Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Gamespot has posted their hands-on preview of NBA Elite 11.

Quote:
"The E3 demo we played featured an onscreen heads-up display that showed our right and left stick movements; it also featured a shot meter that showed us the ideal release time for every shot we took--but that HUD element won't be part of the final game. Instead, you'll need to rely on the feel of the shot to get the power right. And, you'll need to keep in mind that you'll be able to miss right or left of the basket if you aren't straight with your right stick when shooting. But hey, don't worry: Shooters shoot, remember?

The new controls aren't reserved for players on offense, however. You'll be able to attempt a steal by pressing down on the right stick and move your player's right or left hand up or down by pressing left or right on the stick. Producers told us that tweaked animations and improved player AI will mean that a defender's hand will better track the ball, making it easier to break up a pass or block a shot (the latter of which you can execute by pressing up on the right stick).

Beyond the controls, it's the new animation and physics system that really shine on defense. Player contact feels great, especially if an offensive player is backing you down. It looks and feels like a real struggle for control--a struggle that either player can break out of at any time with a quick spin move or a steal attempt. Forget the player lock on defensive controls of years past, too; in NBA Elite 11, defense will be about quick reflexes, keeping your body in between your assigned player and the basket. On defense, you'll be able to pull off quick side-to-side steps to stop a player from making a move to the hoop, but there's an element of risk versus reward here. If you slide in the wrong direction, you might get your ankles broken trying to get back, giving your opponent an open lane to the basket."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Ermolli @ 06/22/10 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Link to the pictures:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...%3Bimage_index

The skin textures seem to have made a drastic change.

For the better....
Thanks for the links. Pics look nice

# 22 myownsun @ 06/22/10 10:40 PM
Great linkage bling!

# 23 Jonesy @ 06/22/10 10:49 PM
I loved the controls for the most part last year and this just seems like they are building on that nicely. I just hope this old man can get his hands and head around all these controls for both games. Hope they have also included tip slams this year as well.

Lebron gets UP on this one.

# 24 Earl1963 @ 06/22/10 10:50 PM
I can't wait, sounds very promising and FRESH.

# 25 funkysven @ 06/22/10 11:02 PM
Surely tip dunks will be in this year after not having it last year and the complaining that went on.

# 26 Haval93 @ 06/22/10 11:34 PM
Can somebody post the screens. I can't load them on gamespot for some reason.

# 27 Tha_Kid @ 06/23/10 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Can somebody post the screens. I can't load them on gamespot for some reason.
Go to the gallery from this Link

One thing for certain is this demo is going to get a lot of time in 3 months. Looking forward to figuring out the gathers. On this screen, i wonder if going up slightly to the left or right lets you choose to finish right or left handed?

# 28 richmo @ 06/23/10 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Go to the gallery from this Link

One thing for certain is this demo is going to get a lot of time in 3 months. Looking forward to figuring out the gathers. On this screen, i wonder if going up slightly to the left or right lets you choose to finish right or left handed?

If this doesn't include a controllable crab-dribble, I'm not buying. PERIOD!

# 29 ScoobySnax @ 06/23/10 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Looks good. LIVE 10s controls were already outstanding though. For those who've played it a bit, is this just those controls improved or a whole new level?
Sounds to me like the are taking Live 10's controls and bringing them to a whole new level (for the good! LOL).

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.