D. Colquitt - 91
B. Moorman - 90
S. Koch - 86

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 AngerParade @ 06/25/10 08:17 AM
It doesn't look like most of these ratings have changed for the last few years give or take a couple players. Madden has pretty much lost me. While the game play was better last year, all the other stuff was so bad (I'm looking at you progression) it made the game unenjoyable.

# 162 sportyguyfl31 @ 06/25/10 11:38 AM
99 for Brees just screams cover boy and superbowl bonus...how the hell he is rated higher then a guy coming off his 4th MVP award is beyond me.

Madden 12 Im sure he'll be right back to a 92-95 where he should be.

These developers come across as guys who get their football knowledge from NFL Primetime, and Monday Night Countdown soundbites and highlights.

All sports game designers need to employee a former scout, or player personnel man. Someone who has actually watched game film for a living..so they can take these damn spread sheet that these clowns come up with, and laugh in their faces.

# 163 steelers1 @ 06/25/10 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
1. I know Big Ben won a super bowl but Rivers could have done it too if he had a defense that dominant. I mean Brad Johnson won a super bowl with a fantastic defense.

2. Drew Brees definitely deserves to be a 99. He played like an all time great last year. And I HATE the saints (falcon fan).
Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer don't drive 88 yards in 2 minutes and throw Super Bowl winning touchdowns either. They also don't throw for 500 yards and throw 'walk off' TD passes or win over 70% of their starts.

Big Ben was a 'game manager' his first 2 years in the league, but during the playoffs in his second year, he stepped up and played HUGE, and he's been the man ever since. The only people who compare him to guys like Brad Johnson are either ignorant or haters and haven't watched him play. How many 4th qtr game winning drives, 300+ yard games, playoff wins, Super Bowls, etc. does Roethlisberger have to have before he sheds that image? I mean he averaged over 288 yards/game last season and put up a 100+ passer rating.

And the 'anybody' can win with a good defense remark is just stupid. The Steelers of the 90's had great defense, a great offensive line, running game, etc. Guess what... no QB, no Lombardi.

And Philip Rivers has had plenty of talent on both sides of the ball throughout his career. That D has had about one below average year and that was when they went 8-8. They are consistently a top 10 scoring defense. Sure, they're no Steelers or Ravens, but with such an explosive offense I think any excuses are pretty lame.

I could really care less about the rating, it's just the general disrespect of Roethlisberger that annoys me. People don't like the way he plays the game and it annoys them that he always wins. His latest off-field incident just gives people more reason to hate him and diss him.

# 164 canes21 @ 06/25/10 01:31 PM
Big Ben gets respect, but he isn't the QB you make him out to be. I would take Rogers, Manning, Brees, and Rivers over Roethlisburger any day of the week.

# 165 angels eclipse7 @ 06/25/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer don't drive 88 yards in 2 minutes and throw Super Bowl winning touchdowns either. They also don't throw for 500 yards and throw 'walk off' TD passes or win over 70% of their starts.

Big Ben was a 'game manager' his first 2 years in the league, but during the playoffs in his second year, he stepped up and played HUGE, and he's been the man ever since. The only people who compare him to guys like Brad Johnson are either ignorant or haters and haven't watched him play. How many 4th qtr game winning drives, 300+ yard games, playoff wins, Super Bowls, etc. does Roethlisberger have to have before he sheds that image? I mean he averaged over 288 yards/game last season and put up a 100+ passer rating.

And the 'anybody' can win with a good defense remark is just stupid. The Steelers of the 90's had great defense, a great offensive line, running game, etc. Guess what... no QB, no Lombardi.

And Philip Rivers has had plenty of talent on both sides of the ball throughout his career. That D has had about one below average year and that was when they went 8-8. They are consistently a top 10 scoring defense. Sure, they're no Steelers or Ravens, but with such an explosive offense I think any excuses are pretty lame.

