Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Banks1212 @ 06/19/10 12:23 PM
See at :58 seconds, the rushing play, the TE's AI says he is supposed to block the OLB. But the OLB goes inside, and the TE runs right by the MLB who runs unblocked to make the play.
So does that mean the RB should have ran inside or should the TE blocked the MLB who showed up to make the play?

# 2 dan_457 @ 06/19/10 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks1212
See at :58 seconds, the rushing play, the TE's AI says he is supposed to block the OLB. But the OLB goes inside, and the TE runs right by the MLB who runs unblocked to make the play.
So does that mean the RB should have ran inside or should the TE blocked the MLB who showed up to make the play?
The play didn't work out because he ran to the outside and because the the offensive line didn't hold their blocks long enough. If you look at where the OLB went, the TE actually made a good choice, had the HB gone in between the T and the G(and they actually held their blocks) it would have been a decent gain.

# 3 Banks1212 @ 06/19/10 01:31 PM
Yea I was thinking that too. Probably a good cutback opportunity, run the MLB wide and cut back into the hole. Of course the OL not holding their blocks killed the play anyway.

# 4 DGuinta1 @ 06/20/10 01:29 PM
Nice to see PSU getting some luv! =]

# 5 nevadawp @ 06/20/10 02:12 PM
The play was designed to be run between the gap of the LT and LG. The TE went up field to block the OLB (his assignment) but the LB moved inside. The DT sheds his block off the LG very quickly, filling that gap, so the play was probably going to be a bust anyway. The MLB was left unblocked and came over to make the play.

Also interesting to note the TE and RT double teaming the DE on the right side. The RT looks like he gets pancake blocked by his own player, knocked down from behind.

# 6 Hiro1 @ 06/20/10 03:05 PM
funny I thought the play didnt work because 3 offenders was trying to block 4 defenders. =]

# 7 franko3219 @ 06/20/10 04:00 PM
Another thing to keep in mind about AI blocking assignments is that it will not always be perfect. It happens in real life, quite often it is the differnce between a big gain and, as you see here, a busted play.

# 8 Kramer5150 @ 06/20/10 04:17 PM
Nice video.
But something is still bothering me (demo has it as well)....when you come up to the line,and show the "play art",the safety will get in the exact line of the route being run.

So would this indicate the problem of defenders knowing routes? I know it's been in past EA games as well,and one of the things that I hoped would've been fixed....

# 9 Kramer5150 @ 06/20/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
honestly never noticed this before....hmm lol will be worth taking a look at, I suppose!
Watch about the 18-20 sec mark,the play called is a slant....and as soon as the play art is pulled up showing the route,watch the deep safety shift over and cover the exact line for the outside receiver.

# 10 Kramer5150 @ 06/20/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
not sure if you were being a smartalec, but please.... don't have to tell me the name of routes lol...played WR for several years
Give me a break,I wasn't saying anything to be a "smartalec",I was merely pointing out the route,your "credentials" mean nothing to me.

# 11 carlhungis @ 06/20/10 08:16 PM
I don't like how the WR seemed to warp to catch that "slant" (no offense to any of the long time WR's out there). Other than that, I like what I see.

# 12 CurryStorm @ 06/20/10 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhungis
I don't like how the WR seemed to warp to catch that "slant" (no offense to any of the long time WR's out there). Other than that, I like what I see.

# 13 Kramer5150 @ 06/20/10 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhungis

# 14 dan_457 @ 06/21/10 02:01 AM
Quote:
WTF hillbilly? Just because I'm from Alabama DOESN'T mean I have a lagging intellect. In fact, I've made all As since 8th grade. Don't write me off just because there are a bunch of rednecks in our state, as that is obviously the only basis for your comments. Oh and are you sure you didn't mean more in stead of less? Would actually make a bit more sense, if you think about it.

I think that was a supposed to be a joke(albeit a poor attempt). I believe he was referencing this. vvvv

Quote:
sorry, guess I kinda got the vibe you were saying it in a babying tone for some reason...you know like "okay now little Billy. the name of this route is a slant" if you get what I mean. MY bad about that.

# 15 dan_457 @ 06/21/10 02:16 AM
I hope it was some kind of joke anyway, I don't see why anyone would just randomly say something like that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.