Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sarlndr @ 06/17/10 11:06 PM
I see it's still in the game.

The whole bouncing off tackles is ridiculous.

# 22 PaleVermilion @ 06/17/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23134
Don't punish the hard-working FIFA, NHL, and (as of right now) Elite team for Tiburon's inability to make a quality football game.
You're right. My bad. Let me correct it: "I'll never buy another EA football game."

# 23 maddenps2 @ 06/17/10 11:12 PM
Reggie bush stood up, ping pong like bounces as the defenders try to tackle Bush during a one on one scripted motion capture tackle animation. This is next gen football? What has the pro-tak system done for next gen football?

# 24 K_GUN @ 06/17/10 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboii2008
LOL So me and Raiders81tim are the only ones who saw three people fall of Reggie without touching him??
no....only the ones who care

# 25 jf28 @ 06/17/10 11:39 PM
That video confirmed something I was already leaning towards... first Madden since 1999 that I'm not buying.

# 26 tommyboii2008 @ 06/17/10 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
no....only the ones who care
Im glad we're the only ones who care about realism.. thank you for clarifying that

# 27 KG @ 06/17/10 11:41 PM
It's not the locomotion that is a problem, it's the pro-tak and lack of 2nd/3rd defender collisions on certain animations. Whenever the ball carrier is stood up and there is a 2nd or 3rd defender, too many times pursuing defenders bounce off the ball carrier and when they do initiate pro-tak the collisions look too passive. I'd be happy if they just limited to pro-tak to certain players (Brandon Jacobs, Turner, etc...). That should never happen with a speed back like Bush.

# 28 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/17/10 11:41 PM
I won't go that far, but I will say that my purchasing this game hinges on a spectacular demo experience.

This year, I just don't have that "I've got to have this game" feeling...even if that means not playing NFL football for a year...However, I do get that feeling from NCAA after playing the demo.

EA, make me want this game. Put out an awesome demo.

# 29 jclentzthadon @ 06/17/10 11:46 PM
sigh (facepalm). Seriously, how in the world do you have 365 days and it still happens?

# 30 SouthernBrick @ 06/17/10 11:47 PM
Locomotion looked good IMO but, that game should have went into OT.

# 31 at23steelers @ 06/18/10 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
I won't go that far, but I will say that my purchasing this game hinges on a spectacular demo experience.

This year, I just don't have that "I've got to have this game" feeling...even if that means not playing NFL football for a year...However, I do get that feeling from NCAA after playing the demo.

EA, make me want this game. Put out an awesome demo.
Since Madden and NCAA are very similar games, is it the presentation that makes you have that feeling of playing NCAA a lot more, or is it knowing there is much more features once you actually get the game. I am just surprised someone thinks how much differently the two games are, from a gameplay aspect.

# 32 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/18/10 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Since Madden and NCAA are very similar games, is it the presentation that makes you have that feeling of playing NCAA a lot more, or is it knowing there is much more features once you actually get the game. I am just surprised someone thinks how much differently the two games are, from a gameplay aspect.
I think it's a combination of both--I'm a fan of NFL, but I like college football too (since I went to NC State, I love building them up to a national powerhouse)...and I just think that the Dynasty feature will be much more functional than the Franchise feature in Madden...the presentation seems better from what I've seen, and, with there being little or no difference in actual gameplay, I'd just rather spend my $60 on the game that I think will hold my interest better--the more fleshed out, superior dynasty mode. Last years Franchise didn't really make me want to play for more than 3 seasons...I haven't bought NCAA since 09, but that year I played at least 10 seasons....now, this could all change if the madden demo blows me away with respect to presentation...but I still think that dynasty will be much better than Franchise. So that'll probably be what I get.

# 33 tommyboii2008 @ 06/18/10 12:13 AM
Why are these sports games $60 every year?? Doesnt make a lot a sense to pay full price for minor upgraded games.. Just a thought..

