Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Ok, we can get into specifics, such as the control scheme and such now that the embargo has been lifted.

If we can't answer something, obviously we won't.

So... what you do guys want to know?

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 HoosierDaddy @ 06/23/10 10:17 PM
Those of you asking about things they implemented control scheme wise that we addressed, are yet to be determined. I would think many of the things we pitched to them, will make it into the game. At least I'd hope

# 42 krazyboy225 @ 06/23/10 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Those of you asking about things they implemented control scheme wise that we addressed, are yet to be determined. I would think many of the things we pitched to them, will make it into the game. At least I'd hope
I like the fact that you guys were able to offer suggestions to them and the suggestions were actually taken seriously...

# 43 HoosierDaddy @ 06/23/10 11:01 PM
Guys posting about signature shots have to take into account the game is far from finished. They're certainly aware of Jennings shooting right-handed, etc..

# 44 HoosierDaddy @ 06/23/10 11:07 PM
clear path fouls were discussed. tip-in dunks, as well. Graphics were addressed, but far from complete during our time.

# 45 HoosierDaddy @ 06/23/10 11:09 PM
Those asking about shooting half-court shots when meaning to dribble behind your back. It will take practice to get used to the controls at first, but I personally had no such issue. I really think that won't be a problem.

# 46 HoosierDaddy @ 06/23/10 11:18 PM
ummm? LOL

# 47 TUSS11 @ 06/23/10 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedrum
Please Please Please EA dont (F-this up) NBA Live 10 was the best basketball game to date in my opinion and I need someone to calm my nerves in regard to this news I have been hearing about NBA Elite 11. Does the angle that we play really need to be changed (NO) do we really think that removing the turbo will make this a better game to play (NO) Please Please Please let there be a classics control option like NHL 10 has. Please EA dont let all the hard work done on NBA live 10 go to waste please dont take away the signature shooting Kobe shoots like Kobe D wade shoots like D Wade Lebron shoots like Lebron, please give me some post moves and if there are no put back dunks in this game it will be a hge dissapointment and I dont mean put backs I mean PUT BACKS big time and numerous types and get rid of the slowdown motion on alle oops we need a better system for that and a whole bunch of them...Please EA dont (F-THIS UP). Please also make the rebounding and blocked shots 10 times better and dont make defense in afterthought. I wont take back my Live 10 until I play Elite 11 and if it is not better then 10 I might have to finally give up and go to 2k unwillingly. Even then I might just update all the rosters and just play Live 10..Please dont make me do that. And one last thought make the presentation like the ESPN basketball games are in real life let there be a player of the half interview and a player of the game interview as well as actual highlights with commentary. Please someone sooth my concious I am soooooo worried.
Suggestion: break that essay up into smaller paragraphs.

# 48 Nickman310 @ 06/23/10 11:37 PM
exactly what is real time physics?
i keep hearing people talking about it but i cant really get the whole picture.
PLEASE HELP

# 49 blingballa333 @ 06/23/10 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickman310
PLEASE HELP
Here's a start. Read all the articles and watch the videos released about the game that are easily accessible in the first page of this message board

# 50 TUSS11 @ 06/23/10 11:58 PM
How do you pump fake? Triple threat moves?

# 51 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickman310
PLEASE HELP
I'd actually really like to talk about this in more detail. It's one of the features I'm working on this year.

If you start up a new thread asking this question I'll jump on it (probably later tonight or tomorrow) and we can get a discussion going.

# 52 ParisB @ 06/24/10 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
I'd actually really like to talk about this in more detail. It's one of the features I'm working on this year.

If you start up a new thread asking this question I'll jump on it (probably later tonight or tomorrow) and we can get a discussion going.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-physics.html

# 53 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Nice!

Missed that one.

# 54 shmitty @ 06/24/10 02:25 AM
Is there any way we can get some info on Be A Pro? Or we that info be released later?

# 55 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmitty
Is there any way we can get some info on Be A Pro? Or we that info be released later?
Released later I believe.

# 56 RayDog253 @ 06/24/10 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
this.

# 57 rEAnimator @ 06/24/10 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I don't think triple threat is done yet so I don't want to speak on that yet because I'll probably get it wrong.

To do a pump fake you quickly tap up on the right stick. It feels really natural given that shot is up/hold/release on the right stick.

# 58 RayDog253 @ 06/24/10 03:22 AM
Quote:
I don't think triple threat is done yet so I don't want to speak on that yet because I'll probably get it wrong.

To do a pump fake you quickly tap up on the right stick. It feels really natural given that shot is up/hold/release on the right stick.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if it would work with the new mechanic. Glad to hear that it does.

# 59 TUSS11 @ 06/24/10 03:35 AM
Quote:

Ok, cool. I'm hoping for a Live 2003-esque triple threat system. Sweep-throughs, palming the ball away from the defender, etc.

# 60 stepsix @ 06/24/10 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
clear path fouls were discussed. tip-in dunks, as well. Graphics were addressed, but far from complete during our time.
Clear path fouls are in.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.