Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

As most of you are well aware of our morning unexpected surprise with Sony Europe (SCEE) releasing the PS3 EU patch, I can now officially cofirm the NA patch is live as well. This means ALL PS3 UFC players world-wide can patch up and play against each other. While this is great for PS3 players as a welcome surprise, it is unfortunate for XBOX 360 players. We never release a patch for a system or region before it is ready for all, that is why this is unfortunate for 360 players. We do not control the green "GO" button, but we do co-manage the final process and communication with 1st party so that everyone is always aligned, makes sense right? =) We had no idea the Sony Europe PS3 patch would release and thus were caught off guard. Not until all patch versions (360 and PS3) have been approved, are any patches supposed to be released. That said, this is great for PS3 players whom were facing the brunt of online issues with the game, and while not fair, it is still good news in general for PS3 players.

So what does this mean for PS3 players?
  • All Playstation 3 players should be able to patch and play each other
And what about XBOX 360 players?
  • Unfortunately, Microsoft has no jurisdiction to speed up their processes in light of an early release of the PS3 patch. We can't force the XBOX 360 patch to come out any faster than was already planned per their approval and testing process. MSFT has had the patch for a week and all signs have pointed to their approval this week or early next which would then allow us to immedietly release, and that is currently still the plan.
  • We are informing MSFT about this situation, but it is unlikely their process will speed up as such. We're hopeful and confident it will remain on track andf they will approve as quickly as Sony is currently doing. We have to respect their processes.
This is an unfortunate situation for 360 players and yet a great situation for PS3 players, one that caught us completely off guard and is unquestionably out of our hands. The EU PS3 version of the patch was not to be released until all versions for PS3/X360 were approved and ready. Apologies to 360 players, three cheers to PS3 players, we will do everything in our power to get the X360 patch approved and out with MSFT.

Thanks for understanding, and to those who have downloaded the PS3 patch, we hope its being enjoyed thus far and starting to cure a lot of your online woes.

Of course, I will update with more info as soon as I have it.

-Tank

Source: UFC Patch Release Update - All PS3 patch versions live (UPDATED)

What's in the patch?
  • Changes Ranked and Player Match matchmaking to increase the success rate of joining online matches - applies to PS3 and X360.
  • Changes online point system so that players lose Ranked match points upon disconnecting from the match.
  • Removes instant takedowns. All takedowns now require a struggle.
  • Changes the Omoplata submission so fighters cannot cancel to a standing position.
  • Reduces the success rate of the AI when executing and defending submissions on higher difficulties.
  • Fixes CAF stats so they update correctly when moving to different weight divisions in Career mode.
  • Fixes a bug in Career in which the fighter is demoted to the WFA when he should not.
  • Career Fighters no longer keep their stats when copied to the Create A Fighter mode.
  • Career Fighters can no longer obtain stats of 100 in all categories (i.e. no Super CAFs)
Along with this patch deploy, we'll also be launching the Fight Camps, web stats, and tournament features on our website. We purposely held off on these with the patch timeline as we wanted to make sure the game was in a clean state that felt fair for everyone. I think you'll be pleased with the website integration.

Source: UFC Patch Update - highlight fixes + update

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jb12780 @ 06/22/10 04:09 PM
Wow 360 users are getting hosed with this game. First, PS3 gets Severn, Gracie, and Pulver as extra fighters, now this. O well.

# 2 sb24 @ 06/22/10 04:21 PM
Meh 360 usually gets things first so Im not mad. If they submit both systems at the same time and one moves quicker than the other you cant be mad at that. And it gives me time until after I move to get back interested in the game.

# 3 mgoblue @ 06/22/10 04:29 PM
Can someone with the PS3 version comment on submissions vs. AI? They said they were toning down the CPU's awesome advantage, but wondering how well that worked...

I've been working to learn the system more and am able to submit a bit more often, but it's not realistic (usually I have to beat the hell out of someone for 3 rounds at least to get a sub)

# 4 eeyor @ 06/22/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Can someone with the PS3 version comment on submissions vs. AI? They said they were toning down the CPU's awesome advantage, but wondering how well that worked...

I've been working to learn the system more and am able to submit a bit more often, but it's not realistic (usually I have to beat the hell out of someone for 3 rounds at least to get a sub)
Actually I have a harder time getting a sub on the expert cpu. Also they changed the whole system significantly and I have yet to figure out what they did.
Tactics that worked before the patch (sub switching) don't work as well anymore. People at the official forum actually complain they are harder than before but that is hard to say.
The system has really been re-worked so one should let it grow and not bash it instantly.

