle

# 155 RAZRr1275 @ 06/16/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
Last year he used 60ft6in, his own vast knowledge, and I believe bahnzo's tool. Maybe a couple other resources and scouting reports. He's about as accurate as knight with his work. Meaning (99.99% accurate)

If you post some PitchFX charts for some off these guys it might help prove your point.
Close

60ft6in, Lindy's baseball scouting mag, fangraphs and other pitchfx sources, and some in game footage

# 156 JaSnake16 @ 06/16/10 01:08 PM
[quote=adamj2281;2041185595] I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team. [quote]

You can ease your fears. Martin Prado is now the highest rated Brave hitter (Bahnzo numbers with bump up). Jason Heyward is second (Knights ratings not mine). Chipper has fallen dramatically (Bahnzo numbers with a bump downwards). That being said the pitchers are Hudson, Hanson, Lowe, Medlen, Kawakami in that order (if ratings bar order matters).

# 157 franch1se @ 06/16/10 01:12 PM
for the player attribute change bump Adrian Gonzalez contact vs LHP, if i recall its way worse then it is vs RHP but here is a screenshot from last night

# 158 adamj2281 @ 06/16/10 01:36 PM
[quote=JaSnake16;2041188686][quote=adamj2281;2041185595] I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team.
Quote:

You can ease your fears. Martin Prado is now the highest rated Brave hitter (Bahnzo numbers with bump up). Jason Heyward is second (Knights ratings not mine). Chipper has fallen dramatically (Bahnzo numbers with a bump downwards). That being said the pitchers are Hudson, Hanson, Lowe, Medlen, Kawakami in that order (if ratings bar order matters).
Yeah I actually edited them using Bahnzo's numbers last night, and have pretty much the same, Chipper is way down now. I moved Brooks Conrad up some, but with the small sample set it's hard to figure out exactly where to put him. I'm going to play with it the next few days until v4 comes out, and then I will either start over or just roll with what I got.

# 159 JaSnake16 @ 06/16/10 02:48 PM
[quote=adamj2281;2041188839][quote=JaSnake16;2041188686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team.

Yeah I actually edited them using Bahnzo's numbers last night, and have pretty much the same, Chipper is way down now. I moved Brooks Conrad up some, but with the small sample set it's hard to figure out exactly where to put him. I'm going to play with it the next few days until v4 comes out, and then I will either start over or just roll with what I got.
I bumped Conrad up a little bit because hes serviceable utility guy. Hes more of a jouneyman though (I think he started in Oakland) and too old to really be considered a prospect at this point.

# 160 mattlanta @ 06/16/10 03:35 PM
[quote=JaSnake16;2041189376][quote=adamj2281;2041188839]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16

I bumped Conrad up a little bit because hes serviceable utility guy. Hes more of a jouneyman though (I think he started in Oakland) and too old to really be considered a prospect at this point.
Conrad, as I said previously, deserved that bump. He was voted May's most clutch player. Over Dallas Braden who pitched a perfect game. Over Morales who hit a walk off grand slam. And over whoever else did well in May.

A bump that I'd like to see for the relievers for the Braves would also be Michael Dunn. The guy didn't do too bad in New York last year and has proven to have an electric arm. The guy is a perfect LOOGY in the league and I'm sure if we didn't have O'Flaherty, he would be doing just fine with the Braves right now (he's dominating AAA). A bump to Luis Valdez wouldn't hurt either, but since he's not even in America right now... it's fine.

Is there an ETA on v4?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.