Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Designer Larry Richart breaks down the No Huddle Offense in NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"Hey there NCAA fans, we're back again with some more gameplay info for NCAA Football 11. We've had some very positive feedback from the demo as well as at E3 and can't wait for the game to hit the shelves in a few weeks. It's been a crazy world in college football as Nebraska and Colorado have left the Big 12 for the Big 10 and Pac-10 respectively. Now after all the dust has settled it looks like the Big 12 will remain intact for the most part and remain a strong conference with 10 teams. Despite these losses, the current Big 12 Conference will still have some of the most exciting offenses in the college game today. Some of that success can be directly attributed to the use of the No Huddle Offense. Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, and Iowa State all utilize the No Huddle offense and have put up huge offensive numbers over the past few seasons."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 dan_457 @ 06/22/10 06:36 PM
Ah okay, thanks for the explanation. The only thing is that, I feel like there is some small degree of this, or something of the sort. I remember last year that there would be times players wouldn't come back into the game if you set the Auto-Sub percentage high enough, which means that a players overall stamina % cap, has to be dropping to some degree right? But either way it's definitely not implemented correctly though.

# 42 UTAllTheWay @ 06/22/10 08:42 PM
Progressive fatigue is another one of those fundamental aspects of football that's been missing from Current-Gen ncaa football games. I really wish they would put it in soon.

# 43 jello1717 @ 06/22/10 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
only when you run to the line. Real no huddle offenses no huddle automatically and then have whatever plays they want from the sidelines. They dont just have four formation audibles and four regular audibles. They have all plays from that formation.
It doesn't sound like you understood me. In NCAA '11 (including the demo) both offense and defense have their entire playbooks to choose from while doing the no huddle. They don't just have 4 formation audibles and 4 normal audibles. All plays from all (except probably special teams) formations. You mentioned "They have all plays from that formation." In NCAA '11's no huddle offense, it goes 1 step further. Not only do you have every play from that formation available, you have every play from every other formation available. The only thing missing from what I quoted is that you have to push the "y" button every time instead of having it automatic.

# 44 LionsFanNJ @ 06/22/10 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue
im glad they have the look to the sideline animations in the full game because they didnt in the demo.
It was actually.

Edit: Also noticed Rutgers is one of the no huddle teams. Sweet.

# 45 NDFan1029 @ 06/22/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Stupid newbie question:

In the OU vids, why are the preplay routes squiggly? Noticed this in the demo; thought it might be a glitch. Thanks...
It's supposed to be the "intimidation factor" the home field advantage puts on the away team.

# 46 fcboiler87 @ 06/23/10 07:16 AM
EA has the no huddle way too fast. It just doesn't operate that way. Players aren't in that great of shape to be able to run the 2-minute offense at all times like that. And if teams want to utilize that pace, then they sub. Because believe it or not EA, no huddle teams sub for different formation packages. No huddle is like it sounds. They just don't huddle up. Players are subbed in like normal. How do I know? I am a coach and run this offense. This feature really needs some work.

# 47 Lavar @ 06/23/10 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
EA has the no huddle way too fast. It just doesn't operate that way. Players aren't in that great of shape to be able to run the 2-minute offense at all times like that. And if teams want to utilize that pace, then they sub. Because believe it or not EA, no huddle teams sub for different formation packages. No huddle is like it sounds. They just don't huddle up. Players are subbed in like normal. How do I know? I am a coach and run this offense. This feature really needs some work.
Agreed. Why are they sprinting to the line of scrimmage its not done that way.

# 48 dan_457 @ 06/24/10 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdogs2
wondering about chain gang during no huddle
chain gang?... what chain gang?

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.