Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos on OS, check out and subscribe to our Youtube page. Check out Madden NFL 11 video page for more videos.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TreyIM2 @ 06/17/10 10:54 AM
I think I'm amped again, a bit, for Madden 11. Hearing Gus in the Denver/Skins vid lit me up. I'm also loving the new auto instant replays that not only capture good offensive plays but good and bad plays from both sides of the ball. Can't wait for the 5 min qtrs demo next month.

# 2 Senator Palmer @ 06/17/10 11:13 AM
I like the throwing motions this year. They seemed to have been smoothed out some. The wind-up on that bomb that Alex Smith threw at the end of the 49er vid looked really good.

# 3 Valdarez @ 06/17/10 12:04 PM
Watch the 1st video at 0:36. The defender over pursues the runner, and instead of letting him go the blocker turns around to chase the defender, leaving the other defender to come through and make the tackle untouched. I'm sorry, but the blocking is not fixed. If a defender has taken himself out of the play then the lead blocker should not follow him or even pay attention to him even if that's 'his guy'. The lead blocker should continue looking up field and find the next guy to block.

# 4 Nev @ 06/17/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Watch the 1st video at 0:36. The defender over pursues the runner, and instead of letting him go the blocker turns around to chase the defender, leaving the other defender to come through and make the tackle untouched. I'm sorry, but the blocking is not fixed. If a defender has taken himself out of the play then the lead blocker should not follow him or even pay attention to him even if that's 'his guy'. The lead blocker should continue looking up field and find the next guy to block.
WOW thats pretty bad. lol

# 5 goodygoody @ 06/17/10 12:20 PM
Lovin the touchdown call

# 6 mm boost @ 06/17/10 12:45 PM
Quote:
Yeah, cause heaven forbid, that never happens in real life!

Wow, that cut scene showing the trainers giving them water during the time out/quarter change was awesome. Small things like that really add up to make a game realistic. And it is a REALLY small thing, but I love how they show stats during the replay, instead of just having a plan looking screen. I loved how that looked. And I loved how AFTER the extra point kick they showed a recap of the scoring play, very nice touch EA. They are finally getting it on the presentation department.

# 7 TreyIM2 @ 06/17/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Yea, u got that right but hopefully it's slip by the AI and is not the norm

# 8 Champ24 @ 06/17/10 02:55 PM
Quote:
In all fairness here, if you freeze the video right at :36 I think it's asking a bit much of the AI to totally ignore a potential threat that just went by and is no more than three yards past him. You can see the lineman's head has already turned to the left as well to engage. The next potential threat was still a good 6-8 yds away to his right on the inside of the 40. EA will never be able to win in circumstances like this. And just for the record I haven't purchased Madden in the last 2 years.

# 9 JerzeyReign @ 06/17/10 03:14 PM
What does you not purchasing Madden for 2 years have to do with anything?

Thanks for posting the vid. Gus Johnson adds alotta excitement to the game. Hopefully he recorded alot of audio and doesn't become predictable a month into the game. I purchase Madden every year.

# 10 CaliDude916 @ 06/17/10 03:28 PM
Finally!!!!!! I get to see some gameplay of my Niners!!! And I must say, they're lookin pretty good.

# 11 Champ24 @ 06/17/10 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
What does you not purchasing Madden for 2 years have to do with anything?

Thanks for posting the vid. Gus Johnson adds alotta excitement to the game. Hopefully he recorded alot of audio and doesn't become predictable a month into the game. I purchase Madden every year.
I was just making a point that I wasn't defending the video because I'm a biased Madden head. I call it like I see it and that criticism was over the top it my opinion.

# 12 DavonBrown @ 06/18/10 12:22 AM
Quote:
1. Dawkins was not completely out of the play and still had a chance to make the tackle.
2. The lineman has his back turned to the so he does not know exactly where Gore is therefore he does not know that Brian Dawkins is taking himself out of the play he just assumes that he is trying to get around him to get a clear path to make the tackle.
3. The lineman could have a low awareness rating.
4. It happens in real life.

Now if linemen make that decision in that situation everytime then we may have a problem.

# 13 Millennium @ 06/18/10 01:37 PM
Uploading a bunch of E3 vids now, just an FYI.

# 14 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/18/10 02:14 PM
The video looks good. Can't wait for the demo next month. Thanks alot guys for the good video footage.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.