Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Gameinformer has posted their first impressions of NBA 2K11.

Quote:
"With new player models and completely retooled player animation systems, the on-court movement already look much smoother than they did in NBA 2K10. Animations blend together better, and players are no longer locked into their animations and rendered helpless until the move runs its course. If you're spinning toward the basket and decide to change your course, you can now break out of the animation and reverse your move or get off that delicately timed shot just outside the reach of your defender.

To complement NBA 2K's new look on the court, 2K Sports poached a guy who used to work in the TNT presentation booth to sharpen up its broadcast-style look. The Lakers vs. Celtics match-up we watched during the demo started with KG and co. coming off the bus while Kevin Harlan welcomed everyone to the Thanksgiving throwdown. The new player introductions used player images, and all of the informational overlays ditch the static look for more dynamic flow effects."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 23 @ 06/16/10 01:55 AM
the next nba live comparison in here gets a red card

stop derailing the thread

# 22 MarvellousOne @ 06/16/10 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
sucks that 2k wants players ot learn dribble moves instead of moving a stick left to right doesnt it? get rid of shotstick is the worst thing ive ever heard. where are you been the last couple years? still playing live i bet
I used to be a shot-stick maniac in previous years but I've noticed that I actually use it less in 2k10 than in any next-gen 2k title maybe because they changed the release of players jumpers made it more difficult to shoot with the shot stick than just pressing a button. I'm not against the shot stick but it's becoming a bit pointless unless I'm in the post, which makes it a thing of beauty to use. I hope they bring back manual post-up instead of that auto post-up crap!

Anyway though, this article was a very nice read, glad they are going away with iso-motion wasn't always bad but really made it hard to control a player since it was difficult to pull off moves. Those screens which I assume are of the game really look great, especially the shot of D.Howard they really got him this year as far as I can tell from that angle. I am also amped to hear the new presentation additions, I will be keeping an eye out for more info.

# 23 blingballa333 @ 06/16/10 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
sucks that 2k wants players ot learn dribble moves instead of moving a stick left to right doesnt it? get rid of shotstick is the worst thing ive ever heard. where are you been the last couple years? still playing live i bet
Dude, c'mon. I agree that the shot stick should stay. But enough with your blatant fanboyism. Take that crap over to the 2kSports forums, it doesn't belong here.

# 24 RICH72601 @ 06/16/10 02:14 AM
Nice read. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with as far as the dribbling. I personally liked isomotion, but only while pushing the ball up the floor. When the players are stationary, you can't really move side to side and get your defender off balance (like you can in Live).

I never used the shot stick much for jumpshots, but I love it when it comes to floaters, layups, and dunks. Try to in & out with your right hand, cross over to the left, spin off your defender, then shoot a floater in the lane in Live (not gonna happen). As far as the article, to me, it's really all talk and I could care less what they say. We truly won't know how it is until we play it for ourselves. I just hope it controls much, much better.

# 25 youngfaze01 @ 06/16/10 02:20 AM
2k can do whatever they want to do with the crossovers, just PLEASE DO NOT touch the shot stick <<<<<<<< This is the only thing I use to shoot the ball, X button is no longer relevant to me when I'm playing 2k.

# 26 SportsCenter23 @ 06/16/10 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01
2k can do whatever they want to do with the crossovers, just PLEASE DO NOT touch the shot stick <<<<<<<< This is the only thing I use to shoot the ball, X button is no longer relevant to me when I'm playing 2k.

This.

# 27 Epiffani @ 06/16/10 08:17 AM
Some sports games, and its developers should seriously take note of this:

Quote:
Visual Concepts wouldn't discuss innovations to its game modes, but promised that big things are in store for the Association and My Player modes. We'll hear more as we move toward the October 5 release date.
fleshing out, and continuously work on EXISTING modes; opting to add depth that way instead of constantly pumping out new "innovative" features while the 'old' ones suffer or is left largely unchanged. As for the control, it's hard to imagine it being any worse than it is in 2K10. I would guess the controls had to be one of their primary focuses this year given the amount of complaints levied towards 2K10 about that very same thing (and rightfully so). I just hope 2K was able to find a perfect balanced in the control department because while 2K7, and 2K8 control much better than 2K10, there was noticeably more sliding/gliding across the court. Still, I don't think it's too hard to top NBA 2K10 in the controls department.

