Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Chris Gunter will be doing the E3 impressions and answering questions for OS on this front. He had some good conversations with Russ Kiniry from the NCAA team today, and will be able to speak more in-depth with the team in the next two days. Here is what he found out today:

-CPU Recruiting has been tweaked and updated. Not completely sure if they will specifically draft to their team strategy as I didn't get too involved in dynasty yet, but I was told that it will not be possible for a 1-2 star school to just sign everyone like it was in years part.

-No conference realignments this year, as it wil not be hapenning until next year. They will look into this as a possibility for 12.

-No changes to the camera options. Still has the reverse lock cam on defense.

-The window of time for the hand off on the option has been slightly widened due to the reanimating of the hand off.

-Speaking of the option, the CPU seems to run it much better. Played some extended time with Navy versus Army, and the Army QB was pretty good about when to pitch, when to keep, and turning the ball up field.

-The CPU will cut the ball upfield on a much more consistent basis with the running backs. Gone are the days last year of the a CPU RB cutting the ball outside and losing his blockers. From what I have seen, it seems like the CPU run game will be something to keep qqqq

-No major updates to Road To Glory outside of the gameplay changes already known.

-The Speed Bust is now an option to turn on or off. You can change this from the menu system.

-Line play is still up for judgment. I saw some very good things, and a couple of iffy things. The offensive line seems to pick up blitzed well, but I did see some missed assignments on sweeps and such.

The playbook now allows you to scroll up and down between formations while looking at the list of available defensive formations.

That's it for now. Please leave any new questions, or something you may have not gotten answered, as I will be seeing more NCAA tomorrow.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 duckfever8 @ 06/16/10 01:40 AM
Is their a coaching caroseul?

# 22 khaliib @ 06/16/10 02:06 AM
Is it confirmed that these questions will be answered by a Dev or is this just another thread start-up with answer's from other gamers?

Maybe a Moderator could start a thread with everything that's confirmed to be in the retail version and "LOCK IT" so gamer's can go to one spot.

"LOCK IT" so there is not 15 pages of redundant questions as this one will generate because no one want's to read through pages (ie Impressions Thread) to get information about the game.

Mod's can update "Locked Thread" as new information of what's in the game is confirmed.

# 23 jmik58 @ 06/16/10 02:15 AM
Thanks for the updates from ground zero.

Regarding the blocking, I think it's important that people keep in mind that in real life offensive linemen don't always execute their block. Blocking a moving target in the open field is difficult for a 300 lb human being. The better the attributes, the more frequent and successful. This actually means the locomotion and blocking engine are working if linemen are MISSING blocks. Good news IMO.

# 24 cowboykmoney @ 06/16/10 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfever8
Is their a coaching caroseul?
Seems like no one was to worried about this being in. Looking at the demo after each game when the players are running into the tunnel, Its just like Madden 10 you can see a tranier running in with the players.So Im thinking we will have trainers on the field and carted off when hurt bad like Madden. Because I see they have the injuries off in the demo, They must be saving something for us to see like coaches on the sidelines like Madden 10.

# 25 YungPat97 @ 06/16/10 02:37 AM
man he aint answerin no questions wtf

# 26 Potatoes002 @ 06/16/10 02:54 AM
Can we create recruits in Online Dynasty this year? What about job offers or conference invites?

# 27 NDFan1029 @ 06/16/10 03:16 AM
There is most likely no coaching carousel. The game ships in a month and they haven't even hinted at it. They already blew through their big 3 Dynasty Mode announcements, so you'd think it would've been discussed then. Honestly, I think what they have added to the game this year alone is outstanding, so it's not a huge disappointment if nothing else groundbreaking gets unearthed, because this time last year we had only wind socks and crappy nets to look forward to.

# 28 duckfever8 @ 06/16/10 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
There is most likely no coaching carousel. The game ships in a month and they haven't even hinted at it. They already blew through their big 3 Dynasty Mode announcements, so you'd think it would've been discussed then. Honestly, I think what they have added to the game this year alone is outstanding, so it's not a huge disappointment if nothing else groundbreaking gets unearthed, because this time last year we had only wind socks and crappy nets to look forward to.
Coaching carosuel is the ONLY thing from that survey they didn't add (well other than AD mode). But even without the carosuel, NCAA 11 is a huge step above 07/08/09/10, ESPN and locomotion alone are great.

# 29 notoriouzwun @ 06/16/10 04:43 AM
Is there an option for a co commish? or at least someone you can entrust to advance the week?

Sometimes you just wanna be able to advance and get your games out fo the way for the night.

# 30 boritter @ 06/16/10 05:07 AM
-Will Pro Combat templates ever be available on TeamBuilder?

- Is there a limit to the # of online dynasties you can control as commissioner?

# 31 rudyjuly2 @ 06/16/10 06:55 AM
I'd like to know if there are sliders for fumbles, injuries and fatigue (and any other slider news would be great). Too many fumbles in the demo - how is it in the retail version?

# 32 Bellsprout @ 06/16/10 07:08 AM
Is Erin Andrews still in Road to Glory?

She was useless, but damn fun to look at.

# 33 ODogg @ 06/16/10 07:27 AM
Just a comment about the linemen sometimes missing blocks. Do we really want all linemen to execute every, single block? That's unrealistic the same as them missing obvious blocks. If they are making the obvious blocks and lesser rated linemen are missing more difficult ones then I'd say EA has tuned the blocking to what it should be. I know for one I don't want to see all the linemen making every block.

# 34 Aggies7 @ 06/16/10 08:03 AM
Thanks for info Chris

# 35 speedy43 @ 06/16/10 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungPat97
This is to get a list of questions to ask the developers. He's not answering the questions in this thread because he doesn't have the answers yet

# 36 poster @ 06/16/10 09:31 AM
Are there any stat overlays shown in the retail version? I haven't seen any in the demo, really need to get those in there. Thought they would have ESPN style stat overlays.

Please try to follow up to see if the CPU recruits according to offensive play style? This is huge.

Thank you!

# 37 triplepz2003 @ 06/16/10 09:52 AM
Will there be any uniform updates down the road for teams who didn't get their new uniforms in the game (like Arkansas)?

# 38 Skyboxer @ 06/16/10 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungPat97
Seriously?

He said "Please leave any new questions, or something you may have not gotten answered, as I will be seeing more NCAA tomorrow."

*sigh*

# 39 Banks1212 @ 06/16/10 10:54 AM
I would love to know what all they have not shown for presentation yet. Also on their facebook awhile back they put up a picture that asked, What is elite? What was that about? And are the rosters on team builder final?

# 40 ODogg @ 06/16/10 10:56 AM
No

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.