Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

We now have access to two individuals who are working hard at putting EA's NBA series back to where it was. I'd like to give a warm welcome to rEAnimator and stepsix.

They will be here answering questions and sharing ideas to get a better grasp on what the community expects, as well as clear up some misconceptions on the actual game.

I'd ask you guys show them the respect, that should go without saying here.

They will follow up with their introductions now.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 rockchisler @ 06/24/10 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
Welcome to the OS team. Hope your skin is thick.....Enjoy fellas
This

# 62 NoTiCe_O @ 06/24/10 11:06 AM
Did you guys change the rims sounds for dunks and misses?

They sound nothing like real life and more like an arcade game, if those sounds were as good as 2k's tht would be a little thjing tht improves the game alot in my perspective.

# 63 gmix411 @ 06/24/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Boii
i was told in the physics thread that there will be dunkons. and you get different results each time. hope that helps
Thanks for the reply. Does that include when both players are in the air? We've seen Durant dunk on Jennings when Jennings doesn't jump. I wanna know what happens if Jennings jumps to try and block the shot.

# 64 HoosierDaddy @ 06/24/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Did you guys change the rims sounds for dunks and misses?

They sound nothing like real life and more like an arcade game, if those sounds were as good as 2k's tht would be a little thjing tht improves the game alot in my perspective.
This was discussed.

# 65 NoTiCe_O @ 06/24/10 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
This was discussed.
Well what's the results? I haven't read about it .. Or do you mean it was disucseed at community day?

# 66 gmac0322 @ 06/24/10 11:19 AM
Are the substitution patterns going to be fixed?

# 67 HoosierDaddy @ 06/24/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Well what's the results? I haven't read about it .. Or do you mean it was disucseed at community day?
community day.

# 68 blingballa333 @ 06/24/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
community day.
Nice.

Hoosier I have a question for you. While watching the video, I saw Connor Dougan, a developer, accidentally pull of a crossover when he was trying to achieve a left handed layup. Did you see this is a problem when you had your hands on the game?

Thanks

# 69 HoosierDaddy @ 06/24/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Nice.

Hoosier I have a question for you. While watching the video, I saw Connor Dougan, a developer, accidentally pull of a crossover when he was trying to achieve a left handed layup. Did you see this is a problem when you had your hands on the game?

Thanks
Not really, I can't remember a time where I didn't do what I wanted after I got used to the controls. I can't recall the time of the video I saw that happen with Connor.

# 70 bigsmallwood @ 06/24/10 12:35 PM
Welcome 2 OS!!! Great to have you and look forward to learning as much as possible about Elite 11!

# 71 dvir10 @ 06/24/10 01:01 PM
hi guys and welcome aboard, i have a tiny question that i must know,
it's about kobe sigshot did you guys changed it??
because in live 10 it wasn't looked like his real sigshot,even on live 09 it was look better.
i really hope that you changed it.

# 72 loadleft @ 06/24/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Good idea!

I just don't think a Steve Nash should have an effect on a Kobe draining it in his face, like he does all day every day.
To some degree, I agree. For argument sake, if Kobe was shooting while surrounded by Howard, Artest, and Battier w/Nash in the front, he'd most likely choose Nash's direction to shoot and at that point I'd think even Nash would have a pretty good shot at blocking his shot, you think? (LOL)

# 73 dubbduces @ 06/24/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsix
More info on what's going on with Dynasty & the other game modes will be coming out at a later date. Reanimator & myself are on the gameplay team but there are other guys on here that will be able to answer more Modes questions down the road.

Sorry man! I know there are some hardcore Dynasty heads waiting for news.
It's cool, I'm just looking forward to getting to know more about the game!

# 74 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderNo9
Hey guys so far so good, the game looks like you are giving it the MVP treatment.

My question goes to layups vs dunks, will we be able to choose which we do or will it depend on the distant we are from the ring and who we are controlling?

For example if I am Kobe can I choose to lay it in, or because Kobe is a dunker only dunk when in the lain?

I would like to control which I do. Thanks fellas.

You can always choose to do a layup by rolling the stick up to the left/right to get a left/right handed layup.

If you press straight up on the right stick while in dunk range you'll perform a dunk. If you're controlling a player who can't dunk then you'll get a finger roll or runner instead.

# 75 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmix411
I already asked this in the q&a thread but I would really like to know if mid-air collisions are better in elite 11 because of the real-time physics?
Yes, mid air collision are way better. They can happen at any time, whether you're doing a dunk, layup, block, rebound or shot. It makes the game much more unpredictable and realistic.

I keep getting surprised by the cool moments we see that we never specifically programmed into the game, but emerge out of all the systems interacting together properly.

# 76 bigball12 @ 06/24/10 01:49 PM
Have you guys fixed the players without their authenticity or picture in the game? Gallinari, Amundson, Dragic, Will Bynum, Jerebko etc. Especially Gallinari?

# 77 bigball12 @ 06/24/10 01:51 PM
And what about clear path fouls, kick balls, loose ball fouls, jump balls during games (tieups) and rolling the ball during the inbound to save time (a.k.a. 'Walk the dog' inbound). The lack of clear path fouls in Live 10 was insane online! you would have a breakaway lay-up or dunk online, and the person would just intentionally foul you without consequence.

# 78 HoosierDaddy @ 06/24/10 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
Have you guys fixed the players without their authenticity or picture in the game? Gallinari, Amundson, Dragic, Will Bynum, Jerebko etc. Especially Gallinari?
players like this are being addressed, I'm helping a few of the devs with this.

# 79 bigball12 @ 06/24/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
players like this are being addressed, I'm helping a few of the devs with this.
Money! Here is the entire List:

1. Gallinari - By far the worst. No real face, or even a photo for that matter
2. Goran Dragic - Real Photo, but created players face
3. Will Bynum - Real photo, but created players face
4. Jonas Jerebko - Real photo, but created players face
5. DaJuan Summers - Real photo, but created players face
6. Carlos Delfino - No photo, created players face
7. Luc Richard Mbah A Moute - No photo, created players face
8. Darren Collison - Real Photo, created players face
9. Serge Ibaka - No photo, created players face
10. Louis Amundson - Real Photo, created players face. Terrible Capture. The Pony Tail is awful. He literally looks like a girl on the court.
11. Dejuan Blair - No photo, created players face
12 Wesley Matthews - No photo, created players face
13. Omri Casspi - No photo, created players face

# 80 HoosierDaddy @ 06/24/10 02:29 PM
LOL, I think I have everyone of those players in my list, and more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.