What was a bit surprising given the short read was how the previewer noted that the game looked so good that it seemed that it was ready to "hit the hard court right now." There's still plenty of time left between here and the release date.

# 28 STLRams @ 06/16/10 08:26 AM
Yes, don't touch shot stick. New dribble moves, thats good news to me, the death of isomotion is good. Im curious from a presentation standpoint what things did they add with the help of the TNT guy. The presentation was already top notch, Im guessing oncourt presentation will look even more like a real NBA game. God im hoping they added a full halftime show, displaying highlights of your game and key plays with someone playbyplay commentary breaking down the action, or even showing highlights of other games going on around the league, I still miss that when NBA Showdown use to do that and NFL2K5.

# 29 jmood88 @ 06/16/10 08:45 AM
No one has said anything about changing the shot stick so I don't understand where that came from.

# 30 youvalss @ 06/16/10 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Anyone who doesn't like the shot stick is not skilled at the game.
Anyone who doesn't like the shot stick - has a button to shoot - like in all other games. Use the button, leave the shot stick for those who like it. Don't understand why people keep complaining about the shot stick. If 2K removed the button I would understand, but you still have the button. USE IT!

# 31 Goffs @ 06/16/10 10:08 AM
hmm so we have players in suits coming off the bus...i wonder if you see injured players on the bench wearing suits

that would be a nice little detail....

# 32 youvalss @ 06/16/10 10:13 AM
I bet Stern had to look at every player's suit - to see if it fits his standards...

# 33 Pared @ 06/16/10 10:40 AM
It's so funny reading some posts in this thread. "2k please don't abandon this," or "2k knows how to build on existing features," when just a year ago it was, "2k needs a new engine," and "2k shouldn't still be building on last-gen."

# 34 jd@os @ 06/16/10 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i wonder if you see injured players on the bench wearing suits
Or when Paul Pierce gets touched, maybe there can be an animation where he acts like he just got hit with sniper fire, wheelchair him back to the locker room, and have him come back to the court 5 minutes later completely healed. Just kidding, just kidding!

Guys on the bench in suits might be a little much. But I do want them to show a player warming up in his warm-ups while the commentators talk about him, in addition to player introductions.

# 35 Eman5805 @ 06/16/10 10:49 AM
Nice to hear they're working on the player models, but I shan't rest until I can move backwards 3 steps without having to summon a friggin' Eidolon via a calculus problem.

# 36 Da-Man @ 06/16/10 10:53 AM
The game sounds promising so far. It would be nice if they could have a 3 man commentary team like in mlb 2k10 and or get rid of Kellog.

# 37 youvalss @ 06/16/10 10:54 AM
I really hope I can still play 2K11 on my computer. If the graphics get better "too much", 2K10 might have been the last one I play until I buy a PS3.

# 38 youvalss @ 06/16/10 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
The game sounds promising so far. It would be nice if they could have a 3 man commentary team like in mlb 2k10 and or get rid of Kellog.
I wouldn't count on big commentary this year. 2K probably already spends a lot of money paying Wang (I'm sure he has quite a price), so not sure how much they can pay to "Big Guns" commetators.

# 39 Epiffani @ 06/16/10 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It's so funny reading some posts in this thread. "2k please don't abandon this," or "2k knows how to build on existing features," when just a year ago it was, "2k needs a new engine," and "2k shouldn't still be building on last-gen."

Sorry, I don't see the correlation between the latter. If anything "2k needs a new engine" and "shouldn't still be building on last-gen" seems to go hand and hand. Also, the "new engine" talk has already begun this year in this forum with "Elite" introducing real time physics.

# 40 Pared @ 06/16/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
Sorry, I don't see the correlation between the latter. If anything "2k needs a new engine" and "shouldn't still be building on last-gen" seems to go hand and hand. Also, the "new engine" talk has already begun this year in this forum with "Elite" introducing real time physics.
Even better. 2k continues to kill it despite everyone offering their advice...

The rest of you: chill with the back and forth/fanboy garbage.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.