I could really care less about the rating, it's just the general disrespect of Roethlisberger that annoys me. People don't like the way he plays the game and it annoys them that he always wins. His latest off-field incident just gives people more reason to hate him and diss him.
1. No, they didn't have to drive down for a game winning touchdown because they already had the game won early thanks to a fantastic defense.

2. I'm not comparing him to Brad Johnson. They are nothing alike. I'm just saying that the simple reason that "he won a superbowl or 2" doesn't make him a great quarterback.

3. I'm not saying anybody can win with a great D. I'm saying you don't have to be a top quarterback to do it. Rex Grossman reached the superbowl....

4. Yeah, the chargers had talent all around, but he didn't have, in my opinion, one of the top ten defenses all time.

5. I know you don't think I respect the man, but I really do. He is absolutely one of the best QBs in the league. I'm just saying he is not top 5.

top 5 in my book:
Brees
Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Rivers

To be honest, the reason he is not a top 5 is consistency.
His passer rating over the last 4 years:
09: 100.5
08: 80.1
07: 104.1
06: 75.4 (in which btw, he through 5 more picks than TDs)

Some years, he is just phenomenal, and other years he is average at best. That is why he is considered one of the better QBs but not a top 5 QB. We all know what he is capable of, but he needs consistency.

# 166 CaliDude916 @ 06/25/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Big Ben gets respect, but he isn't the QB you make him out to be. I would take Rogers, Manning, Brees, and Rivers over Roethlisburger any day of the week.
I agree.

# 167 Franchise-Star-21 @ 06/25/10 03:52 PM
Big ben Better then Aaron Rodgers ... LOL !

# 168 steelers1 @ 06/25/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
1. No, they didn't have to drive down for a game winning touchdown because they already had the game won early thanks to a fantastic defense.

2. I'm not comparing him to Brad Johnson. They are nothing alike. I'm just saying that the simple reason that "he won a superbowl or 2" doesn't make him a great quarterback.

3. I'm not saying anybody can win with a great D. I'm saying you don't have to be a top quarterback to do it. Rex Grossman reached the superbowl....

4. Yeah, the chargers had talent all around, but he didn't have, in my opinion, one of the top ten defenses all time.

5. I know you don't think I respect the man, but I really do. He is absolutely one of the best QBs in the league. I'm just saying he is not top 5.

top 5 in my book:
Brees
Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Rivers

To be honest, the reason he is not a top 5 is consistency.
His passer rating over the last 4 years:
09: 100.5
08: 80.1
07: 104.1
06: 75.4 (in which btw, he through 5 more picks than TDs)

Some years, he is just phenomenal, and other years he is average at best. That is why he is considered one of the better QBs but not a top 5 QB. We all know what he is capable of, but he needs consistency.
This is a good post, but I'm pretty good at making excuses for stuff. First of all, why only the last 4 years?
05: 98.6
04: 98.1

That's 4 out of 6 years with a 98+ passer rating. 2 mediocre years.

In 06 we all know about his problems. Rushed back from appendicitis in week 2 and then rushed back again from a concussion mid season he struggled most of the year including I think his worst game ever against the Raiders with 4 INTs.

In '08, his stats were definitely not great, but he actually had a really good regular season except for a 3 game stretch. The Steelers played against the toughest defenses week in and week out that year. Ben was our offense that year. Our running game was awful and our O-line sucked. Despite that, he came through over and over in the clutch.

Anyway, the only reason his overall stats don't show it is because he had a HORRIBLE 3 game stretch against the Giants, Redskins, and Colts. Ignoring that he played injured in that stretch (I think that only really affected the Redskins game where he had to miss half the game), he played poorly and basically lost the game against the Colts himself. In that stretch, he had a 37.5 passer rating and 1-2 record and threw only 1 TD compared to 8 INTs. BUT, in the other 13 games of the year he had an 11-2 record and went 234-382 for 2782 yards with 16 TDs to 7 INTs with a rating of 89.8.

