Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

IGN has posted their preview of NBA Elite 11.

Quote:
"An aspect that I particularly enjoyed was the fact that the ball should no longer warp in and out of being a part of the in-game physical world. No idea what I'm talking about? Well, back in the old NBA Live days, some passes simply could not be intercepted. It didn't matter if your player read the pass properly; if the "steal ball" animation didn't play out, the ball was going to pass right through you. Now if your hand is there, you're going to make contact. Same goes for swiping at the ball as the other player is dribbling it, which is now handled entirely with the right stick. If you're positioned correctly and you see your hand hit the ball, chances are you're going to knock it loose.

Likewise, when you have the ball it's up to you to avoid the defense however possible. Much like the NHL series before it, NBA Elite's right trigger has assumed the former responsibilities of the A button (or X on PS3) meaning that you'll use it to pass the ball and switch players. The rest of the face buttons are now used for things like telling members of your squad to make different cuts on the court. You can tell them to make a run for an alley oop, make a v-cut or set a screen for you. The shooting and all your dribbling moves, as I've said, are completely tied to the right analog stick."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 richmo @ 06/23/10 02:39 PM
Wow, so as well as asking for a screen, we can use the face buttons to ask for cutters and off-ball screens? And the pass button is changed to the right trigger? I am actually liking the sound of this, though it this whole new control scheme sounds like it has a huge learning curve.

# 2 Jano @ 06/23/10 02:44 PM
Wow!! passing with the right trigger is definitely gonna be different, I'm interested to see how all the other passing controls will be handled this year..

# 3 bigsmallwood @ 06/23/10 03:03 PM
This game is shaping up to be a crown snatcher.....if the entire game is done right!

# 4 Ermolli @ 06/23/10 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
This game is shaping up to be a crown snatcher.....if the entire game is done right!
It's what is supposed to, hope for it

# 5 Shawnj86 @ 06/23/10 03:15 PM
ok

# 6 a walrus @ 06/23/10 03:31 PM
Passiing with the right trigger seems a little pin-ballish to me?

# 7 smithdynasty @ 06/23/10 04:01 PM
Im not buying the EA hype

# 8 eye guy @ 06/23/10 04:09 PM
Crown snatcher or not, just give me another good option for basketball titles.

# 9 bonannogiovanni @ 06/23/10 05:24 PM
So it seems the free throw mechanics follows suit, I like that, no more filling bars at last.

# 10 Earl1963 @ 06/23/10 06:57 PM
The controls are almost exactly like the NHL series, so I'm already use to it. But then again I do occasionally accidentally shoot when I'm trying to deke.

# 11 Rocboyz101 @ 06/23/10 07:07 PM
Now if they can get dynasty mode fixed up along with this, I'll be happy.

# 12 inkpimp007 @ 06/23/10 08:29 PM
Okay what i'n concerned about was when he mentioned the big men he made it sound as if nothing had been overhauled and that is something that needs to totally be redone for this thing to work. Maybe he just didn't think to really get into it or just forgot, who knows?

# 13 TreyIM2 @ 06/23/10 10:52 PM
While nothing really new here, it's still exciting to read about the changes from a different perspective.

# 14 Blak_Baki_Hanma @ 09/07/10 11:16 AM
Turns out it's all a lie when it comes to ball physics.... the gameplay vids show the ball SUPER WARPING right thru multiple defenders ESPECIALLY during pick n rolls, which are as overpowered as they were in Live 09. Nothing but regression.

Terribly disappointing

# 15 fatleg3 @ 09/07/10 12:24 PM
i like the pics with the moves and how to do them. I think thats what i want to see more of

# 16 Behindshadows @ 09/07/10 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
i like the pics with the moves and how to do them. I think thats what i want to see more of
Those are old and were released months ago....

Time to show some new info on this game, graphics changes, player model difference, game modes details, presentation videos, etc.

The game comes out in less than a month, and we have no solid info or videos.

# 17 fatleg3 @ 09/07/10 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Those are old and were released months ago....

Time to show some new info on this game, graphics changes, player model difference, game modes details, presentation videos, etc.

The game comes out in less than a month, and we have no solid info or videos.
Yea i know. the whole review is old. But i just never paid attentiion to the pics with the moves until now

# 18 rEAnimator @ 09/08/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
I been playing NHL 11 to get the handle on the controls since it's similar, it took awhile to get used to, but i'm getting used to it. Also in NHL, if you hold down the pass button, the harder the pass, I wonder if that's the same case for NBA Elite
It is.

If you want to pass to someone close to you, press and release quickly.

If you want to pass cross court, hold longer.

I believe there's even an indicator that will move from one player to the next as you "power up" and aim your pass so you know who will be targeted.

# 19 Super Glock @ 09/13/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
It is.

I believe there's even an indicator that will move from one player to the next as you "power up" and aim your pass so you know who will be targeted.
Excellent this is great to hear because I love the passing in NHL11 and think it will work very well in Elite.

# 20 babythug23 @ 09/13/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
It is.

So if i have someone open i have to wait till it powers up to go to that person if he is not close to me? By that time they might not be open? Is there any ICON passing? I think this is one of them games you got to play to understand some of the controls

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.