Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 at23steelers @ 06/18/10 08:46 AM
Gus Johnson is sounding awesome, just wish he said more pre-play. That kick in the first video was so close! I guess the halftime show is just highlights and comparing the two QB's stats. Also, them showing the penalty in the screen above where you decide to accept or decline it is a nice addition. Also, in video 7, first time I heard Gus ask Chris his thoughts about something.

# 2 MrSkagTrendy @ 06/18/10 09:02 AM
Really starting to dig what Gus Johnson sounds like in this game now..

# 3 mm boost @ 06/18/10 09:03 AM
I am sure I will update as I watch, but first thing I noticed - unnecessary roughness penalty on Gerald Sensabaugh was a thing of beauty, and a very nice hit to boot.

The halftime thing had to be a place holder, given they still have 2 months left. Since when at half time do they show players and coaches on the sidelines? Never, so I think this will be fixed before launch. Just my opinion, but I could be wrong. Just like all the teams have the same entrance right now, I really think they threw the game together so they could get a playable demo to E3. Now its time to fine tune and polish. I haven't heard any of the stadium music like they talked about, so I believe it will all be polished up soon.

Edit:

That game flowed like such a real life game, and I loved how freaking powerful the CPU AI was in calling plays....they were being very aggressive. At the end of the game, the scenes showing the players holding hands hoping to hang on for the win was classic. Also, the Doritos Crunchtime play of the game was sweet, and Old Spice Swagger POTG....that really adds realism. I cannot wait to dig deep into this game and see all of this for myself. And the presentation for superbowl is gonna be SICK!

# 4 RGiles36 @ 06/18/10 09:10 AM
Wait for it....

Can somebody please embed these?

Muchos gracias!

# 5 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/18/10 09:34 AM
Well I'm really crosing my fingers that isn't the halftime show. Because if it is then that is a step down from last year. But other then that it looks good.

# 6 patsfan188 @ 06/18/10 09:34 AM
Yes no halftime show!

# 7 Kushmir @ 06/18/10 09:49 AM
no overflow of deep pass completions?

niiiiiice.

(crosses fingers for a signifigant amount of passes batted down at the line and pass defenders dislodging the ball)...tone down the passing game and we might FINALLY have the balance we've all wanted for so long.

# 8 droopizzle34 @ 06/18/10 09:57 AM
looks like flat abuse is gonna still be a problem this yr.

# 9 jpdavis82 @ 06/18/10 10:22 AM
I liked the Cooooley chant in video 4 around 2:17. Gus sounds great and the more videos I see the more I am impressed. I can't wait till they add stadium sounds and each team's pregame chants. I remember reading that they used a player from each team to do the pregame chants. I also think that the halftime show is in the early stages and they will add to it as well.

# 10 DocZulu @ 06/18/10 10:49 AM
Yeah, that was obvious in all of the clips. Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
looks like flat abuse is gonna still be a problem this yr.

# 11 jpdavis82 @ 06/18/10 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManHCP42
Would really have been nice if Keith Brooking's "Bloody their nose" chant was in there.

Ah well.
It may still be in there I remember reading that they recorded pregame pump ups for each team with current players in the nfl. Surely Ray Lewis' "gametime" will be in the final build if that is the case.

# 12 STLRams @ 06/18/10 10:59 AM
Sooo, is it me or does the halftime show look even less in Madden11 than it did Madden10?? Ian said last year that the halftime show and Extra Point show would be improved and would have play by play commentary during the highlights. This better not be like this in the final version.

# 13 Hollywoods_Finest @ 06/18/10 11:04 AM
This looks like madden 10 are you people blind?

# 14 Champ24 @ 06/18/10 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoods_Finest
This looks like madden 10 are you people blind?
How different do you think the game is going to look. Seriously. The difference will come from how it plays.

# 15 TreyIM2 @ 06/18/10 11:27 AM
In the first vid on the first kickoff, I noticed the ball carrier get popped and spun down to the grown while another defensive player was already engaged with the ball carrier. NICE! I see a lot about this game is going to come down to the small stuff.

# 16 Xeper84 @ 06/18/10 11:36 AM
hmm not impressed
-checkdowns are ALWAYS open
-still injuries after every 6th play
-Cowboys are playing zone? I'am a cowboys fan and they use man about @80%
-Halftimeshow is final! get over it! they just have about 10 days left to finalize. Madden goes Gold always on 26.6, they need some time to produce the units they need. E3 version was always a 99% release build.
-cpu RB is still not using holes (no good cpu running game like 10?)
-i really really hope he played on pro or rookie boy that was a bad played game by the cpu
-numbers on cowboys jerseys look weird (the 88 for example)
-some WR models are off. Bryant looks like a TE

# 17 PVarck31 @ 06/18/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
How different do you think the game is going to look. Seriously. The difference will come from how it plays.
This is the best post I have seen in a week.

# 18 acreyman @ 06/18/10 12:26 PM
WOW! Lets just throw to the flats all day long......and why not? They are never covered! I guess they did not fix this and as far as I can tell the coverage in the flats is much better in NCAA this year.

# 19 phant030 @ 06/18/10 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
and as far as I can tell the coverage in the flats is much better in NCAA this year.
I think the close spd of the defense on those routes in NCAA is good.

# 20 PVarck31 @ 06/18/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
WOW! Lets just throw to the flats all day long......and why not? They are never covered! I guess they did not fix this and as far as I can tell the coverage in the flats is much better in NCAA this year.
I agree. I really hope this is fixed. Its just to much of a temptation. You know you can always go to the flats if you need to.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.