Basically he played well the whole year, but had really bad statistical luck. I think it was 5 or 6 INTs he threw that weren't his fault. He had 3 hail mary passes at the ends of losses that were intercepted (meaningless picks, but still hurt the stats), then had one or 2 passes picked off after being tipped at the LOS, and another off the hands of Nate Washington (note that 4 of these came in that 3 game stretch). He also had I think 2 (maybe 3) TD passes called back by penalties (BS or otherwise) and also a couple dropped. That's why you will hear almost any Steelers fan who watched him that year say 'stats don't tell the story.'

Basically, I'm saying that he sucked in '06 (but with the decent excuse of almost dying and being rushed into action) and played good in '08 but a couple games killed his stats. The guy has a 91.7 career regular season rating, is up there with Tom Brady as far as playoff QBs go this decade, and more proven than Rivers or Rodgers. I can see how Rivers could be argued for, and Rodgers could be there with another great year or two, but just hasn't proven himself in my eyes yet. 2 years with pretty stats alone don't make a top 5 NFL QB. He's 17-15 as a starter and 0-1 in the playoffs.

# 169 SteelerSpartan @ 06/25/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Roethlisberger = Game Manager.... Aaron Rodgers = future hall of famer. Live with it Steeler fans not only do you have a serial rapist at QB, but an average one at that. Raplisberger can not even touch Rodgers in terms of skill. A-Rod would have beaten the Cards had our defense actually showed up. He may be 0-1 in the playoffs but he played good enough to win. Whereas, Raplisberger only wins because of his defense, He had what, a 20 QB rating in one of the SB's he won? That alone proves he is only as good as his defense.
what other game managers threw for over 500 yards against you guys last year????

# 170 steelers1 @ 06/25/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Roethlisberger = Game Manager.... Aaron Rodgers = future hall of famer. Live with it Steeler fans not only do you have a serial rapist at QB, but an average one at that. Raplisberger can not even touch Rodgers in terms of skill. A-Rod would have beaten the Cards had our defense actually showed up. He may be 0-1 in the playoffs but he played good enough to win. Whereas, Raplisberger only wins because of his defense, He had what, a 20 QB rating in one of the SB's he won? That alone proves he is only as good as his defense.
Haha. Hilarious. Judging by that post, I can safely assume you were either not born yet, or too young to remember the Packers winning a Super Bowl, so of course you have to take pride in statistical moral victories.

Maybe the Packers could have won their playoff game this past year if Rodgers hadn't fumbled the ball away in overtime. As I recall, neither defense showed up to that game.

Also, just to let you in on a little secret as a fan... having a 0.0 rating in a Super Bowl win would be better than having a 158.3 rating in a loss. The point of football is to win, not put up fantasy numbers. If you think any Steelers fans feel any shame about winning Super Bowl 40 you're dead wrong. And Big Ben played lights out in the 3 playoff games before the SB too... defense didn't do it by themselves by any stretch of the imagination.

Back before Tom Brady's 50 TD season it's not like he was putting up ridiculous stats but he was always considered a top 2 QB. And guess what... the Pats won with GREAT DEFENSE (and great videotapes, but that's beside the point). Not a lot of teams win Super Bowls with a bad defense.

# 171 angels eclipse7 @ 06/25/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
This is a good post, but I'm pretty good at making excuses for stuff. First of all, why only the last 4 years?
05: 98.6
04: 98.1

That's 4 out of 6 years with a 98+ passer rating. 2 mediocre years.

In 06 we all know about his problems. Rushed back from appendicitis in week 2 and then rushed back again from a concussion mid season he struggled most of the year including I think his worst game ever against the Raiders with 4 INTs.

In '08, his stats were definitely not great, but he actually had a really good regular season except for a 3 game stretch. The Steelers played against the toughest defenses week in and week out that year. Ben was our offense that year. Our running game was awful and our O-line sucked. Despite that, he came through over and over in the clutch.

Anyway, the only reason his overall stats don't show it is because he had a HORRIBLE 3 game stretch against the Giants, Redskins, and Colts. Ignoring that he played injured in that stretch (I think that only really affected the Redskins game where he had to miss half the game), he played poorly and basically lost the game against the Colts himself. In that stretch, he had a 37.5 passer rating and 1-2 record and threw only 1 TD compared to 8 INTs. BUT, in the other 13 games of the year he had an 11-2 record and went 234-382 for 2782 yards with 16 TDs to 7 INTs with a rating of 89.8.

