Home
NHL 11 News Post

What I liked in this video:
  • Goalies look improved from last year (they seem to actively follow the puck)
  • Hits look 10X better than in 10 and look more organic
  • Broken sticks in play look natural
  • Ice looks more real
  • TSN style scoreboard is way better than in NHL 10
Your thoughts?

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ch46647 @ 06/18/10 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I can't talk about any hypothetical changes to the passing system. Sorry.
No problem, I think the game looks great. One more question, with this new physics engine can we really expect "no hit to be the same"? Is every hit a little bit different depending on speed, velocity, heigh and weight of players, point of contact, etc? That would be sweet!

# 42 Qb @ 06/18/10 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
No problem, I think the game looks great. One more question, with this new physics engine can we really expect "no hit to be the same"? Is every hit a little bit different depending on speed, velocity, heigh and weight of players, point of contact, etc? That would be sweet!
You might see similar hits based if the factors you list are similar, but what "no hit will be the same" really means is collisions are no longer based on pre-made animations. In past versions, the game chose from a set number animations based on the circumstances. Now the results will be determined by physics.

It adds a lot of life to the action and think the improvement will be obvious as soon as you play the game.

# 43 ch46647 @ 06/18/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
You might see similar hits based if the factors you list are similar, but what "no hit will be the same" really means is collisions are no longer based on pre-made animations. In past versions, the game chose from a set number animations based on the circumstances. Now the results will be determined by physics.

It adds a lot of life to the action and think the improvement will be obvious as soon as you play the game.
Great, thanks! I am really excited for NHL this year. They are adding a ton of great stuff. Hopefully they add things like team specific chants and stuff like that to make the atmosphere amazing as well.

# 44 Lightbringer719 @ 06/18/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb

Now, that's awesome. No more guys falling to their knees or doing a ballerina spin for no discernable reasons.

# 45 onlybygrace @ 06/19/10 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UwantRadie
Oh I agree... I think we are YEARS away from that. Right now it is just about finding the best possible way of "cheating" the system to make it seem like they are acting human.

Thats the beauty of presentation.

Even if they can't get them to act human, better presentation and immersion helps us feel as though it were actually real...therefore, what are they but humans?!?!?!? lol

Anyhow...I just want to say while I'm on the subect of presentation.

Having seen the 5-man hugs and the custom celebrations (which I assume there are realistic options) and new and improved scoreboard overlays, I'd be really satisfied if EA would just at least use the current stat overlays they have in NHL 10 during season and playoff games that show the players current season stats, but made them appear 3 times as often.

Hats off to you if you read that. That was one hell of a 'run on' sentence.

# 46 i c u cant stop me @ 06/19/10 01:47 AM
Man cant wait till nhl 11..still playing nhl 10 to this day! question though...are broken sticks going to be in nhl 11's eashl??? and what about the play after the post play wistle?? please tell me its still in its pretty fun lol. great job agian to the nhl guys best title in the easports flagship!

# 47 MizzouRah @ 06/19/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
They had it rigged up with a button combination so it could be triggered on demand, sort of a necessity for demoing something that happens infrequently.
Thank you.. was hoping this was the reason.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.