# 34 at23steelers @ 06/18/10 12:14 AM
Quote:
I think it's a combination of both--I'm a fan of NFL, but I like college football too (since I went to NC State, I love building them up to a national powerhouse)...and I just think that the Dynasty feature will be much more functional than the Franchise feature in Madden...the presentation seems better from what I've seen, and, with there being little or no difference in actual gameplay, I'd just rather spend my $60 on the game that I think will hold my interest better--the more fleshed out, superior dynasty mode. Last years Franchise didn't really make me want to play for more than 3 seasons...I haven't bought NCAA since 09, but that year I played at least 10 seasons....now, this could all change if the madden demo blows me away with respect to presentation...but I still think that dynasty will be much better than Franchise. So that'll probably be what I get.
Oh, ok fair enough. Wasn't sure if there was something gameplay-wise in the NCAA 11 that blew you away over the Madden 11 videos. I agree with you though, that NCAA 11 has much better game modes than Madden, although not too sure yet on presentation. NCAA 11's announcing is pretty stale, and optimistic on Madden 11's, but hasn't blown me away yet, like I was hoping. Personally, I am a much bigger NFL fan, so I usually get Madden over NCAA no matter what, but will rent NCAA for a few weeks while waiting to get Madden if it's a good game. Last year's NCAA, I couldn't even play more than a half without turning it off, because of how bad it was. Now, with this demo I have played about 15 games. It made such a big leap forward, whereas Madden made a smaller leap forward because it was such a better game last year.

# 35 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/18/10 12:23 AM
Normally I'd be getting Madden too...I've only owned 2 copies of NCAA...04 and 09, I think...but the demo for NCAA 11 has been phenomenal...at least in my opinion. That's why I'm waiting for the demo of Madden...maybe it'll change my mind. But, unlike previous years, this year they HAVE to change my mind for me to buy it, not me having a mindset of "I'm getting Madden. I hope it's good."

But all signs point to the gameplay being pretty much identical between the two games, so I THINK that isn't really an issue...it's more along the lines of, "What will I have more fun with? Dynasty, which has been improving pretty much yearly, or Franchise, which I didn't have fun with last year and won't be fun this year?"

To each their own. I hope Madden is great, but I'm tempering my optimism this year.

# 36 at23steelers @ 06/18/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Normally I'd be getting Madden too...I've only owned 2 copies of NCAA...04 and 09, I think...but the demo for NCAA 11 has been phenomenal...at least in my opinion. That's why I'm waiting for the demo of Madden...maybe it'll change my mind. But, unlike previous years, this year they HAVE to change my mind for me to buy it, not me having a mindset of "I'm getting Madden. I hope it's good."

But all signs point to the gameplay being pretty much identical between the two games, so I THINK that isn't really an issue...it's more along the lines of, "What will I have more fun with? Dynasty, which has been improving pretty much yearly, or Franchise, which I didn't have fun with last year and won't be fun this year?"

To each their own. I hope Madden is great, but I'm tempering my optimism this year.
You can keep your dynasty mode as long as you ship me progressive lighting, lock-on, and the ESPN presentation!

# 37 thesteamontheboat @ 06/18/10 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Linebackers bouncing off Reggie bush like hes superman. Facepalm.
Eli Manning bounced off Patriot D linemen in the superbowl its called the miracle b4 the catch

# 38 Outkizast @ 06/18/10 12:30 AM
waaaack....

+ I liked the locomotion
- HATE that you can break out of a tackle with like 3 or 4 guys in position to make the tackle... I would rather they just COMPLETELY took out the ability to break tackles on pro-tak like that...

# 39 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/18/10 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
You can keep your dynasty mode as long as you ship me progressive lighting, lock-on, and the ESPN presentation!
That sounds like an EA deal to me. "We'll give you this one thing, but you give US all this stuff in return! Yes? Eh? Good deal, huh?"

# 40 at23steelers @ 06/18/10 12:34 AM
Quote:
That sounds like an EA deal to me. "We'll give you this one thing, but you give US all this stuff in return! Yes? Eh? Good deal, huh?"
Haha, that's a good way to put it. I mean they don't want to spoil you. So, they take out 5 positive things about the game, and give you 5 average things. That's a way for progression isn't it?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.