Basically he played well the whole year, but had really bad statistical luck. I think it was 5 or 6 INTs he threw that weren't his fault. He had 3 hail mary passes at the ends of losses that were intercepted (meaningless picks, but still hurt the stats), then had one or 2 passes picked off after being tipped at the LOS, and another off the hands of Nate Washington (note that 4 of these came in that 3 game stretch). He also had I think 2 (maybe 3) TD passes called back by penalties (BS or otherwise) and also a couple dropped. That's why you will hear almost any Steelers fan who watched him that year say 'stats don't tell the story.'

Basically, I'm saying that he sucked in '06 (but with the decent excuse of almost dying and being rushed into action) and played good in '08 but a couple games killed his stats. The guy has a 91.7 career regular season rating, is up there with Tom Brady as far as playoff QBs go this decade, and more proven than Rivers or Rodgers. I can see how Rivers could be argued for, and Rodgers could be there with another great year or two, but just hasn't proven himself in my eyes yet. 2 years with pretty stats alone don't make a top 5 NFL QB. He's 17-15 as a starter and 0-1 in the playoffs.
Every quarterback throws interceptions that are not their fault. As a Falcon fan, I remember Joey Harrington and Vick both looking awful because the receivers were dropping balls or bobbling them up in the air in which they would be intercepted. It may not have been their fault but a lot of quarterbacks have the same bad luck, and most people still point the finger at them for throwing the picks.

Good post though. Rodgers is just now really getting great though. A lot of good qbs will have a game where they throw 4 picks and it makes them look bad. It happens to everyone. You just have to look at their overall stats as a whole. Or what I like to do is look at how many good games they had compared to bad. To me, Big Ben is kind of like Bradshaw in that he will be no where near the idea of best QB ever, but still possibly a hall of famer for winning multiple super bowls.

Just curious, if Bradshaw was in Madden, what would you rate him? I'd go somwhere 91-94. You?

# 172 steelers1 @ 06/25/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
Every quarterback throws interceptions that are not their fault. As a Falcon fan, I remember Joey Harrington and Vick both looking awful because the receivers were dropping balls or bobbling them up in the air in which they would be intercepted. It may not have been their fault but a lot of quarterbacks have the same bad luck, and most people still point the finger at them for throwing the picks.

Good post though. Rodgers is just now really getting great though. A lot of good qbs will have a game where they throw 4 picks and it makes them look bad. It happens to everyone. You just have to look at their overall stats as a whole. Or what I like to do is look at how many good games they had compared to bad. To me, Big Ben is kind of like Bradshaw in that he will be no where near the idea of best QB ever, but still possibly a hall of famer for winning multiple super bowls.

Just curious, if Bradshaw was in Madden, what would you rate him? I'd go somwhere 91-94. You?
I know every QB has drops and stuff that are out of his control, but I'd never seen a guy quite so 'unlucky' statistically during a season as Ben was that year. Any time he was in a hail mary situation it was picked off, any time a pass got tipped at the line it was gonna be picked. It was just that kind of year. Anyway though, I like the good game to bad game ratio idea, and although there are games Ben might throw only 20 passes in blowouts, his ratio would probably be really good.

Bradshaw actually had good stats for his era, and is probably the 2nd best big game QB of all time next to Joe Montana, but I agree he's not in arguments for best QB ever (Although I would say he's Top 10-15). It was a different era he played in, and QBs were asked to throw deep a lot more back then. There weren't as many short passes which led to higher INTs and lower completion %'s. Across the board, QBs of that era didn't put up what would be considered 'good stats' today.

As far as Madden goes, in his prime I would give the Blonde Bomber a 93-95. He had a '99 arm' and was actually very accurate and athletic. His problem was that he made a bunch of bonehead throws which led to a bunch of INTs, especially early in his career. I guess he wouldn't have the best awareness. It's really tough to judge QBs from that era and put it into a modern view.

