Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Bootzilla @ 06/14/10 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Where did you turn off the sprint button? I must have missed that.
Game controls. Auto sprint On or Off. So actually I turned auto sprint on.

# 142 myownsun @ 06/14/10 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Yes. I've even seen a guy get stood up and the play whistled dead. I heard that was in Madden last year but I don't recall seeing it. I haven't played Madden in like six months but it seems tighter than I remember. Less awkward warping.

Kewl

# 143 Kramer5150 @ 06/14/10 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Game controls. Auto sprint On or Off. So actually I turned auto sprint on.
Oh..ok gotcha.
So this means no more right trigger sprinting with it turned to auto,correct?

# 144 J-Unit40 @ 06/14/10 08:11 AM
Nice job EA! I am very pleased with what I see so far (got a quick game in this AM).

The game looks more alive. It plays better is a lot of different ways despite some lingering quirky animations (double spin move in different directions). The passing games feels better and there are more slight overthrows and underthrows.

Camera angle is much different than last two years. More pulled back.

I'm really looking forward to getting a lot of time with it tonight.

# 145 DarrenG @ 06/14/10 08:12 AM
um... FORMATION SUBS ARE IN THE GAME

# 146 Michgantown @ 06/14/10 08:12 AM
how does run commit feel
which is now def keys

# 147 NoDakHusker @ 06/14/10 08:14 AM
Presentation, atmosphere MUCH improved. Very impressed on that front.

Player movement is pretty much amazing. Gameplay seems tight so far. Not a big fan of the new play call screen, but it's not a huge deal.

# 148 gofresno @ 06/14/10 08:15 AM
The new lighting system makes this game look amazing

# 149 Skyboxer @ 06/14/10 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
You can no longer cover the whole field with a safety anymore! this is great
Can't wait to play but: This is great news!

# 150 kingkilla56 @ 06/14/10 08:16 AM
anybody know how to stop Missouri on heisman. these guys have a super human oline and the recievers magically get open.....after 10 seconds running around

# 151 gofresno @ 06/14/10 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
how does run commit feel
which is now def keys
Run commit feels a lot better. Its been toned down a bit, but the thing that fixed it was locomotion. They actually have to get out of the stance and start running to the right. Where as on 10 they all seemed to suction over.

# 152 Bootzilla @ 06/14/10 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Oh..ok gotcha.
So this means no more right trigger sprinting with it turned to auto,correct?
Yep. Or at least it seems that way.

# 153 jp7588 @ 06/14/10 08:18 AM
Playing with, or against, the no-huddle really extends the game. My Mizzou-Clemson game was significantly longer than the other games I've played. I really feel like the offensive variety is going to help tremendously with the lasting appeal of dynasty mode.

# 154 gofresno @ 06/14/10 08:18 AM
atmosphere is great. Using miami at the horseshoe right now and you can't hear the QBs cadence not even on fake snaps.
the read option runs EXACTLY like how it was shown in the videos and previews

# 155 NoDakHusker @ 06/14/10 08:19 AM
One thing carried over from last year lol.
Crowd sometimes facing the wrong direction, doesn't bother me that much...but it's just weird to see the crowd with their backs to the field.

# 156 kingkilla56 @ 06/14/10 08:20 AM
wow barely beat missouri 31 28 sealed with an INT. Great experience my heart was racing.

Unfortunately I had zero pass rush from my guys thus zero coverage.

# 157 JonathanPDX @ 06/14/10 08:22 AM
I really hate the new playcalling screen. It feels like it takes ages to get through all the plays, especially on D against the no-huddle, and if I don't know the book well I can't even tell when I've cycled back to the front.

The camera angle on kick offs is weird too, when I kick it low I can't even see who picks it up or where they are on the field, everything seems to vanish and I can't tell if they're on the 5 or the 40.

I was able to audible to a pass against an obvious blitz (I was in the I-formation) and the defense didn't adjust, letting me throw to the uncovered WR twice in a row. Really glad to see that's an option now without seeing them magically slide a LB over to cover him.

# 158 jp7588 @ 06/14/10 08:22 AM
Demps and Rainey are ridiculous.

# 159 Rostee F @ 06/14/10 08:23 AM
Is there anyone who can help me out with that Demo? I can`t download it via Xbox.com, i dont have a Credit Card and payment with normal Bank transfer isn`t allowed! Please PM me, its highly appreciated!!! Thanx

# 160 UTAllTheWay @ 06/14/10 08:23 AM
First off, let me say the opening presentation is very nice. When I chose to play the Oklahoma Sooners with my Texas Longhorns, I got pumped up when I saw the crowd wait in angst as my team was about to exit the tunnel. EA definitely has this game heading in the right direction when it comes to the pre-game presentations.

Then I start the game and I notice an odd camera view. I'm not saying this camera view is bad, I actually enjoy it a lot. I'm just saying it's going to take some getting used to.

Overall, the demo feels a lot better and looks very, very nice. There's actually some weight in the footsteps when you try to run... and while some of the running animations look a little weird, they are still better than the past.

My main gripe that I've noticed so far is the way the punt and kickoff teams go after the return man. It's kind of hard to explain, but it was like the other team was moving in perfect unison. On my first punt return, my return man was on the left side of the field, and while the ball was in the air, the other team was kind of running toward the middle of the field. Then when I caught it and started running up-field, the other team (in perfect unison) ran toward the left side of the field. It was very weird to see their entire team move in the same exact direction at the same exact time. Anybody else notice this?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.