Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1701 DJ @ 07/03/10 06:47 PM
Player Lock is pretty cool. I think I will use it when I get the game. I also think Heisman plays really well, at least in the demo. I see more errant throws from the CPU QB than on AA or Varsity.

# 1702 Eagles931 @ 07/03/10 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
I just can't get over all the ice skating the players do...and the lack of stat overlays as well...
ice skating??? didnt see any, maybe i wasnt looking closely, but yeah the stats thing is kinda annoying, its just a demo though.

# 1703 highcheese @ 07/03/10 10:39 PM
what exactly does player lock do?

# 1704 Crimsontide27 @ 07/03/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I'm absolutely loving player lock!!!!!!!!!
I see a lot of posts about people loving player lock this year. What is so different about player lock this year, that wasnt in last years version?

# 1705 dan_457 @ 07/03/10 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATORFAN4EVA
Ya it's pretty fun, but if you're trying to be serious an win a game against a human or tough CPU opponent it kinda sucks.
I disagree, I use player lock 90% of the time on defense and it makes it more fun even if it's a tough game, because you can't just be superman all over the field, also you can't actually use it against another human player.

# 1706 ttech10 @ 07/04/10 12:42 AM
So I haven't played the demo in awhile. I played maybe 10 games the first two days it was out and then abandoned it. I got bored so did two games. The first I was Ohio State and destroyed Miami (on AA).

The second I was Clemson against Mizzou, again on AA.

My QB was terribly inaccurate and when he actually threw to where he was supposed to the receiver would drop it. My RB got shoestring tackled and he violently fumbled the ball. The CPU could do no wrong though, my players simply slid of them when trying to tackle. Robo-QB and sticky finger WRs.

In the last drive I'm on the ~15. All 4 downs my players catch the ball in the endzone, wide open and immediately drop them... this would have been for the win.

Can't tell you how much it felt like 10 where the CPU is scripted to be unbeatable some games. Hopefully their adjustments they made to retail fixes that. I know there's sliders, but it just feels weak that you have to make your players into superman for them to catch the easiest of passes.

All the other games I had played were perfectly fine, with only small bugs that have already been addressed. This was the only game where I had super CPU.

# 1707 Buckeye @ 07/04/10 01:46 AM
I love this demo in for so many different reasons

# 1708 Playmakers @ 07/04/10 02:02 AM
Quote:
Ya it's pretty fun, but if you're trying to be serious an win a game against a human or tough CPU opponent it kinda sucks.
I think player lock is perfect if your playing the CPU offline

Think about it you can only be one guy on the field if your playing on a team...so why not control one guy in the game on defense?

# 1709 bonbonan @ 07/04/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
I love this demo in for so many different reasons
What are the those reasons?

# 1710 Spanky @ 07/04/10 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbonan
What are the those reasons?
Yeah man, don't leave us hanging like that! The suspense is unbearable.

# 1711 Playmakers @ 07/05/10 01:48 AM
Quote:
Yet on offense you're who ever touches the ball lol. Anyway if you like it more power to ya but i don't like it that much..
That doesn't make any sense because even on offense after the ball is snapped unless you switching to a blocker and then back to the player who has the ball your only controlling ONE PLAYER.....I highly doubt many people are switching off on offense while the play is in action. You mainly just control the guy with the ball. Even as the QB for me I make the throw to the WR but I don't switch to the WR and make him catch the ball. That WR has to catch the ball himself and if his ratings give him a average catch ability I"m not going to boost him up by making the catch for him.

But hey if you like controlling all 11 defenders then more power to you....

Some of us enjoy using the no switch rule or player lock because it actually allows the players to perform more based on their actual in game assigned ratings since not switching off from defender to defender your just controlling the actions of the one player.

# 1712 sportyguyfl31 @ 07/05/10 01:09 PM
Am I the only one who has noticed that the RT is a matador in pass protection vs. a user DE?

Its really glaring. Hope that is cleaned up, other wise we are going to be seeing a lot of user jump snap with the DE on that side.

# 1713 DJ @ 07/05/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Am I the only one who has noticed that the RT is a matador in pass protection vs. a user DE?

Its really glaring. Hope that is cleaned up, other wise we are going to be seeing a lot of user jump snap with the DE on that side.
I've only played as a MLB, so I haven't experience this yet. I will run some tests later. Do you use player-lock when playing as the DE?

# 1714 snowman5607 @ 07/05/10 04:58 PM
I loved the demo, personally. Everything about it I liked. Particularly, the hurry up offense where you get to pick from a lot more plays than the normal 6. The locomotion seems legit as well. It's the best college game i've ever played, even though it's only a demo. lol.

# 1715 DavonBrown @ 07/05/10 05:30 PM
You can't have images on your signature.

# 1716 skinfan31 @ 07/05/10 06:34 PM
The more I play the demo, the more my anticipation grows for the 13th. This is the college game I've been waiting for!! From the gameplay, to the graphics, everything looks and feels great. Hopefully it all translates into the best football game to date. I love college football, and this game will go a long way into feeding my fix.

# 1717 ChiCubs @ 07/05/10 06:55 PM
the last NCAA college pigskin game i played religiously was NCAA 2004. i absolutely loved that game. ever since, the NCAA franchise has slipped away into the abyss, and i didnt follow. sure, i borrowed a buddy's game here and there but it was always a huge let down. this demo has brought me back though....the game play feels fantastic. fluid. the locomotion feature is excellent. i really just dig how the whole game feels....and looks. i think i will be purchasing my first NCAA game since 2004 come july 13th!!

# 1718 Unmasked @ 07/05/10 10:04 PM
The first few games I played, I loved it. I even compared it to NCAA 2006. Then as I continued to play.. all the bull**** popped out at me. People still warp across the field, tumbleweed animations, game still forces you out of bounds on missed tackles, worthless booth review system, blind defenders making plays on the ball.. you catch my drift.

It'll be a fun game, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to fix any of the gameplay issues you had with the previous editions.

# 1719 fsufrenzy911 @ 07/06/10 01:51 AM
Is it worth it to pre-order? Do you think that i can still get the game first day? I don't really want to pay for shipping

# 1720 sarlndr @ 07/06/10 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufrenzy911
Is it worth it to pre-order? Do you think that i can still get the game first day? I don't really want to pay for shipping
Are you kidding me? There will be a bazillion copies of this game all over the place. Unless there is some kind of bonus or discount I don't see why you would have to pre-order this game. I'm stationed in Korea and the base exchange already has copies sitting in the back of the store. So I'm sure you'll be able to find a copy back in the states.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.