In my opinion, I think Roethlisberger is a better QB prospect. Bradshaw had the stronger arm, but physically speaking that was Bradshaw's only advantage. Both could extend plays and throw on the run and stuff, but Roethlisberger is a smarter decision maker (on the field) and knows how to put the right touch on passes as well as make the ridiculous plays with defenders hanging off of him. Both could make ridiculous throws and both were/are very clutch players. Obviously only time will tell if Roethlisberger will continue at a high level and have as good a career as Terry, but he definitely has the potential to be that great.

# 173 SuperChargers @ 06/25/10 07:01 PM
way too many 99's here

# 174 Franchise-Star-21 @ 06/25/10 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
Dont go there, Pack fans claim it was just an abberation

That last second/final play pass to Mike Wallace from BR7 was EPIC.
Epic????

Did you see who was covering him ?

A fresh off the practice sqaud scrub named Josh Bell,, thats how injured our D backfield was at the time.

You keep talking about that game to show off your Precious Big Ben , But you do not Understand Rodgers was basically doing the same thing !

Your are just bias dude, Stats will tell you, Fans will tell you, Pro's will tell you

Big Ben isn't even on the same Godly level as A-ROD .

Not even an arguement man .

# 175 Franchise-Star-21 @ 06/25/10 07:15 PM
Quote:
Donny, why have you not given Nick Collins his rightous 95 speed that he deserves? He is clearely faster then Percy Harvin, and Jeremy Maclin. He ran a 4.28 at his pro day, and a 4.31 at the combine. Whereas, Harvin ran a 4.41. We were on you all year on the EA forums to change it, yet you never did, why? Then you failed to even update it for this year. If Collins is a 89 speed then Harvin should have 86 speed.

I been preaching this for 2 years bro !

Anyone that watches Nick Collins in game will believe us.

# 176 Maniac-64- @ 06/25/10 07:41 PM
Rodgers, a future Hall of Famer???

He needs to prove a lot more before he can be given that title.

# 177 Gosens6 @ 06/25/10 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise-Star-21
Epic????

Did you see who was covering him ?

A fresh off the practice sqaud scrub named Josh Bell,, thats how injured our D backfield was at the time.

You keep talking about that game to show off your Precious Big Ben , But you do not Understand Rodgers was basically doing the same thing !

Your are just bias dude, Stats will tell you, Fans will tell you, Pro's will tell you

Big Ben isn't even on the same Godly level as A-ROD .

Not even an arguement man .
POT.KETTLE.BLACK

While I agree with you that Aaron Rodgers is better than Ben now, it doesn't mean you're any less bias than he is, or every other Steeler and Packer fan in this thread.

O and Big Ben is on his level, just not above it. Rodgers is Elite, so is Ben.

# 178 denverbro89 @ 06/25/10 08:27 PM
Not being biased, but Chris Kuper should be one of the top guards, and Ryan Harris should be a 87-89, I would drop Bailey and Dawkins by 2-3 points, and I'm tired of seeing Peterson as a top RB every year, he has more fumbles than any RB since he's been in the league, and most of his yards come from playing against bad defenses. And what about DJ Williams, he's no sack machine but, he's definitely a tackle machine and is consistent, I would compare Williams and Willis.

# 179 Franchise-Star-21 @ 06/25/10 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
POT.KETTLE.BLACK

While I agree with you that Aaron Rodgers is better than Ben now, it doesn't mean you're any less bias than he is, or every other Steeler and Packer fan in this thread.

O and Big Ben is on his level, just not above it. Rodgers is Elite, so is Ben.
No bias from me at all. Big Ben is a great QB..Im just stating facts...
If it is just one play, game , or season... A-ROD is the QB you want behind center. over BR.

And he is actually not on A-ROD'S level to be honest.

# 180 kwabalicious @ 06/25/10 09:39 PM
where the hell is big ben?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.