# 5 mgoblue @ 06/22/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
Actually I have a harder time getting a sub on the expert cpu. Also they changed the whole system significantly and I have yet to figure out what they did.
Tactics that worked before the patch (sub switching) don't work as well anymore. People at the official forum actually complain they are harder than before but that is hard to say.
The system has really been re-worked so one should let it grow and not bash it instantly.
Ugh, thanks. There's a great thread on the official forum about submissions that I'm learning from, and still need to master, but submissions are much more rough this year vs. last year.

Hopefully once that thread guy (or someone else) analyze things they'll come up with something that works a bit better.

# 6 Shawnj86 @ 06/22/10 05:18 PM
thanks

# 7 Sandman42 @ 06/22/10 05:21 PM
Anyone with the patch notice if you can still reverse at will?

# 8 Phobia @ 06/22/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Anyone with the patch notice if you can still reverse at will?
unfortunatelysand this won't change. It is a design decision and they won't remove it. I think the reverse system should be completely removed.

I think I will ban reversals in league games.

# 9 JoeMimic @ 06/22/10 05:31 PM
Figures they'd take out exporting your career guy into CAF, total THQ move. It's just like their WWE series where you have to go through all the way through their modes if you want to have a guy with decent stats every single time. How about a toggle when you're making a guy in CAF that you can select him to not be able for play offline so you can have access to full points. I just want to have a bunch of different CAFs on my roster without having to play through the boring career mode every time.

# 10 Cyros @ 06/22/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
unfortunatelysand this won't change. It is a design decision and they won't remove it. I think the reverse system should be completely removed.

What's the deal with reversals?

# 11 Phobia @ 06/22/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
What's the deal with reversals?
They break the game.

Basically I could have the worst guy on the ground say KIMBO SLICE for example. You could have Big Nog or Frank Mir. You could have top control and I could reverse you and take top control basically when ever I want. It is based ZERO on stats and just purely timing. Now with the auto transiton block, everyone just spams reversals and it becomes comical. Watching a horrible ground fighter such as Kimbo reverse world class BJJ guys at will is insane stupid

Stupidest thing in the game, even beats out the horrible stamina.

# 12 Cyros @ 06/22/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
They break the game.

Basically I could have the worst guy on the ground say KIMBO SLICE for example. You could have Big Nog or Frank Mir. You could have top control and I could reverse you and take top control basically when ever I want. It is based ZERO on stats and just purely timing. Now with the auto transiton block, everyone just spams reversals and it becomes comical. Watching a horrible ground fighter such as Kimbo reverse world class BJJ guys at will is insane stupid

Stupidest thing in the game, even beats out the horrible stamina.
SMH.

# 13 mikenoob @ 06/22/10 05:53 PM
Phobia, I don't think banning reversals in league matches will do any good. People would be able to get up automatically without you being able to throw any punches. It would just become a standup game with an occasional takedown.

# 14 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 06/22/10 05:53 PM
im just glad they did fix the game. you know i give thq credit. they listen and they put the patch out as soon as possible. thank god i have the ps3 lol cuz who knows when the 360 get this patch lol.

# 15 jeremym480 @ 06/22/10 05:57 PM
I don't guess I'll be downloading this patch for awhile. I still want to create a couple of decent fighters.

# 16 jerk @ 06/22/10 06:02 PM
Gesh, still takes FOREVER to find a match online....

# 17 Pistolero @ 06/22/10 06:04 PM
Good to hear on some of the changes, but I would've at least liked a little improving on the flask KO. Gets me really annoyed when im winning a fight easily then all the sudden...BOOM.. out cold.

# 18 mgoblue @ 06/22/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolero
Good to hear on some of the changes, but I would've at least liked a little improving on the flask KO. Gets me really annoyed when im winning a fight easily then all the sudden...BOOM.. out cold.
I'm sure that annoys real UFC fighters too lol Chuck was doing pretty well against Franklin then BOOM

I do know that Flash KO's are too prevalent, but just had to joke

# 19 Hiro1 @ 06/22/10 06:21 PM
Beating reversals!!

I have no problem beating guys spamming reverses. The trick is to not transition in one full motion.. every time. Break it into two different motions. Once you hold the right stick in a certain direction you will notice your fighter prepare for his transition(you can opt to hold this for however long you want or until your opponent tries to transition). At this point many online opponents will spam reverse flicking, the twitch is a dead giveaway. Next continue and finish w/ your transition by rotating you stick to either a minor or major transition. As long as you avoid his 1st initial reverse flick he will never successfully reverse you spamming.

# 20 DavonBrown @ 06/22/10 06:27 PM
Quote:

As much as I hate reversals, I think that would be unfair since transition blocking doesn't really work this year.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.