Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Chris Gunter will be doing the E3 impressions and answering questions for OS on this front. He had some good conversations with Russ Kiniry from the NCAA team today, and will be able to speak more in-depth with the team in the next two days. Here is what he found out today:

-CPU Recruiting has been tweaked and updated. Not completely sure if they will specifically draft to their team strategy as I didn't get too involved in dynasty yet, but I was told that it will not be possible for a 1-2 star school to just sign everyone like it was in years part.

-No conference realignments this year, as it wil not be hapenning until next year. They will look into this as a possibility for 12.

-No changes to the camera options. Still has the reverse lock cam on defense.

-The window of time for the hand off on the option has been slightly widened due to the reanimating of the hand off.

-Speaking of the option, the CPU seems to run it much better. Played some extended time with Navy versus Army, and the Army QB was pretty good about when to pitch, when to keep, and turning the ball up field.

-The CPU will cut the ball upfield on a much more consistent basis with the running backs. Gone are the days last year of the a CPU RB cutting the ball outside and losing his blockers. From what I have seen, it seems like the CPU run game will be something to keep qqqq

-No major updates to Road To Glory outside of the gameplay changes already known.

-The Speed Bust is now an option to turn on or off. You can change this from the menu system.

-Line play is still up for judgment. I saw some very good things, and a couple of iffy things. The offensive line seems to pick up blitzed well, but I did see some missed assignments on sweeps and such.

The playbook now allows you to scroll up and down between formations while looking at the list of available defensive formations.

That's it for now. Please leave any new questions, or something you may have not gotten answered, as I will be seeing more NCAA tomorrow.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 boritter @ 06/17/10 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan69
Is the demo an early build or final build?
Tradition football's E3 report said that the demo build is 2 months old. Link:

http://www.traditionfootball.com/ind...caa-2011-info/

Have we heard anything about how many online dynasties 1 person can be the commissioner of at the same time?

# 82 Shawnj86 @ 06/17/10 04:53 AM
this is ok

# 83 souljahbill @ 06/17/10 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Are all the stadiums finally in the game and have they finally added all recent stadium updates like the endzone expansion at Southern Mississippi. (its been three years so it's about time.) that's a big deal to me so please see if you could find out. The demo has me pumped but I want to play in my team's updated stadium. Thanks.
I write for www.themarriedgamers.net and I went to Southern Miss (c/o '01) and I can confirm the stadium expansion and the scoreboard moved to the fieldhouse side. No Seymour though and player's don't run out of the helmet or touch The Rock. They come out of an imaginary tunnel. I played vs. Tulane on varsity on the show floor.

# 84 ODogg @ 06/17/10 08:16 AM
Tradition football is wrong, the devs have said the demo build is one month old, not two.

# 85 BadAssHskr @ 06/17/10 10:35 AM
is Millennium still in the house? i don't really have any real questions for myself, but like to piggy back off of what everyone else has asked.

# 86 ThumbsBruised @ 06/17/10 04:36 PM
If there is a new Team Builder when will it be available? also will the new TB have pride stickers, helmet #'s, more uniform options like a pro combat option? what about more logo spots for a sponsor ex. nike, UA, Adidas and a few more spot for alt logos?

# 87 ODogg @ 06/17/10 04:38 PM
When will we get answers on these questions? ANyone know?

# 88 rudyjuly2 @ 06/17/10 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
When will we get answers on these questions? ANyone know?
Mill said he'd get to it this weekend after the event due to terrible internet connections. He said he'd have detailed NCAA impressions along with a lot of different games via twitter. He did get some Madden time in as well.

# 89 godwhyme @ 06/17/10 07:08 PM
I'm looking forward to some of these answers hopefully the demo isn't close to the final product.

# 90 jdroberts1218 @ 06/17/10 07:27 PM
i think the game is going to be great this year, was really hoping for dreads though!!

but my question is, is that it? or are they going to be revealing more features or something? im still in the anticipation mode for features, but if thats it, then cool.

# 91 MUCHLUV69 @ 06/17/10 07:28 PM
Is the game speed like last years or did that change it to Madden 10's game spped.
Does field/jerseys get messed up as game goes on?

# 92 Skyboxer @ 06/18/10 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHLUV69
Is the game speed like last years or did that change it to Madden 10's game spped.
Does field/jerseys get messed up as game goes on?

There is a game speed slider/settings this year.

# 93 HealyMonster @ 06/18/10 03:14 PM
Is there any type of Halftime show/ weekly recap(extra point type thing) in this game? DO they show the scores or cutscenes at the end of the quarters? I assume a lot of presentational stuff was left out of the demo, I am wondering in the e3 build or final build if there was a lot we have no seen yet?

# 94 jwinslow @ 06/18/10 03:36 PM
Are we still limited to 12 teams per online dynasty?

Sorry if this has been posted already, I've searched throughout this forum for a variety of queries about that subject with no success.

# 95 hornfan @ 06/18/10 06:54 PM
Where are the stat overlays? I am not seeing them in any of the videos that have been posted. I thought the stat overlays would be much better this year with the ESPN presentation.

# 96 rudyjuly2 @ 06/18/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornfan
Where are the stat overlays? I am not seeing them in any of the videos that have been posted. I thought the stat overlays would be much better this year with the ESPN presentation.
I've seen one overlay in about a dozen demo games. Happened when my RB went over 100 yards rushing.

# 97 Solidice @ 06/18/10 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I've seen one overlay in about a dozen demo games. Happened when my RB went over 100 yards rushing.
yeah, I saw one once my back got over 100 as well. also when i saw a cutscene of one of the kickers and it had a stat banner of his stats.

# 98 boritter @ 06/19/10 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeleDinho
Sorry if already asked but will we be able to customize the confrences in OD's? I would love to put Utah in the Pac 10
Not in NCAA11.

# 99 tcc23 @ 06/19/10 04:12 AM
good job

# 100 bonbonan @ 06/19/10 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
yeah, I saw one once my back got over 100 as well. also when i saw a cutscene of one of the kickers and it had a stat banner of his stats.
Nice 1..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.